Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope ppl understand the difference between -
- many tests for determining brain death on Jahi, as conducted by multiple licensed neurologists, including a ct-sanctioned/appted neurologist
vs
- the pulse check done by elected county official, apparently non-medically trained, who then declared a 78 y/o hospice patient dead.

Not apples and oranges, more like cucumbers and kumquats comparison.
This is why coroners should be required to have medical training, not just be elected.

This is why coroners should be required to have medical training, not just be elected.

---------
Wolfie, this is unbelieveable! how could he be a coroner and not a Doctor? I believe you but that seems impossible. How can he do an autopsy!! I didnt pay attention but will check where this happened.. sounds like back woods. I dont think I'd look forward to medical care there. :seeya:

---------
Wolfie, this is unbelieveable! how could he be a coroner and not a Doctor? I believe you but that seems impossible. How can he do an autopsy!! I didnt pay attention but will check where this happened.. sounds like back woods. I dont think I'd look forward to medical care there. :seeya:

I expect the coroner has medical examiners or pathologists perform the autopsies for him.

---------

It's pretty common. As another person said, usually they have medical examiners to do the autopsies, but it doesn't appear that happened in this case. Here's a link. http://www.npr.org/2013/11/03/242416701/run-for-coroner-no-medical-training-necessary

I cannot believe the parents are still keeping her body alive by machines all these months later. :(

Thanks a lot, AOL, for perpetuating the notion that brain death is survivable. On the front page, this is the title of the link which takes you to the story:

"Family didn't give up on brain dead teen." Under that, the following:

"Doctors said Lexi had a 5 percent chance of survival -- but she proved everyone wrong.
What seemed to bring her out of coma."

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl4|sec1_lnk3&pLid=452329

Banging head repeatedly against laptop keyboard.

Thanks a lot, AOL, for perpetuating the notion that brain death is survivable. On the front page, this is the title of the link which takes you to the story:

"Family didn't give up on brain dead teen." Under that, the following:

"Doctors said Lexi had a 5 percent chance of survival -- but she proved everyone wrong.
What seemed to bring her out of coma."

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl4|sec1_lnk3&pLid=452329

Banging head repeatedly against laptop keyboard.

I'd bet her parents were asked to donate her organs, had they agreed...they would have been removed. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd bet her parents were asked to donate her organs, had they agreed...they would have been removed. IMO

I don't think she was ever eligible for organ donation. Clearly she was not brain dead if doctors gave her 5 % chance of survival. Brain dead persons have no chance of survival. They are already legally dead.

I don't think she was ever eligible for organ donation. Clearly she was not brain dead if doctors gave her 5 % chance of survival. Brain dead persons have no chance of survival. They are already legally dead.

You might want to research that a bit.

You might want to research that a bit.

????
Brain dead persons have no chance of survival and considered legally dead.
So if someone is given 5 % chance of survival they can not be brain dead.

????

I was speaking specifically of organ donation

My point was that you cannot use the words "brain dead," "coma" and "5% chance of survival" in the same sentence.

I think this is either bad reporting, the family got it confused, or the doctors are idiots.

Has anyone heard anything? If this were something I was contributing to I'd want some word about the girl. Anyone who just continues to give is a brick short of a load..I'll have to check one of the sites. I'm beginning to wonder if she is gone and buried. :facepalm::seeya:

My SIL may need his tonsils out. My DIL is freaking out because of this! :facepalm: I've been trying to assure her.... it's ok. This was an not normal.

Sad that this is still going on all these months later. I can't think of any worse fate than to be brain dead and have my body held hostage by people who refuse to let go and insist on keeping me in that hellish state, instead of releasing me from the nightmarish prison that my body and life support has become.

What a horrific existence. No cognitive ability, no hearing, unable to feel anything, just nothing, being tended to by strangers, having diapers changes, having strangers perform nursing tasks on my parts of me that I would prefer to be private. Why would anyone want their loved one to live for years like this. I just cannot understand it.

Hello!

I apologize for asking this, as I'm sure it's annoying as all get out...but I'm having eye issues and can't read for more than 1-2 minutes at a time. I am wayyyy behind on where things are at with this case. Can someone please give me the quick and dirty summary?

from the little I was able to read, is it suspected by some that she has in fact already passed?

Was there speculation about family setting up a fund for people to donate but belief that this was fraudulent in that she's secretly somewhere no longer on life-support and maybe even buried?

What was/is the contraversy re: the donation fund?....what's this about "refunds"?

Does anyone know where she is being ?cared for? Why is there speculation that she's not in any kind of proper healthcare facility but perhaps in a relative's home?

Thanks so much in advance.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/new...e-releases-report-childrens-hospital-oaklands

The report angered Christopher Dolan, Jahi's family attorney, who said the results illustrate why medical negligence lawsuits are necessary.

"The report is evidence of what the family has faced from day one, doctors covering for other doctors," Dolan said. "The family was not even interviewed, to my knowledge. How can a 13-year-old girl bleed to death in an ICU, and there is no evaluation or finding explaining that?"

"The report is evidence of what the family has faced from day one, doctors covering for other doctors," Dolan said. "The family was not even interviewed, to my knowledge. How can a 13-year-old girl bleed to death in an ICU, and there is no evaluation or finding explaining that?"

Wait, what? Didn't he file several court documents explaining that Jahi is alive, just disabled? Now he wants an explanation why she died in the ICU?

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_25332221/jahi-mcmath-state-releases-report-childrens-hospital-oaklands

The report can be read here.

????

She was declared brain dead by several top notch respected doctors. I am more than satisfied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1