Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, it really is mind blowing that there still are MANY folks out there who really do believe corrupted law enforcement happens ONLY in the movies. Even with all of the advances in technology ( from DNA to all sorts of camera's to social media, etc. etc. ) you would never be able to convince some folks there is such a thing as a " corrupt " cop, let alone an entire corrupt department..no way no how:rolleyes:

The issue here is not whether the SCPD is corrupt. I think even the most pro-LE types like myself can agree from Spota down, Suffolk needs to be disinfected. (I do believe Sini is doing the right thing.)

The problem I have is some folks making the leap that while Burke interfered with the LISK case - no argument there! - that he is somehow tied to serial killing himself. That is a breathtaking leap of logic that is unwarranted. And dragging Dr. Hapless into it just goes further to undermine the credibility of the theorizing.

Interestingly enough, his death was a week before Fire Island Jane Doe's legs were discovered.

I don't see James Conway Burke (Jimmy the gent) being that kind of criminal killing and dismembering Prostitutes. In addition the mobsters have groupies of women that are lined up for them and women falling all over them, believe it or not. Interestingly enough he had a home in Ozone park the same area of Queens where James C Burke grew up.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/fbi-material-unearthed-beneath-former-home-of-famed-gangster/

The issue here is not whether the SCPD is corrupt. I think even the most pro-LE types like myself can agree from Spota down, Suffolk needs to be disinfected. (I do believe Sini is doing the right thing.)

The problem I have is some folks making the leap that while Burke interfered with the LISK case - no argument there! - that he is somehow tied to serial killing himself. That is a breathtaking leap of logic that is unwarranted. And dragging Dr. Hapless into it just goes further to undermine the credibility of the theorizing.

But by interfering and covering up he DID tie himself in with the serial killings. Can I ask what reasons you might think he would cover up for if he wasn't involved?

I don't see James Conway Burke (Jimmy the gent) being that kind of criminal killing and dismembering Prostitutes. In addition the mobsters have agroupies of women that are lined up for them believe it or not. Interestingly enough he had a home in Ozone park the same area of Queens where James C Burke grew up.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/fbi-material-unearthed-beneath-former-home-of-famed-gangster/

Jimmy the gent died locked up in prison. But if I'm inferring the connection I think if being made here, a recurring suggestion I've seen being made is that a big life event (marriage, divorce, children, DEATH OF A PARENT) might play a big role in the killings.

Well put😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Context As someone geographically removed from this whole saga I've been carefully reading this thread. I realized I needed more perspective and my jaw dropped. The population of Suffolk County alone is only 160,000 less than the population of my whole state, more than Montana and double Wyoming!!! Maybe this was already obvious to everyone but the reach of this corruption is HUGE. Perhaps this perspective is useful for others outside the area.

I'm curious if this thread is another egregious example of a miscarriage of justice or if there is a direct connection to LISK theories on here?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?178724-NY-Peter-Ghattas-35-Ronkonkoma-24-Sept-2003

Letter mentioned: http://www.newsday.com/opinion/letters/letter-all-out-effort-for-shannan-1.3473520

She was at the arraignment. I didn't see her because I wasn't there, but many other interested people saw her. She was not at the plea deal or sentencing. If she was I am sure I would have noticed her.

She was at the arraignment. What row she was sitting in is unknown to me. Those courtrooms in that monstrosity of a building are exceptionally small. They did have another courtroom with a TV at sentencing to accommodate the over-flow

Look at the court docket filed: Suffork County Police Officers: James Borsic a/k/a James Burke??? It is a site to exchange court documents, you need an ID and permissions to access the full file.

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/t...rt/feliciano-et-al-v-county-of-suffolk-et-al/

County of Suffolk, et al, Case No. ... Police Officer James Borsic, Defendant ... Unidentified Suffolk County Police Officers, Bard Simpson, Francis Rendon, James Borsic a/k/a James Burke, Filed: 3/28/2007, Entered: None, Court Filing.

Look at the court docket filed: Suffork County Police Officers: James Borsic a/k/a James Burke??? It is a site to exchange court documents, you need an ID and permissions to access the full file.

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/t...rt/feliciano-et-al-v-county-of-suffolk-et-al/

County of Suffolk, et al, Case No. ... Police Officer James Borsic, Defendant ... Unidentified Suffolk County Police Officers, Bard Simpson, Francis Rendon, James Borsic a/k/a James Burke, Filed: 3/28/2007, Entered: None, Court Filing.

Interesting.

Additional dates listed with Borsic named listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3