Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're waiting... I have a question.

I found this on Classmates.com: James Burke - Hauppauge High School - Class of 1978

Does anyone know if this is "our" guy?
And, if anyone has a subscription to a yearbook website could you please check if it's him?

Moving this to Shannan's thread.

Attachments

• LISK Gilbert calls 4-30, 5-1 from 48 Hrs screenshot.jpg
    LISK Gilbert calls 4-30, 5-1 from 48 Hrs screenshot.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 45
While we're waiting... I have a question.

I found this on Classmates.com: James Burke - Hauppauge High School - Class of 1978

Does anyone know if this is "our" guy
And, if anyone has a subscription to a yearbook website could you please check if it's him?

James Burke would have graduated in 1982.

Well the GB4 were all like 5'0" or less even. No, I wouldn't say Shannan was petite. She was 5'7" from what I've read. She was on the thin side weighing 124 lbs, though.

I just looked it up.
ALC was 4'11"
MB was 4'10" 95 lbs
MBB was 4'11"
MW I can't find but I know she was a bit taller. Only a bit. All very petite women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Burke is a short man, people have referred to him as having the Napoleon Syndrome. Also raised by a single mother.

Perhaps John Ray came across additional information. Is there another press conference on the horizon?:waiting:

Sorry to hear this happened to you slug.....I believe you posted some very good aerials as well.

See below

Oh my word. MODs can one of you please make this into a thread of it's own? I think it deserves one. Sorry to hear what happened to you @seaslug44, I have only found your posts helpful and informative if I'm honest.

See below

I'm so sorry that some people's imaginations ran amok with you as the target. I find your posts enlightening, and I hope you continue to post. As a former local myself, I once looked to buy a home in Manorville and frequented the south shore beaches during the summer. I suppose I could have have been a suspect in some folks's minds. Hang in there, Seaslug <3.

Found some amazing blogs and info today while sleuthing. Thought this article was pretty interesting. It's probably been posted a million times, but for anyone new it could be informative. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...nsolved-case-of-the-long-island-serial-killer

"Burke's violent backstory fuels concerns that he deliberately slowed down the investigation of the Long Island Serial Killer after taking it over from Dormer. The man entered law enforcement as a witness in one of the most infamous murder cases in Long Island history: the John Pius trial of 1979. During the proceedings, a 14-year-old Burke testified against his own friends, who had sadistically bullied and murdered a 13-year-old boy by stuffing rocks down his throat. Many observers have questioned the degree to which the younger Burke might have been complicit in the horrific crime, given that he failed to intervene when it was happening. The young prosecutor who handled the Pius case was Spota, who now serves as Suffolk County district attorney and facilitated Burke's emergence as the most powerful cop in the county. Local papers describe Spota's relationship to Burke as a nurturing one, the prosecutor helping him become chief in 2012."

"Sini's final words about women suspecting their husbands might be an oblique reference to a woman in her 40s who told me about an 80-page report she says she provided to the FBI, implicating her husband in a grand conspiracy of serial murder that also allegedly implicated James Burke. She claims to have tied them together through a website called Utopia Guide, where men rate and discuss sex workers together at length. The woman believes the men threw sex parties together under the name Carney Construction Crew, and that some of the women who were hired were later disposed of in the bramble along Ocean Parkway. This unsubstantiated theory speaks to the wormhole of ideas bandied about every day both online and in local bars throughout Long Island."

.vice.com/en_us/article/ghosts-of-suffolk-county-inside-the-bizarre-unsolved-case-of-the-long-island-serial-killer

"Sini's final words about women suspecting their husbands might be an oblique reference to a woman in her 40s who told me about an 80-page report she says she provided to the FBI, implicating her husband in a grand conspiracy of serial murder that also allegedly implicated James Burke. She claims to have tied them together through a website called Utopia Guide, where men rate and discuss sex workers together at length. The woman believes the men threw sex parties together under the name Carney Construction Crew, and that some of the women who were hired were later disposed of in the bramble along Ocean Parkway. This unsubstantiated theory speaks to the wormhole of ideas bandied about every day both online and in local bars throughout Long Island."

.vice.com/en_us/article/ghosts-of-suffolk-county-inside-the-bizarre-unsolved-case-of-the-long-island-serial-killer

I have come across this blog regarding the LISK case. (I am not sure if anyone has already posted a link to it.) A specific post on the blog mentions the same CCC that you mention in your post. Although the blog is hard to follow, and there does not seem to be too many posts regarding the LISK case (I think many of the other posts are regarding other unsolved serial killer cases), but I guess a little is better than nothing.

Blog: https://mm7vslisk.wordpress.com/
CCC: https://mm7vslisk.wordpress.com/tag/carney-construction-crew/

Thanks, DQN -- Do you know the high school?
"Burke was officially hired by the Suffolk County Police Department in 1986 as a 21-year-old. He was promoted to sergeant in 1991, when he was 26, and reportedly had Spota's ear. Two years later, Burke was having sex with a convicted prostitute inside his patrol car."
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...nt-fall-of-long-islands-dirtiest-police-chief
I'm guessing in the same school zone as Dogwood Elementary but not sure.

(snipped)

"It's ironic, then, that Suffolk itself became known for a brutal murder case. On April 21, 1979, Joseph Sabina found his 13-year-old neighbor John Pius Jr. lying motionless in the yard of Dogwood Elementary School. Stones had been stuffed down his throat to asphyxiate him. The resulting trial was an odd convergence of the people who would run the county's law enforcement apparatus years later: The prosecutor assigned to the case was a young Spota, and Burke, then 14 years old, served as one of Spota's key witnesses. In the end, Smithtown locals Michael Quartararo, his brother Peter Quartararo, Thomas Ryan, and Bresnic&#8212;all high school&#8211;aged boys&#8212;were convicted of the murder."

Let me give you my version of what happened: I don&#8217;t believe any of those four kids killed John Pius Jr. I don&#8217;t believe Burke was involved. I have a pretty good idea who did it, but that is another story.
Those kids, or most of them were accomplished burglars, the oldest being 17. Ask them today and they will probably deny it. One of those kids told me he was a burglar, and added that Burke was the leader of the gang. He added, Burke was so good at planning the jobs they were never caught. The kid say they did anywhere from 50-100 burglaries. He did so many he could bring me back to the neighborhood and still remember some of the houses and stores he robbed.
The kids peddled drugs. My source said Burke peddled drugs as early as Junior High School.
Most of these kids were bad kids. Don&#8217;t know who was good and who was bad, but many of them were bad. So when the time came to pin in on someone&#8230;..what the heck put it on the kids because they deserve to go to jail for something.
Two kids &#8216;confessed&#8217; within weeks. One kid&#8217;s confession was taped. Nothing happened. When Tankleff &#8216;confessed&#8217; they locked him up. These kids they took a pass on.
What I believe happens is Burke does a burglary with another group of kids and gets caught. One of those kids that lived up the block from him is one of the new witnesses in the case. That fellow, a Danny C would go on to commit more crimes and has recently gone to jail and has since been released. Danny and Jimmy are old pals going back in the days.
Jimmy and Danny give a lot of testimony just short of saying the kids confessed to them. They would say: 1. we went to the funeral with our Grateful Dead jackets on. 2. We were laughing at the funeral. 3. When asked why they did it, one kid said what would you do if you were drunk and some kid saw you steal a mini-bike. 4. How are you dealing with the cops? Ans: too much time has gone by and the pigs will never catch us. 5. I was there but didn&#8217;t hit the kid, all I did was place his bike against the tree. FALSE! Because when Pius was found the bike was NOT against the tree, it was buried under the leaves. All Burke knew and his criminal pals in the DA office is when the cops got to the body the bike was against the tree and that is what the crime scene photos showed.
IMO, those kids didn&#8217;t kill Pius, someone else did and for a different reason.

Hawk, do you know if Burke attended Archbishop Molloy High School?

My source told me he was selling drugs as early as JHS/ I doubt if he could sell them in Arch Bishop Molloy H.S. But Spota went to Chaminade and look how he turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro