Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched the thread- and nothing came up- please ignore if a double: bbm

The family is now relieved she is in a facility “where’s she’s going to be treated like the innocent little girl that she is, and not like a deceased body as Children’s Hospital has been treating her,” Dolan said.

Jahi was being assessed for the first time, he added, and will be stabilized before any additional operations are performed.
“These people have been very welcoming with open arms. They have beliefs like ours, they believe what we believe," said Jahi's uncle, Omari Sealey.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...n-dead-20140106,0,5200263.story#ixzz2pfVachHT

I do hope the hospital can give their documented version of the events from the surgery, postop to her care after brain death. Right now all we have is the family and the attorney of how everything transpired. I am afraid it will be settled out of court with a big check but the impression left on the public that this is a hospital that is risky and will not attempt life saving methods when needed.

The comments of letting her bleed all day without attending to her, giving her buckets to bleed in and not calling the surgeon, etc. If you take everything the family and attorney say at face value you would be ready to close the doors of CHO.

I do hope the hospital can give their documented version of the events from the surgery, postop to her care after brain death. Right now all we have is the family and the attorney of how everything transpired.

The comments of letting her bleed all daywithout attending to her, giving her buckets to bleed in and not calling the surgeon, etc. If you take everything the family and attorney say at face value you would be ready to close the doors of CHO.

Exactly right. I cannot believe what they say anymore than I could believe my ex-husband when we swore he was not cheating.

I do hope the hospital can give their documented version of the events from the surgery, postop to her care after brain death. Right now all we have is the family and the attorney of how everything transpired.

The comments of letting her bleed all day without attending to her, giving her buckets to bleed in and not calling the surgeon, etc. If you take everything the family and attorney say at face value you would be ready to close the doors of CHO.

Until they have a child that needs the services of the good doctors and nurses that work there. They won't need them until they need them and others may not be available with the new health care laws.

I do hope the hospital can give their documented version of the events from the surgery, postop to her care after brain death. Right now all we have is the family and the attorney of how everything transpired. I am afraid it will be settled out of court with a big check but the impression left on the public that this is a hospital that is risky and will not attempt life saving methods when needed.

The family and lawyer are today claiming that the deceased is squeezing the hands of others, smiling and responding to voices. This cannot be true. They are perpetrating a lie, so it's difficult to believe other remarks.

At the family's East Oakland home Monday afternoon, Jahi's stepfather, Martin Winkfield, said he was getting ready to catch a flight out of town -- he did not say where -- to see his wife and stepdaughter. He said only that he'd be gone for an indefinite period of time.

But at the New Beginnings Community Center in Medford, N.Y. on Monday, there was little to indicate Jahi had been moved there for treatment overnight.

Office workers rushed a reporter out of the building quickly after arriving and refused to answer questions about whether the brain-dead girl was at the facility.

An employee who would not give her name acknowledged that the treatment center was one of several locations that could have accepted Jahi.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...mcmath-brain-dead-girl-moved-undisclosed-care

giving her buckets to bleed in.

What hospital would give a patient a bucket to bleed it....That in of itself sounds absurd to me....I was watching JVM, why cant these journalist get their facts straight.............:twocents:

I wasn't sure if a transcript was available for the raw footage referenced yesterday in the last thread so I made one. I hope this may be of some help.
If this is outside what is allowed, could mods please snip.

#############################

McMath Vigil: Raw video of Jahi McMath's mother's comments to reporters
Tuesday

Speakers: NW (Nailah Winkfield) UR (Unidentified Reporter) OS (Omari Sealey)

NW: I axed them last night could they just run another test on her. And um

UR: And right now you're…

NW: And there's no, to me there's no limit. There's no law that says that you can only do a limit of two. I asked him did the man "do you have children?" He said yes. I said then you're gonna want somebody to run an extra test on your child to make sure they have brain activity to make sure that they have a chance to still live. And um so they just ran the test on her. They said they'll get back to us um. They said fairly soon but they didn't give us a time so we're just waitin' to see what they have to say and I'm just hoping for the best because I'm not it's like I'm racing with test results in the coroner's office and I just don't think I'll be able to just sit here and just let them take her like that. I'm her mother so I will fight for her to the end so I don't, I just don't want them to come and I want her on as long as possible 'cause I really believe that God will make her well. That's all I can, 'cause I really believe as a mother, and that's my hopes and my dreams that. Just give her some time. It's only been a week. She's been through a lot. She's alre-she's had a heart attack and everything. Thank you Childrens' Hospital for just ruining my child's life and my life. And I just want them--I feel like they owe her. They owe her another change [chance?]. And so why are they trying to rush her because they want the bed space because this, it's cheaper for them to just get ridda her. It is. It's cheaper for them to get ridda her because her livin' is killing their bills, and that's the way I see it. You let her live, it's killing your bills because you gotta have all these nurses, all this PGD, all this technology, all of this stuff. It's killing your bills just to let her live. Which is unfair 'cause she's human. And I knows it's just a business, but I know that's my child in there. That's my heart. That's my life. So, I'm just askin' everybody to just keep trying prayer and if you can reach out to just anybody who knows anything about what other ways that I can keep her on because I know that their gonna try to--they always try to go a different route. When we, when we ask them something else they go a different route. And I want to keep her on and I will not give up on my daughter. She will stay on.

UR: Have you thought of outside investigation? Maybe your own expert to look at her?

NW: Um. I've been contacting her doctor, um I haven't heard from her this morning. But we definitely, I want a second opinion because everybody in here is gonna cover up because they all work together. This is their hospital, so I know they're gonna try to cover up something in there 'cause something definitely happened wrong to my child in there. I seen it with my own eyes I understand surgeries go wrong sometimes but the things that I seen with my child and all the blood that came our of her nose and her, her mouth. My child suffered dearly it was not an easy thing for her. I know that is not normal, and so I definitely want to find somebody else and get a second opinion because I just feel like they're gonna try to cover it up 'cause they all work together I tried to go get her medical records yesterday. They definitely wouldn't give me those and I really, I want those. I'm entitled to those. I'm her mother and they, first they, first they were really nice about it when I went there. It was like, Oh yeah, let, let's see. And then when they read her name and started reading and I don't know what they was reading on the computer, another lady stood up and stood behind the other lady and looked and was like "Oh no, you can't have these 'cause she's still admitted. We only can give you medical records if she is released and she's not admitted." I said "Well, you said that she's dead right? If she's dead, why you can't give me her medical records?" "Oh no, can't give them to you and when we do finally give them to you looks like ten days and…" I already knew that that part would start um it seemed like I've never had a problem getting' medical records for my children before, but now, after this incident, now it's a issue why I can't get my child's medical records so I just feel like I'm, I'm stuck because it's just me and it's against them.

UR: Now, ma'am, you've begged for one final brain scan.

NW: I did.

UR: Did they give it this morning, and what were the results?

NW: We haven't got the results yet. We have not got the results yet, and I'm waitin'. I'm hopin'. I'm praying that something will show and even if it don't show I still feel ilke she needs more time so I'm gonna be fighting for that. Even if the results don't come back right, I don't care. Give her more time. We don't know what may happen two weeks from now. Like I said, it has only been a week and I feel like something good is gonna happen to my daughter.

UR: You said you can't believe they're in such a hurry to take her off life support?

NW: No. I can't believe it, but I can understand it. Like I said, it's killin' their money to keep her alive. Killin' them to keep Jahi alive. It's sad and it sickens my stomach that that's my child in there, but I look and I see. And when I go in there and I touch her, she's, she's not dead to me. She's warm. I kiss her. She, she has a heart beat. She has a pulse. It's not the machine that's doin' that for her. She has her own pulse, her own heartbeat. But they say she don't have a brain stem and that's what makes you dead. But I feel that anything with a heart and her own pulse that is living. She's, like I say, she's warm and I can feel, I can feel her. I can feel my daughter. I kinda feel like she's trapped inside her own body and she, she wants to scream out and tell me somethin'. That's why every time I go in there, I let her know that I will not let them take you to a coroner's office, child, I won't. 'Cause I believe she can hear everything that's goin' on around and if she knew how much media attention she had right now, she'd be so embarrassed 'cause she's very shy. She would, she would not like this. She would not like this. She's very humble. But I will do whatever, even after this, the test, I'm not going to stop. She's not comin' off. I feel like when her heart stops on its own and her pulse stops on its own, then I'll be able to live with that and say that's what she wanted. That's what God wanted. That's what's meant to be. But until her heart stops, no, I'm not lettin' them take my child off that [vent?]

UR: Have you brought in a third party doctor to look at the results? (Cross chatter)

NW: (to OS) Didn't you try to contact the mayor?

OS: Yeah. I tried to call the mayor a couple of times last night. She hasn't returned my calls. But my phone has been going off all night, and I, I'm gonna be going through my messages here in a minute to see if she did return my call. So Mary-Jean Kwan, that 510-499 number that kept calling you last night, that text message you got from me last night, that was me calling. Um, also I am working on something as well this morning that hopefully could prevent the coroner from coming regardless of what the results are. Um, and it is, it's a business. The reason they want her off is it's the difference between a three, a thirty million dollar lawsuit and a $250,000.00 lawsuit. With limited damages the most you can get for a child is $250,000.00 and they know that. But there's unlimited damages that you can get thirty million dollars for. And the unlimited damages are for the economic costs of keeping someone alive. That's why they want her off.

NW: And I don't care.

OS: And this is the difference between chump change, $250,000, and thirty million dollars. That's what, that's what this really is about.

NW: And with me, it's about keepin' her on. I don't want no, no money. I want my child's life. That's all I want. 'Cause I want her to wake up. I could care less about money. Now, my only focus is her, and gettin' her, and gettin' up. 'Cause when I tell you, I walked my child in here. I walked her in here, she was happy. She was nervous about surgery. I promised her she would be OK. I reassured her and her surgeon axed her "What's your worst fear", and she said "Not wakin' up." And he said, "Oh don't worry, you'll wake up." And now I'm lookin', at my child's worst fear every day when I walk in there. I haven't been home since Monday, December 9th. I'm just livin' in Childrens' Hospital. They were lucky. They were actually half-way nice to us yesterday, and let us sleep somewhere else besides asleep in chairs all around the hospital. Um, but I refused to leave because I don't trust this place, and I want to make sure that nobody accidentally does anything to make my child's heart stop beating. So we got going sitting with her 24 hours of every day. We take shifts as a family. Everybody sits with her.

UR: Marvin had also mentioned about possibly going to another hospital. Has that been in consideration? Have you guys contacted another hospital?

NW: Well the problem is, is they told us since she's a coroner's case her only room she can go to is the coroner's office. I woulda loved to take her outa here and bring her somewhere else but they say you can't take her nowhere else 'cause she's a coroner's case and I just don't understand how something so warm, with a heartbeat and a pulse is so pretty. 'Cause she just so beautiful and she just looks like she's asleep and I can feel her chest and I can hear her heartbeat. How can that be a coroner's case? Like it just, it makes me sick to my stomach 'cause when they talk about my child with no compassion. And I'm like this is Childrens' Hospital. You should just have the utmost compassion for me, especially in ICU.

#############################

This is my transcript of the footage, so any mistakes are ones I have made.
It is not official.
If an official one is available, please let me know and I will remove this one.

The family and lawyer are today claiming that the deceased is squeezing the hands of others, smiling and responding to voices. This cannot be true. They are perpetrating a lie, so it's difficult to believe other remarks.

This is just icky.

Squeezing hands? I wonder if any of the hand squeezers have noticed that her body temperature is low and she feels cool.

Hard to understand how she would respond to voices when the auditory cortex is in a soup-like condition and there is no brain to recognize sound or any neuronal integrity to intiate motor neurons.

What hospital would give a patient a bucket to bleed it....That in of itself sounds absurd to me....I was watching JMV, why cant these journalist get their facts straight.............:twocents:

In the ER, we would use wash basins for patients to throw up in, which are larger than the emesis (kidney shaped) basins. Maybe that is the bucket they are referring to?

What hospital would give a patient a bucket to bleed it....That in of itself sounds absurd to me....I was watching JMV, why cant these journalist get their facts straight.............:twocents:

I doubt they would. one of the many lies being told by the family.

:banghead:

The grandmother should at least be able to accurately use the term "emesis basin". I'm quite sure the medical record will document that.

Who gets billed if all this has been court ordered. Do we know if the family had insurance to begin with?

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying or maybe I'm not being specific enough.

If her body is transported to a facility that provides rehabilitation in various forms and there are doctors orders for this rehab, then they can bill the insurance for her care and all the necessary supplies, med, etc. They see her as they see others they treat and that is that she is in a coma or vegetative state, although she is really deceased.

I imagine they would apply for medicaid in NY.

I'm not really sure how long they can sustain her heart though, so this may all just be discussion for the next case.

Jahi is not responding to voices, squeezing hands ect.

These people are SO freakin' delusional.

If Jahi is at the point of deterioration (seems she has been for weeks), wouldn't the tissue around the heart and lungs also be deteriorating? :waitasec:

From trailer, seems like she's going with the family information.

Anyone know how I can watch NG live online for free? lol I was watching JVM and it swtiched to the food network!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro