Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SophieRose
Thx for link w Jahi's Mom's new letter w the following:

".... It is my belief that faith in God, your prayers, and the incredible kindness of good hearted medical professionals,
are the main reasons my daughter is alive today. ..."

Does this suggest these med profs have been/are pr oviding services to Jahi for free?
Or just that these med profs have been/are providing services, period, in these circumstances?

Just wondering.

If Med. profs. are providing "services" they are enabling the mother. What can they do? seriously what is being done? How much can one do for a dead person? Therapy? order IV's? from where? do suppliers know she is dead? I really wonder how they are pulling this off! She is not passing water normally, her body has shed her intestinal lining, bowels are no doubt just about gone. She cannot really eat.I wonder if she has upchucked (ran out) any food yet. It will. This gets me because it makes me question the asking for money! Surely this mother must know deep down the sweet child is dead. If not, she should be on meds..IMO..:seeya:

Oh, effing puhlease. Based on the grammar and punctuation, that letter was written by the lawyer. Not to mention that the word grateful is on the list of the 100 most missspelled words. You have to ask why she couldn't or wouldn't be allowed to write in her own words.

jmo

Oh, effing puhlease. Based on the grammar and punctuation, that letter was written by the lawyer. Not to mention that the word grateful is on the list of the 100 most missspelled words. You have to ask why she couldn't or wouldn't be allowed to write in her own words.

jmo

:floorlaugh: thanks wasn't enough. Your first sentence cracked me up.

BBM S...BM

I've not pd particular attn to tv coverage.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...elopmen/ndTtZ/
Is it poss that ktvu's coverage has been more sympathetic to Jahi & fam than other local stations or networks?
What about CNN or HLN w bigger audience for more crowdfunding $?

Just wondering.
:seeya:

I believe they are the first station to air their story iirc. I remember Uncle O calling out the other stations on twitter, I think, after this station interviewed him and agreed to air the story that night. jmo

I am just floored by the mother's denial. <modsnip>
But being an eternal optimist, I keep thinking what could the mother possibly be seeing that she could mistake as signs of "getting better?"
Could any of you shed some light on this?a

I removed some inappropriate posts. Everyone here cares about Jahi and most are frustrated with how events have developed but that does not give license to bashing the family. Our terms of service says otherwise...

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The typo cracked me up.

Hi Jax :seeya: I looked and looked for a typo, but I'm not seeing one. Can you point it out so I can fix it, please. Or maybe not, if it's that funny. :) I need to ask Mr. Dolan to ghost write my posts lol

Hi Jax :seeya: I looked and looked for a typo, but I'm not seeing one. Can you point it out so I can fix it, please. Or maybe not, if it's that funny. :) I need to ask Mr. Dolan to ghost write my posts lol

I think it's funny. Too many s's in misspelled.

I am just floored by the mother's denial. <modsnip>
But being an eternal optimist, I keep thinking what could the mother possibly be seeing that she could mistake as signs of "getting better?"
Could any of you shed some light on this?a

The mother wanted CHO to do certain things. She wanted Jahi's body treated like a organ donors or like they treat a pregnant brain dead body. She wanted the extraordinary care applied.

She insinuates in the letter that she is being treated better now, where she is at. I take that as "getting better" in other words the mother feels she is getting better treatment.

Funny. I looked it up first, too lol

I would not normally have mentioned it because I cannot spell worth a dern. But, for some reason, it struck me as funny. BTW, I had to look it up to just to make sure I was right. LOL

I would not normally have mentioned it because I cannot spell worth a dern. But, for some reason, it struck me as funny. BTW, I had to look it up to just to make sure I was right. LOL

Maybe because it's in a sentence talking about commonly "mispelled" word. omg :floorlaugh: I'm leaving it. It's funny.

I wonder if Jahi is getting close to a record for longest time a brain dead person kept alive on a ventilator? I know there are a few pregnant women that were kept alive for the sake of the fetus...but other than that...what is the longest?

There could be some interest in studying her body at this point since it is so unusual. Maybe that is how they are able to get the free medical care?

This story is so disturbing on so many levels..just wish it would end...when will it end?

Except Jahi is not alive and there isn't anything inside of her that can grow and be viable on its own (like a fetus that needs to incubate longer to be viable outside the womb). Turn off the machines and her heart will stop and she won't take in O2 on her own.

Since there have been cases where a pregnant woman was kept on a ventilator so the fetus could grow to the minimum viable time (maybe to 26 or 28 weeks?) there probably has been at least one case of someone whose been on a vent longer than Jahi. I would guess that once Jahi passes the 6 month mark, if she does, then she would be considered "longest brain dead person" on ventilator.

I can't imagine her body would stay on a vent longer than 1 year, but who knows...

I wonder if Jahi is getting close to a record for longest time a brain dead person kept alive on a ventilator? I know there are a few pregnant women that were kept alive for the sake of the fetus...but other than that...what is the longest?

There could be some interest in studying her body at this point since it is so unusual. Maybe that is how they are able to get the free medical care?

This story is so disturbing on so many levels..just wish it would end...when will it end?

The longest I have come across in my reading was 168 days, but there could be longer and I just haven't seen it.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/letter-jahi-mcmaths-mother-about-recent-developmen/ndTtZ/

This letter forwarded by Jahi's uncle Omari Sealy marks the first time in over a month KTVU has heard from Winkfield. She has declined to speak on camera, but has written an open letter addressing the difficulties she and her family have endured over the past month. She also notes that Jahi is not suffering and is surrounded by love.

In the article itself, it mentions the type of facility where she is located.

She has since been moved to a long-term care facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611