FBI seeks help identifying this window, duck & dolphin images

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I allowed to link a Reddit thread here? Some of the people on there have been doing some great work and have identified a few of the objects in the photos.

That's not a commercial window cling, it's home made. It's made by putting an image under plastic, then painting on the plastic with a kind of paint. When it dries it can be peeled off and applied to a window.

There's also a chance that the duck "stained glass" is a faux stained glass made in a similar fashion. Paint on framed glass, left to dry and not removed.

That's not a commercial window cling, it's home made. It's made by putting an image under plastic, then painting on the plastic with a kind of paint. When it dries it can be peeled off and applied to a window.

There's also a chance that the duck "stained glass" is a faux stained glass made in a similar fashion. Paint on framed glass, left to dry and not removed.

That sounds like a quite likely procedure. I've done smaller projects that way and they produce a very similar look.

Am I allowed to link a Reddit thread here? Some of the people on there have been doing some great work and have identified a few of the objects in the photos.
You could just tell us what they said maybe?

Here's an older version with more pics including a suspect.

FBI wants help identifying these places and things in photos

x22mn7l.jpg

Article from 2016:

"Initial videos of the unidentified male, John Doe 37, shown with a child were first recorded by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in June of 2014," according to the FBI.

Data in the video files indicate the recordings were produced in April 2012. Audio from the animated movie "The Land Before Time" can be heard in the background.

John Doe 37: Do you recognize this man seen in child *advertiser censored* video?

BBM.
That photo of the John Doe creeps me out so much! Nightmarish!

Hello, first post here so hopefully I’m doing this correctly.

IMO, this reminds me of an Italian restaurant/pizza parlor that I’ve visited on the gulf side of the Florida coast. To be clear, it doesn’t look like the exact restaurant I’ve been to, but every time I see this photo I’m reminded of that restaurant. The plant looks like it could be some sort of bamboo? Or maybe some sort of tropical plant. Neither of the stained glass images appear to be actual stained glass. I agree that they appear to be some sort of window cling. I know that it’s common to spot dolphins on the gulf coast as well.

Although it would be incredibly time consuming, going through yelp/trip advisor photos of restaurants in coastal areas might turn up some results. I have a nagging feeling that this might be in Florida. If I have some time later today, I may start looking at restaurants in the panhandle. I will update if I happen to find anything.

It’s a long shot, but who knows...

IMO, this reminds me of an Italian restaurant/pizza parlor that I’ve visited on the gulf side of the Florida coast. To be clear, it doesn’t look like the exact restaurant I’ve been to, but every time I see this photo I’m reminded of that restaurant. The plant looks like it could be some sort of bamboo? Or maybe some sort of tropical plant. Neither of the stained glass images appear to be actual stained glass. I agree that they appear to be some sort of window cling. I know that it’s common to spot dolphins on the gulf coast as well.

Although it would be incredibly time consuming, going through yelp/trip advisor photos of restaurants in coastal areas might turn up some results. I have a nagging feeling that this might be in Florida. If I have some time later today, I may start looking at restaurants in the panhandle. I will update if I happen to find anything.

Welcome to WS @SleuthingInTN! Great post! It does make sense that a restaurant in a tourist area would be promoting local wildlife & what the area is known for. Maybe a town that gives dolphin viewing boat tours? Quite a few of those in FL Keys, Everglades City, Chokoloskee Island, Alligator Alley, Plantation, etc. Good idea to look through Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc! I hope you find something!

Although it would be incredibly time consuming, going through yelp/trip advisor photos of restaurants in coastal areas might turn up some results. I have a nagging feeling that this might be in Florida.

If I have some time later today, I may start looking at restaurants in the panhandle. I will update if I happen to find anything.

I really like your idea of starting in the Panhandle.

The photo appears to have an older, wall mounted air conditioning unit above the window. Likewise, the totality of the window, paneling and chairs do not seem to indicate a new, large and mega tourist restaraunt. Rather, the totality seems to indicate a smaller restaraunt. These are more common in the panhandle than say, over developed Orlando.

Great first post, I agree with you fully, coastal town, perhaps Fl., older restaurant, nothing too touristy....Keep us posted, If I get a chance I will assist with the search. MOO

Can anyone tell what state the license plate is from?
I read elsewhere that someone thinks Texas.
I really like your idea of starting in the Panhandle.

The photo appears to have an older, wall mounted air conditioning unit above the window. Likewise, the totality of the window, paneling and chairs do not seem to indicate a new, large and mega tourist restaraunt. Rather, the totality seems to indicate a smaller restaraunt. These are more common in the panhandle than say, over developed Orlando.

It looks like there are several of those air conditioners on the walls? At any rate, of course that indicates a warmer climate.

There are wall and window units that can do both air and heat. The duct tape and insulation caulking seems more of use in colder weather. Maybe in a trailer or mobile home?

Or Italian.

I think you're right about the stained glass frame. Can you tell whether that foliage-looking stuff around the dolphin is part of the design, or something outside the window?

When I first looked at it, I thought "Maine." Don't know why.

I don't think it's a duck. I think it's a snow goose. The depiction is pretty typical of how they fly with wings down. It also appears to have a neck band or ribbon around its neck. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some kind of kit you buy at a craft store.

I found that this link is the best for enlarging any and all of the pictures.

The duck screen in the window looks to be hanging from eye screws or hooks. It looks like it is material. There is a big gap to the side of the window.

Scrolling down to another photo, it looks like pants hanging in the closet with jeans crumpled up down below.

There are so many pictures. They are labeled with letters and numbers. Does anyone know how the IDs are generated? Maybe letters identifying different cases or locations?

The picture of the jeans in a pile on the floor looks like a hotel room to me. There is a little coffee carafe in the room, an ice bucket, looks like a couple of Bud on the credenza. There's also a little card stuck in the mirror that looks like those you see that may have hotel info on. I can't make it any clearer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back