Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, Feinberg don't really fit the profile I had in mind for the killer. He's too much of a "character". Drug dealing, hard time, *advertiser censored*, reality tv, money laundering, political connections, (mob ****?). I'm not saying he isn't the killer. I just imagined the LISK is exactly the kind of guy Bittrolff is....normal, unnoticeable, average joe, normal job like landscaper or construction worker.

LL6, I agree. Theres to many POIs. They all looked good for one reason or another.

While it's never polite to make assumptions, I am guessing the guy was a john?

ALL cases, including the assassination of JFK are based on assumptions. If you walk into a room and there is a dead body on the floor and you see a man with a gun with smoke coming out of it then you make an assumption that person did it. Don't make it any more complicated than it has to be....

Robert Burke was the neighbor of John Pius Jr. He was a POI of the SCPD. According to some accounts the SCPD made several attempts to interview and he never seemed to be home when they came calling. Messages were left and they were never returned. The cops moved on to other people of interest.

One poster mentioned the bike against the tree. Without a doubt someone lied about the circumstances regarding the bike. Burke and one other testified that Michael Q told him while he was there he never hit Pius. All he did was to place the bike against the tree. John Pius Sr testified that while he was searching for his son his niece saw the handlebars of the bike sticking up from leaves that covered it. He said she went to pick it up and he stopped her and he put the bike against the tree. SOMEBODY IS LYING !

i HAVE my own ideas who killed the kid and it wasn't any or all of the four boys that were arrested and convicted of the crime.

Hawk.......as per my earlier questioning on favors for friends........ do you Know if Robert Burke was related to James Burke in anyway?

PUGGLE - There is NO reason I know of that Robert and James are related. I would tend to doubt it. When you get right down to it I am not sure if we really know who James Burke really is. That could be a big story all by itself.

PUGGLE - There is NO reason I know of that Robert and James are related. I would tend to doubt it. When you get right down to it I am not sure if we really know who James Burke really is. That could be a big story all by itself.

Given they share the same last name....appear to be both involved in the murder case at question...live in the same neighborhood. .....I would seriously be looking into any family connection. ....... to not do so, or to simply write it off as a probably not related....nah....anyone worth their salt would want to know if their was a family connection ...especially if citing any possible corruption involved by the main players.....

Who was Robert Burke?

Why.....if he was identified as the earliest suspect.....but then his name simply seemed to disappear from the investigation ......why?

Too much of a challenge I suspect and son they moved to easier prey. Robert and JAMES. fair enough as to a connection, but I don't think so.

I've been MIA on the boards for a long while, but I came back in light of recent developments and I've spent days trying to catch up here. My jaw is still on the floor. But I do have a few comments and questions:

1. Hawk, I owe you an apology. I truly thought you were a crackpot conspiracy theorist. I didn't believe a word you wrote. OMFG was I wrong! Hawk, I am truly sorry. Please accept my humble apology. And THANK YOU for all your info and insight.

2. I'm beginning to think poor SG was led into a trap. Of course "they" were trying to kill her, whoever "they" were. To me, it's looking like she was brought to Oak Beach to be warned or threatened, and no one counted on her flipping out or trying to run. So "they" killed her. And dumped her. And what better distraction than for the GB4 to suddenly appear in the same area? Suddenly there's a SK to shift the focus to, while Dormer insisted up and down that SG was not related to the others. Maybe, just maybe, that was the truth and the connection between SG and GB4 isn't quite what we always thought.

3. One thing I'm still confused about is Dormer. What role, if any, did Dormer play in the corruption, the coverup, and the banishing of the FBI?

I realize LL already linked to this, but I want to highlight it again for anyone who missed it- from a 1984 court case:

Kraye testified that the marihuana found in the trunk had nothing to do with defendant's ar rest.

While Kraye testified on direct examination that he was looking straight down through the driver's window when he saw the burlap bag, it was brought out on cross-examination that there were two windows on the driver's side of this two-door car and Kraye equivocated as to which window he looked through. He stated, "I don't recall. It might have been the driver's window". On redirect examination, after he looked at a photograph of the car in evidence, which he testified was "a fair and accurate picture of the defendant's vehicle", Kraye testified that he had been looking through the rear window when he saw the burlap bag.

A (small) burlap bag. Weird coincidence.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1984689106AD2d583_1348/PEOPLE v. FEINGOLD

edited to add: Is this a thing? Would people moving large amounts of pot be in possession of large amounts of burlap for bagging? I guess I'd always assumed they'd be purchasing pre-made bags in quantity but on reflection that would probably flag them as suspicious? Anyone know the answer to this?

Can someone please read the link again for me..... so did Harry ever end up going to prison?? Is there a link to his conviction and what sentence he received...... it says the indictment was dismissed....

Sorry having a very blonde moment .....trying to work out dates...

No apologies necessary - it goes with the territory. Being called a crackpot is the first step in the process. When that happens it tells you that you might be on the right track.

lol...if being nuts is the standard...then I have a good shot at it... xx

I'm going to move any further comments on this guy over to the rumours thread where it belongs...as I feel that's appropriate.

However...if I do ever come up with any info on this other Burke character (first suspect in Pius case) I will put it here...as it seems more fitting to add to facts already outlined by Hawk on the case and his suspicions of corruption in that case.

3. One thing I'm still confused about is Dormer. What role, if any, did Dormer play in the corruption, the coverup, and the banishing of the FBI?
Fascinated

To be honest with you on that question - I think Dormer is far too stupid to be involved in anything that requires an IQ more than a 50. He is now involved with Arrow Security. Arrow has people in common with Oheka Castle. In today's Newsday you will see a story of a person somewhat related to Arrow that is in the middle of another Nassau County scandal.

I believe when Dormer retired he took a position with Dowling College.....maybe that is why they went kaput .......LOL.

I think if you have a basic understanding of police protocol, or if you have a reasonable degree of common sense I offer you the following:

1. A criminal named Careccia ( Burke's neighbor) tells the cops on 11/13/03 that my son in law was involved in a vicious armed robbery. The son in law was on extended sick leave which led to a disability pension. We know what else he told them but just don't know exactly when.

So Careccia tells them a cop still on the Force, carrying a gun is allowed to continue as such. A review of the son in law's personnel records indicate there is not ONE instance of his being involved in High Crimes entered into the record.

The SIL continues on his way until he retires with a pension and his WEAPONS, and gets what they call a 'good guy' letter from the Moron Dormer.

Spota never tells (IMO) Dormer, and neither does the jerk that cashes his checks each week with Dormer's signature on it ( PD Payroll Checkt/Burke)

I think the biggest differences Spota and Dormer had is who is going to take the last swig out of the bottle.

Ohh...I will be a great disappointment..... I liked..like Dormer.

He didn't block the FBI...he was pushed out..

and he was the one that said Shannan sounded in Distress contrary to what was said later on after he was off the case.

Might be just his accent....but I kinda like the guy...

How could you not like an Irish cop with a brogue? It kind of makes you want to go up to him and kiss his cheeks. What I really would like to do is to squeeze his balls til he screams. He allowed Spota to arrest my son in law and never uttered one word off protest it. You have read my posts on the trial and the evidence clearly shows he didn't do it. Forget about my personal ties to the case because what is important he allowed these gangsters like Spota and Burke to embarrass and entire police department for crimes that were never committed and they ALL knew it !!! How can anyone have any respect for a man that doesn't respect his own department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper