Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the caring and compassion is still there for the mother and siblings of Jahi for me. If I feel it changing, I hope I will try and bring myself back to that spot of understanding their trauma and loss. I try and think of it separately from their actions. I also try and remember that there are lots and lots of those out there that have basically sworn to them that the doctors are wrong.

There are millions of people in this world and I shouldn't be surprised that they have found enablers, but that is what I find to be frustrating.

I am not a big fan of "enabling" and have never seen anything good come from it.

Is it called "enabling" when it's a common occurrence to dress up the dead in nice clothes, throw make up on, make them "look good" and put them on display for all their loved ones to see? As in a "Wake or Viewing"

Both situations, Jahi's and the commonly accepted funeral. IMO are not for me. I wouldn't have either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think supporting what's going on in this the opposite of compassion under the circumstances. Honestly. I do. Which is not to say that people who are supporting her are not compassionate people, in general. I think a lot of them have really just lost the forest for the trees -- in a BIG way! jmo

The family is sorely misguided. Shame on those who are encouraging them in this direction. :moo:

Is it called "enabling" when it's a common occurrence to dress up the dead in nice clothes, throw make up on, make them "look good" and put them on display for all their loved ones to see? As in a "Wake or Viewing"

Both situations, Jahi's and the commonly accepted funeral. IMO are not for me. I wouldn't have either.

Presenting the deceased for viewing is a ritual prior to burial or cremation. It's when people say their goodbyes.

I don't see any comparison in the two. This is like the exact opposite to me. Feeding a corpse and watching what will happen ???

Ok, I stand corrected...the PARENTS of that fetus have the rights to make medical decisions regarding the fetus. Parents make medical decisions and because the mother clearly isn't able to, the father/family is deemed responsible for those decisions. The approvals were given to sustain the mothers body in an attempt to save the fetus.

I have to assume the family had "nothing to lose" by attempting to save that baby. The mother is already "gone" and they know it. They likely figured they would at least TRY to save that baby if it was at all medically possible - so they opted to.

My point being that they attempted to save a life that hadn't been declared dead. That is the difference.

No approvals were given. Her husband lost the right.

Even if she had a written directive...the law in the state of Texas supersedes it.

:doh:

This poor girl was asked to make that twitter posting by her mother. I hope she is able to handle what comes with that.
BBM

Softail

Respectfully disagreeing that Jahi's mom requested Jahi's sister send that.

Judging by style, tone, grammar, spelling of Instagram (vs her tweets),
I'm almost convinced that Dolan and crew ghostwrote that for sister to send.

JM2cts and I could be wrong. :seeya:

There is a difference between being alive and existing, I 'm not sure you could say Jahi is existing in the true sense of the word.....I guess I just dont understand this mother's willingness to think because she says she isnt dead, its okay for her to lay there day after day, just so she doesnt have to deal with her dying.......Her presence is gone, holding on to her body will not change that.......

Presenting the deceased for viewing is a ritual prior to burial or cremation. It's when people say their goodbyes.

I don't see any comparison in the two. This is like the exact opposite to me. Feeding a corpse and watching what will happen ???

Same to me.

Dressing up a corpse to say "good-bye ....to a corpse"?

IMO it's the same. A funeral is for the living, not the dead. Just as this is for her mother. It's an expensive waste of time for the comfort and peace for the living loved ones.

Death used to mean when the heart stopped beating too.

Since when was it commonly accepted that prayers are useless and miracles are impossible?
Seems many want her religious leader to get that through her head.

I never said prayers were useless and miracles didnt happen.......Not what I said.......

Same to me.

Dressing up a corpse to say "good-bye ....to a corpse"?

IMO it's the same. A funeral is for the living, not the dead. Just as this is for her mother. It's an expensive waste of time for the comfort and peace for the living loved ones.

Death used to mean when the heart stopped beating too.

Since when was it commonly accepted that prayers are useless and miracles are impossible?
Seems many want her religious leader to get that through her head.

Back when they didn't have ventillators to plug a brain dead person into, death used to mean when the heart stopped beating. Because it would have stopped beating after brain died if she wasn't plugged in.

I never said prayers were useless and miracles didnt happen.......Not what I said.......

Sorry, I didn't mean you specifically.

I don't believe in either one, but I thought... I was in the minority. Who knew?

Back when they didn't have ventillators to plug a brain dead person into, death used to mean when the heart stopped beating. Because it would have stopped beating after brain died if she wasn't plugged in.

So why the need to dress up the corpse and place it on display?
It's disgusting and beyond morbid to me personally.

But ....BUT....I do respect other peoples reasoning and illogical need to do it.

So why the need to dress up the corpse and place it on display?
It's disgusting and beyond morbid to me personally.

But ....BUT....I do respect other peoples reasoning and illogical need to do it.

Sorry to quote myself...

I'm not knocking anyone... I do my own illlogical death ritual of lovingly wrapping my deceased pets in something really nice, placing them in a box and burying them.

"She went in for simple tonsillectomy and ended up on life support," the email said. "If kids injured by medical negligence die, the most their families can recover is $250,000 ... If children who are victims of medical negligence live, hospitals are on the hook for medical bills for life, which could be millions."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/group-brain-dead-teen-fundraising-tool-21467268

Both statements are true. ...
Well not the tonsil thing but in essence.. Both are true.

Not sure if this is posted already. If so, let me know and I'll delete.

TODAY at 5:20 EST on Ave Maria Radio there will be a discussion/debate

Dr. Paul Byrne v. John Haas

John Haas is the director of the National Catholic Bioethics Centre.

Centre spokesman, John diCamillo, said that "medical doctors have the competence to determine death, as long as they do it in a rigorous fashion. That is legitimate with the Catholic church." (http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-Jahi-McMath-With-Jesus-Christ-239314591.html)

According to what I read at the Ave Maria Radio site, it should be possible to hear the discussion live later today.
http://avemariaradio.net/resources/archives/

Dr. Paul Byrne's views regarding Jahi McMath's status as to living or deceased can be found at http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-Jahi-McMath-With-Jesus-Christ-239314591.html

Obviously, there are differences of opinion within the Catholic church as well as within the general population. The last paragraph of the nbc article says:

"The Catholic Church does not believe there can be any opposition between faith and science since both are gifts from God, the source of all truth."

It could be an interesting discussion. It looks as though there may be a posting in the archives of AMR later this evening.

Both statements are true. ...
Well not the tonsil thing but in essence.. Both are true.

It certainly creates an insentive to keep a dead person "alive," does it not?

Does the court know where Jahis body is? And if she is moved again do they have to notify the court of that? I guess I'm worried there is no proper oversight as to what is happening with Jahis body. Do they have to keep the coroner on the loop? Sounds like the actually found someone to do SURGERY on a dead body. Can they just find random people to continue running experiments on the corpse of this poor girl?

It certainly creates an insentive to keep a dead person "alive," does it not?

Or dead...

depends on which side you find yourself on.

I think people are headline readers and do not click on or read beyond. They will see tabloids this week and read the latest "Jahi McMath in Very Bad Shape After Weeks of Starvation and Neglect" and form an opinion. If the talking heads only see the headlines and don't do research surely much of the public does the same. 140 characters or less to tell the story. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18