Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent some time with a friend over the holidays and she was total in the dark about all of the information on this case. She said that what I told her was not on the news. That it is being reported as if the child is alive and the hospital is wanting to end her life.

Last evening a friend of my husband stopped by and he was also very surprised by what is happening and is under the impression that there is hope by the news reports.

These are local news stations that are playing down the facts of the case. This is in the bal'more area. lol Yeah lots of folks in the area don't think there's a ti in that wrod. lol it's a local thing.

I know its a faint hope but mom seems to believe she can respond, and it seems they haven't done the one test that directly tests that in a way that mom can see her baby isn't answering her questions. She could be there to ask her directly. However if they don't have an fmri scan on board, it probably means the hospital doesn't have one which would mean transfer to another hospital for the test and include a breathing tube etc.

The mom believes she is brain dead and doesn't care. She STILL thinks she'll be fine. Imo, her family needs to get her the mental health help she needs. Children's has gone above and beyond wrt a family member who is not their patient. jmo

Mother said she thinks that God will spark Jahi's brain "awake." I have no idea why Jahi needs to be on ventillator for that. Like somebody else stated, that is expecting resurection, not recovery.
Also the family will need to get her out of the hospital by Tuesday.
Or hospital can turn the ventillator off.

I spent some time with a friend over the holidays and she was total in the dark about all of the information on this case. She said that what I told her was not on the news. That it is being reported as if the child is alive and the hospital is wanting to end her life.

Last evening a friend of my husband stopped by and he was also very surprised by what is happening and is under the impression that there is hope by the news reports.

These are local news stations that are playing down the facts of the case. This is in the bal'more area. lol Yeah lots of folks in the area don't think there's a ti in that wrod. lol it's a local thing.

I can see them being in the dark. The media certainly isn't helping. Especially when they entertain Terry Schiavo's family, refer to her as being in a coma, or vegetative state. All very deceiving.

Never heard the "Bal'more" area thing before...... :giggle:

Under the agreement, Jahi's mother, Nailah Winkfield, is "wholly and exclusively responsible for Jahi McMath the moment custody is transferred in the hospital's pediatric intensive care unit and acknowledge(s) that she understands that the transfer and subsequent transport could impact the condition of the body, including causing cardiac arrest."

The transport team will transfer Jahi's endotracheal tube from the hospital's ventilator to a new one, along with her IV and other fluids so that she can continue to breathe.

Now, under the agreement, the hospital will allow workers to enter its premises and remove Jahi without contact from a facility that would receive her.

Dolan said he would not discuss details about where or when Jahi will be moved but said that a doctor would perform any necessary surgical procedures at an undisclosed facility.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Hospital-agrees-to-let-Jahi-McMath-family-take-5111584.php

Under the agreement, Jahi's mother, Nailah Winkfield, is "wholly and exclusively responsible for Jahi McMath the moment custody is transferred in the hospital's pediatric intensive care unit and acknowledge(s) that she understands that the transfer and subsequent transport could impact the condition of the body, including causing cardiac arrest."

The transport team will transfer Jahi's endotracheal tube from the hospital's ventilator to a new one, along with her IV and other fluids so that she can continue to breathe.

Now, under the agreement, the hospital will allow workers to enter its premises and remove Jahi without contact from a facility that would receive her.

Dolan said he would not discuss details about where or when Jahi will be moved but said that a doctor would perform any necessary surgical procedures at an undisclosed facility.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Hospital-agrees-to-let-Jahi-McMath-family-take-5111584.php

I suppose that won't be done until he fills out the paperwork at the Coroner's Office. AFTER he does that he can take her where they want. This poor child. :cry: Weekend at Bernie's indeed. :snooty:

Dolan also said Alameda County Coroner’s Office will be involved

“The hospital will give Jahi to the coroner,” Dolan said. "The coroner will then, if we fill out certain paperwork, give Jahi to us. Then we are free to transport Jahi.”

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...ospital/nccK5/

Supposedly Dolan gave the judge information (name? address? letter?) from a facility that would take Jahi. If this turns out to be false, then can Dolan be charged with contempt of court?

There is a report on one of the local stations that the mother is seeking an extension of the TRO beyond Jan 7. Which, once again, sounds like there is no facility and there is no doctor, as Dolan has stated to the judge.

Do you believe the mother really believes that this poor girl can come back to life <modsnip>?

I suppose that won't be done until he fills out the paperwork at the Coroner's Office. AFTER he does that he can take her where they want. This poor child. :cry: Weekend at Bernie's indeed. :snooty:

Dolan also said Alameda County Coroner’s Office will be involved

“The hospital will give Jahi to the coroner,” Dolan said. "The coroner will then, if we fill out certain paperwork, give Jahi to us. Then we are free to transport Jahi.”

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...ospital/nccK5/

What is this word, if? Why would there be a if?

Upthread, there was a link to California coroner statutes where there is a way that a family can claim the remains to other than a funeral home. I wonder if this is the paperwork he is talking about.

Of course, this will mean the mother probably has to sign off for her deceased daughter's "remains". Once she does that, I can't see how any licensed medical facility or licensed physician can perform the surgeries needed for the ventilator or G-tube. It would be against the law in all 50 states as abuse of a corpse.

I wonder if Dolan thinks a mortuary is going to be used to do these surgeries? They must have laws about this sort of stuff, too.

Do you believe the mother really believes that this poor girl can come back to life <modsnip>?

Welcome to websleuths!

I am not sure what the next move will be, I think we are still in check, mate. :seeya:

Supposedly Dolan gave the judge information (name? address? letter?) from a facility that would take Jahi. If this turns out to be false, then can Dolan be charged with contempt of court?

There is a report on one of the local stations that the mother is seeking an extension of the TRO beyond Jan 7. Which, once again, sounds like there is no facility and there is no doctor, as Dolan has stated to the judge.

If he can tell it to the judge why is it so important that the facility does not have to communicate with the hospital?

Contempt usually involves doing/not doing something you've been ordered by the court to do/not do. So not sure it would be contempt. Depending on what exactly was provided to the Judge on what pretext, it could be an ethical violation -- at least failing to deal with candor to the tribunal. If he submitted a false document, that for sure would do it and would be serious if proven, imo. Less than that, he could probably wiggle out of it. Imo, lawyers are given way too much leeway most of the time in the name of "zealous advocacy." Iirc, I think I've read that some jurisdictions are changing their ethics rules on exactly what that requires to try to rein in the idea that all's fair in litigation. jmo

What is this word, if? Why would there be a if?

"if"
Probably because signing the documents for the release of her remains makes it clear to everyone that Jahi is legally dead. Dolan and his team are probably researching all the consequences of that. Meaning no licensed care facility or licensed physician will be able to do any surgeries without violating the law about abuse of a corpse. It closes many doors and options that the McMath and Dolan group are trying to explore, still.

I fully expect there will be some story as to why the coroner release of remains cannot be signed.

I do not believe they actually have a healthcare facility or physician lined up. I think it's all still a big show.

Dolan has given CHO a huge victory and he might be backing himself into a corner. What was CHO's big dilemma now becomes his. I can see more and more petitions to extend the TRO. Dolan loses a big hand once Jahi leaves CHO under the conditions the mother agreed to.

:greetings:

:welcome6:

:sigh: Sadly, I do believe this is the case. Jahi hasn't been considered in any of this mess. A sad, sad shame. IMO

If he can tell it to the judge why is it so important that the facility does not have to communicate with the hospital?

From what I gather, he doesn't like the way the hospital would clearly communicate to another facility exactly what they would be doing if they agreed to this. jmo

From what I gather, he doesn't like the way the hospital would clearly communicate to another facility exactly what they would be doing if they agreed to this. jmo

Which is exactly what they are required to do by JCAHO standards and state law.

:greetings:

:welcome6:

:sigh: Sadly, I do believe this is the case. Jahi hasn't been considered in any of this mess. A sad, sad shame. IMO

Thank you. I just feel if it was one of my kids I wouldn't play god. It would be the most terrible thing I could imagine going through I am sure or it. But I would disconnect her and if she contiued to thrive without life support I would laugh in the Drs faces. If not she would be at peace <modsnip>. It's so sad. I feel terrible I have sympathy for the family because they are losing a child but at the same time I just really question their motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro