Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dolan says that he approached the family.

That is about 180 degrees different from Uncle Omari's version of it.

I thought there was some sort of prohibition about attorneys approaching clients like this.

There were, I believe, six different pediatric neurologists who confirmed Jahi was indeed brain dead. Three were independent.

It is sad that her mother has had such a break from reality and is treading so lightly upon this earth. Jahi is decomposing and no amount of love is going to stop that.

Every step of the way her beliefs are being reinforced. It's very very sad.

I don't believe shes decomposing like you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a link for this as i have professionally seen it happen eta patient in same situation on ls

Yep. It's about the 5th thread down here in Up to the Minute. I'm having lots of connection issues...or I'd actually link it for you..tried twice & failed.

Every step of the way her beliefs are being reinforced. It's very very sad.

I don't believe shes decomposing like you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen the medical document? She cannot even regulate her own body temp at thus point. I would go into more but really it just all ads up to what is happening here.

Have you seen the medical document? She cannot even regulate her own body temp at thus point. I would go into more but really it just all ads up to what is happening here.

I know.

People in comas & incomplete brain death can show the same.

Don't get me wrong...IMO she isn't going to last long. I'm not saying there is hope of any sort of recovery. It's all downhill from here. If I was in her mothers place, I'd have let her go long ago.

Her mother believes she's not really totally and completely dead yet.

And?
By the way if the woman is brain dead the law might not even apply because she is legally dead then.
Husband could go to court and argue that. But he hasn't.
I am not even sure if this woman is actually brain dead. Hospital hasn't said anything about her diagnosis, and many in the media don't seem to have a clue what the difference is between being in a coma and being braind dead.

So, how do you feel about this, as opposed to Jahi's case? They seem quite different to me.

How do I feel about it personally? I think it should be up to her husband and family. I think her wishes too should be considered.

Either she's a corpse and unhook her already...like most on this thread want in this case.

Or she's not.

Can't have it both ways.

Then we get into another whole issue of "when does life begin"? And what rights does a fetus have? And when exactly?
If the government can make laws and give rights to fetuses...well..that's another whole scary can of worms, isn't it?

How do I feel about it personally? I think it should be up to her husband and family. I think her wishes too should be considered.

Either she's a corpse and unhook her already...like most on this thread want in this case.

Or she's not.

Can't have it both ways.

Then we get into another whole issue of "when does life begin"? And what rights does a fetus have? And when exactly?
If the government can make laws and give rights to fetuses...well..that's another whole scary can of worms, isn't it?

She's a corpse, the baby isn't. They're keeping the baby alive, not the deceased mother. Totally different situation. I'm not sure if Texas is one of the states that recognizes the killing of an unborn child as a separate crime, but if it does, that's even more reason why they would keep the body on the machines -- which are what is keeping the baby alive -- not the mother.

jmo

And?
By the way if the woman is brain dead the law might not even apply because she is legally dead then.
Husband could go to court and argue that. But he hasn't.
I am not even sure if this woman is actually brain dead. Hospital hasn't said anything about her diagnosis, and many in the media don't seem to have a clue what the difference is between being in a coma and being braind dead.
I'm sure he's in his own personal hell and I am not in a position to make a judgement about his desire to go to court or not. Iirc he said she was brain dead. I have no reason to believe he's lying. I think he's in the best position to know, given his medical training and it is his wife.

She's a corpse, the baby isn't. They're keeping the baby alive, not the deceased mother. Totally different situation. I'm not sure if Texas is one of the states that recognizes the killing of an unborn child as a separate crime, but if it does, that's even more reason why they would keep the body on the machines -- which are what is keeping the baby alive -- not the mother.

jmo

What if she was impregnated as a consequence of a rape, and her family was absolutely against it?

jmo

Well that's one way to look at it I suppose.

If the mother wasn't keeping the baby alive too, they could simply remove the baby and hook it to a machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee