Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I have been to many vital records offices and I didn't think it was possible for a certificate to be available and on file there so soon.

Probably true. But that doesn't mean someone there didn't provide the soundbyte. jmo

Documents filed in court this morning clearly state they have no arrangements made, which they blamed on being emotionally devastated and also the holidays. They state they are unable to locate an alternate arrangements. There is no mention of bringing Jahi home, only placement to an alternate care facility. ( paraphrasing)

page 17 & 18 : won't let me copy

http://www.thaddeuspope.com/images/Mcmath_ND_Cal_Settlement_01-02-14.pdf

According to the documents, they began searching for a place on 12/24. I know that we have seen claims of facilities willing to take her since then, although only one has been named and has actually come forward to say that they would. So, as of today, ten days working on this? Now I really want to go back and check dates of articles, to see when the facility info started popping up.

Kind of O/T but I want to say thank you to everyone. I'm on modified bed rest right now (hoping baby stays put for 28 more days!) and you have made this time so much more tolerable as well as entertaining and educating! :)

Awww Kaliste! Congratulations in advance! :loveyou:

And in the midst of this, is dear sweet Jahi's soul...the eternal part of her that lives, shining and bright and full of joy.

Jahi's body is not at rest, but my prayer is that her soul - that infinite spark of LOVE - is free, and has joined God in the most beautiful garden, full of snickerdoodle ice cream and swimming pools; that she dances with the angels, happily pirouetting and hip-hopping; that she laughs at the knee of God, with inexpressible joy at being Home at last.

You, Jahi. That's who I think about all the time. YOU. And I pray for you, and for all those whose lives you've touched...

Best-
Herding Cats

Good luck Kaliste! Sending lots of hope (and prayers if you want them) that baby stays right where he/she is for at least 28 more days.

Kind of O/T but I want to say thank you to everyone. I'm on modified bed rest right now (hoping baby stays put for 28 more days!) and you have made this time so much more tolerable as well as entertaining and educating! :)

Hope your baby loves being warm for at least 28 more days! Love having you here with us. :seeya:

And in the midst of this, is dear sweet Jahi's soul...the eternal part of her that lives, shining and bright and full of joy.

Jahi's body is not at rest, but my prayer is that her soul - that infinite spark of LOVE - is free, and has joined God in the most beautiful garden, full of snickerdoodle ice cream and swimming pools; that she dances with the angels, happily pirouetting and hip-hopping; that she laughs at the knee of God, with inexpressible joy at being Home at last.

You, Jahi. That's who I think about all the time. YOU. And I pray for you, and for all those whose lives you've touched...

Best-
Herding Cats
Thanks was just not enough. This was so beautifully said. I hope and pray that when people think of Jahi in the future they remember HER, not this horrible ordeal. From everything I've read she was a wonderful kid and the world has lost a beautiful soul. I hope that the memories her friends have of her are not overshadowed by this.

Sorry, but if all they want is to get her out of there, why is she still there?! This is maddening. At least they could be transparent about what it is they want here. They want to compel doctors to do procedures on her, even though she's deceased, so they either want doctors to make the dangerous decision to do medical procedures on someone declared dead or they want to change the definition of dead in accordance with their religious beliefs. JMO, IMO, all that.

:banghead:

She is brain dead which means she is legally dead. Insurance likely won't pay to maintain her on life support. What facility is going to take her? And it's actually very difficult to keep a brain dead body on life support. The body can get infections, sores, etc. A lot of care is involved.

Todays actions and ongoing actions from the attorney, have convinced me that none of this is about Jahi.

The numerous lies and games that have been played are reprehensible.

During this entire time, many have been affected by this preposterous display, led by a exploitive attorney, towing behind him, an individual that currently lacks the mental clarity, to make decisions for anyone or on any matter.

Due to a persons lack of mental clarity, I will not entertain certain accusations that have been stated about the hospital or staff, or the accuracy of events that took place after Jahi's surgery, as they have been portrayed to the media.

It's a sad day when the unstable and those out for money and fame, are allowed to create so much chaos, that effects so many lives.

It's possible, considering that it is still pending autopsy, right? Not sure on if it's been officially filed or not. And with Jahi's mother asking for the certificate for the child she insists is alive... well, who knows.

The office is only ten blocks from the Federal Courthouse, from what I saw online - for those of us wondering if there was time to go there today.

Maybe the conversation went something like this...

I heard that there is a death certificate for my daughter but she is still alive...

Well mam, if she is still alive, we don't issue death certificates for live people.

Maybe the conversation went something like this...

I heard that my there is a death certificate for my daughter but she is still alive...

Well mam, if she is still alive, we don't issue death certificates for live people.

That is exactly the way I'm hearing it in my head! Not trying to be funny, I'm so serious :scared:

Best-
Herding Cats

THANK YOU! These are the words I couldn't find! Beyond anything else, I hope she is with her maker, and (again hoping) whispering in her mother's ear to let her earthly body go.

EXTRACTION? what a strange term for the family attorney to use. Her extraction?

IMO, this was a carefully chosen, very loaded word by the family's attorney.

He is using it to appear to be objective, as though it's just a synonym for 'removing', like 'transferring' or 'conveying' or 'transporting'.

'Extracting' has much nastier connotations and denotations as it is frequently used in military operations.

I believe that the attny chose it to heighten the impression that the hospital has been holding this child hostage. IMO, he also chose it to imply that the child is living and that her family are warriors, coming to rescue her and who are in danger of being attacked themselves. .

Here is the definition from Wikipedia. I hope that WS members with a background in the armed services or similar situations could give a more extensive context within which to put this classic bit of baiting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraction_(military)
"..In military tactics, extraction (also exfiltration or exfil), is the process of removing personnel when it is considered imperative that they be immediately relocated out of a hostile environment and taken to a secure area.
There are primarily two kinds of extraction:
Hostile: The subject involved is unwilling and is being moved by forceful coercion with the expectation of resistance. Essentially, it is kidnapping by military or intelligence forces.
Friendly: The subject involved is willing and is expected to cooperate with the personnel in the operation..."

So, IMO, this attorney is carefully building a strawman fallacy. He is willfully constructing a distorted version of the hospital's official position. By using this word with all its connotations, he is misrepresenting the position of every single security officer, medical student, volunteer, orderly, nurses' aide, LPN, RPN, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, technician, counsellor, Psychiatrist, intern, resident, physician and surgeon who practices in CHO. IMO, he is casting them all as the dangerous and corrupt "other", components of his adversary: CHO. As I see it, in his little story, they are obstacles who WANT Jahi to be dead and have therefore obstructed efforts to take Jahi from CHO to another place that will care for her. The attny's choice of word implies that all those professionals, whose training is to assist those in need, may interfere with the team that comes to physically put Jahi on a gurney and carry her to whatever place the family's advisors has found.

CHO is not a daycare where you can just roll up and show your ID and pick up your child. The hospital has to meet federal and state requirements in all its functions, and the transfer of a patient from CHO to another institution has to be made in compliance with all those regulations.The hospital is not being hostile when they ask for information, and, my guess, verification of that information. It may be difficult to come up with that information, JMO, if the facility is under construction and the staff are not yet in place. If the family wants to take Jahi home, as has been pointed out up-thread, that is another situation entirely.

IMO this choice of word has been made with malicious intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member