Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but Jimmy the gent was just Burke because he took his foster parents name. His mother Conway was from Dublin. She fell on hard times and became a prostitute who said she had no clue who the real father was. The idea Hawkshaw knows who it might be is small. It was a John as far as anyone was aware, could even be German. You could be related:) Nothing to do with James Charlie Burke, James Ciaran Burke or any other Burke. Plus Hawkshaw suggested James C could be Conway. No way. If you have a doubled barrelled name like Murphy Andrews etc you state it, abbreviations are first names. George B Shaw George Bernard Shaw etc. Just guesswork on his part this is why being Irish and talking about these people is so important. The clannish behaviour the promotions the way they protect each other is very important. Thus I wonder does Spota have a maternal Irish side?

Of course LISK is probably a pimp, killing the people blackmailing him for killing someone who was a grass or kept money from him. Were these girls independents pimps hate them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe any of this has to do with being Irish or not being Irish. First of all the Irish American of today is pretty watered down, unless it's a recent (last 2 generations) immigration from Ireland. JMO I also think most nationalities are clannish in that they stay close within communities.

Just take a trip to NYC and you will see how it all works with all heritage's in this country. They section themselves off into many different communities within communities. Also it's important to note that the Irish/Italian's immigrated to Ellis Island and intergrated themselves into NYC and the surrounding areas. There are very strong Irish/Italian American's currently living happily together in this area. JMO

I completely agree, although I'm sure it's much easier said than done. Regarding the Killing Season, I think a lot of the similarities between various locations were really stretches. To think that LISK is the same, or even has any sort of connection to Daytona Beach, Florida, [I thought] was really a stretch. I understand they wanted to cover as many contemporary unsolved serial killings as possible in 8 episodes, but, you're right, an entire series dedicated to LISK would be very interesting.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think a lot of the show where they traveled to different parts of the country and then tried connecting them to LISK is silly. Almost impossible really, unless LISK is traveling a lot for business. But even then it's a bit of a stretch.

The fact that LISK or even GB4 hasn't bragged AT ALL tells me he is being very careful, but still killing as we speak. He's just using a new dump site, unless of course he is starting to have health issues that prevent doing this any longer.

JB is the right age for him to be GB4, LISK, or AC4 and I believe he is very capable of doing these kind of killings. He's a psychopath, IMHO. Thank god he's presently locked away from society. :jail:

I think you mis-read the intentions of the film makers. I think what they were trying to show us is how it is almost common that gals are getting killed all over the USA and how little is being done to solve those cases. After that one can speculate if any are connected to each other.

KS starts and ends with LISK - 8 Episodes. I thought the message the film makers tried to make was brilliant,

I saw that was the premise too, but the KS continued showing possible connections to LISK also, which was silly. I think the same as you, it starts and ends with LISK. Might be they really wanted to make this entire series about LISK but weren't able to do that....

I don't believe any of this has to do with being Irish or not being Irish. First of all the Irish American of today is pretty watered down, unless it's a recent (last 2 generations) immigration from Ireland. JMO I also think most nationalities are clannish in that they stay close within communities.

Just take a trip to NYC and you will see how it all works with all heritage's in this country. They section themselves off into many different communities within communities. Also it's important to note that the Irish/Italian's immigrated to Ellis Island and intergrated themselves into NYC and the surrounding areas. There are very strong Irish/Italian American's currently living happily together in this area. JMO

Suffolk's Richard Dormer was born in Ireland and there is a very strong Irish American connection to Mannorville and Tom Clarke's and his wife's land....I now understand B could be Italian. Which is different. I never suggested the communities did not get along. However, there could be a feeling of being passed over with LE and the Irish taking care of the Irish. Personally I don't think Burke did it, he may have had motive and opportunity but he'd be very lucky never to have been down where the bodies were when no one could have recognised him. He was well known, I have a feeling the killer isn't

What was it Ted Bundy said, everything comes back to *advertiser censored*....

A piece on Spota which is odd. It's odd in the sense of what you think Burke may have had in the duffle

And it was Charles Manson responding to that very thing that Ted Bundy said about *advertiser censored*, that He (Charles Manson) watched a lot of *advertiser censored* and it had NO effect on him.
:laughing:

Charles Manson sent people out to kill, Bundy hunted his own prey. They are two totally different people. One is a cult leader one was a depraved sexual predator and narcissistic who loved to attack women.

Suffolk's Richard Dormer was born in Ireland and there is a very strong Irish American connection to Mannorville and Tom Clarke's and his wife's land....I now understand B could be Italian. Which is different. I never suggested the communities did not get along. However, there could be a feeling of being passed over with LE and the Irish taking care of the Irish. Personally I don't think Burke did it, he may have had motive and opportunity but he'd be very lucky never to have been down where the bodies were when no one could have recognised him. He was well known, I have a feeling the killer isn't

I may seem difficult to believe what I think is a real possibility, but i totally agree with you Sherlockknows, He was well known, I have a feeling the killer isn't him. I believe he is still out here living his life. At least that's my observation, thanks.

I may seem difficult to believe what I think is a real possibility, but i totally agree with you Sherlockknows, He was well known, I have a feeling the killer isn't him. I believe he is still out here living his life. At least that's my observation, thanks.

And you are right in my opinion. The thread has three different types of poster. Those who want it to be Burke, and drive the thread in this direction, those who follow the theory the killer may have killed along the coast like the TV program, and those who believe the Killer is a Rifkin, who'll probably be caught with a cadaver in the trunk in a bag going off to dump but is LISK and not outside.

One thing I am gleaning from this, is the killer's either lack of intellect or as it could be, the killer's want to leave clues and maybe is smarter than average.

No one cuts off a whole leg to get rid of a tattoo, however with the wings tattoo someone tried to destroy it without getting rid of it. So A did they really try to remove it, couldn't and buried anyway, or dumped, or B want people to notice the tattoo.

I am actually now leaning toward A. I have a feeling this is someone good at killing, but not smart enough to go out on a boat and get rid. I also think Fire Island is a real key. A phone signal bounced off the receptor there. It was related to a crank call and the killer had one of the victims phones. They weren't smart enough to realise they would leave a key piece of evidence, or didn't know they were near the mast.

I wonder are there bodies there. I just think this person knows this area very well or works there. They could also live in Mannorville so it wouldn't be unusual for them to be along the beaches. The perfect cover.

To be so close to water, to be on fire Island at any time, and to never think of hiring a boat, dumping evidence at sea is very odd. Why leave it where it can be found if you are hiding it, so which is it, not very smart or just playing games? I don't believe they are smart but panicking and just dumping bodies.

No one cuts off a whole leg to get rid of a tattoo, however with the wings tattoo someone tried to destroy it without getting rid of it. So A did they really try to remove it, couldn't and buried anyway, or dumped, or B want people to notice the tattoo.

Think it was cut off below the knee so whole leg no. But why else would the killer cut off only the right leg? Scars, tattoo or defining mark.

What buried are you talking about? The only victim I've ever seen described as buried was Lattingtown Jane Doe buried in the sand

And you are right in my opinion. The thread has three different types of poster. Those who want it to be Burke, and drive the thread in this direction, those who follow the theory the killer may have killed along the coast like the TV program, and those who believe the Killer is a Rifkin, who'll probably be caught with a cadaver in the trunk in a bag going off to dump but is LISK and not outside.

One thing I am gleaning from this, is the killer's either lack of intellect or as it could be, the killer's want to leave clues and maybe is smarter than average.

I am actually now leaning toward A. I have a feeling this is someone good at killing, but not smart enough to go out on a boat and get rid. I also think Fire Island is a real key. A phone signal bounced off the receptor there. It was related to a crank call and the killer had one of the victims phones. They weren't smart enough to realise they would leave a key piece of evidence, or didn't know they were near the mast.

I wonder are there bodies there. I just think this person knows this area very well or works there. They could also live in Mannorville so it wouldn't be unusual for them to be along the beaches. The perfect cover.

To be so close to water, to be on fire Island at any time, and to never think of hiring a boat, dumping evidence at sea is very odd. Why leave it where it can be found if you are hiding it, so which is it, not very smart or just playing games? I don't believe they are smart but panicking and just dumping bodies.

I dont know about those ideas, But i can tell you that several factors are a bit different than you might think. Manorville isnt near the water like gilgo is. This explains why bodies were dumped in woods. As far as Gilgo goes, it is on the western end fire island, which has 3 bridges that get you on it from long Island main land. You cant come from the east as the closest bridge is way eastern Fire island and has no roads and ends at the Fire Island inlet which does connect to Gilgo..The bridge Robert Moses is only bridge directly next to Gilgo from mainland. The bay that boaters use are challenging to say the least and hiring a boat would lead to a witness _the boat owner. Just thought I'd mention these things to better know the geography. ok

Manorville is nowhere near the beach . Take a peak at a map of Long Island to get the lay of the land
If one lived in Manorville it is close to Smith Point beach or they would drive east to the Hamptons. Manorviile is 36 miles away or so from Gilgo, not to mention there are several beaches in between Manorville and Gilgo that are big popular beaches. Gilgo is a seemingly remote beach as is the Oak Beach community next to it. To dump bodies in woods in Manorville and bury them next to very remote parkway in gilgo shows killer is familiar with both places...

The map of courts is a common denominator that each duming spot is within minutes of a major court location . First one is minutes from Manorville to the Riverhead court/prison and then Gilgo within several minutes from Islip courts. Killer is extreamly familiar to all these locations.

I think it's quite unhelpful to jump to conclusions that "no one would cut off a whole leg to hide a tattoo" or things like "one thing I know for sure" (followed by something that you do not in fact know for sure). It is an opinion and very few things are known for sure. If you think you have a suspect, call it in. If you think you're on to something, follow that lead for more. Rather than the banter about why someone's theory couldn't possibly be right or a "goodbye cruel world" type post when your feelers get hurt because no one thinks you solved the case, simply trust your gut, follow that info as long as you can and if and when appropriate call in a tip or share here with others who might be able to find fresh scent where the trail went cold for you.
ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE is the bickering isn't solving cases or identifying bodies

I dont know about those ideas, But i can tell you that several factors are a bit different than you might think. Manorville isnt near the water like gilgo is. This explains why bodies were dumped in woods. As far as Gilgo goes, it is on the western end fire island, which has 3 bridges that get you on it from long Island main land. You cant come from the east as the closest bridge is way eastern Fire island and has no roads and ends at the Fire Island inlet which does connect to Gilgo..The bridge Robert Moses is only bridge directly next to Gilgo from mainland. The bay that boaters use are challenging to say the least and hiring a boat would lead to a witness _the boat owner. Just thought I'd mention these things to better know the geography. ok

No I am not saying Mannorville is near the water. Mannorville is where Tom Clarke's land is so it's inland. What I am saying is you could live in Mannorville, kill someone, move the body near where you work by the sea.

The fact no one can get away from is the killer made phone calls to two families and only one call was picked up near fire Island. All the rest is speculation.

The killer made phone calls to one family. And the phone calls to the Barthelemys where made from Penn station and 42nd st

If one lived in Manorville it is close to Smith Point beach or they would drive east to the Hamptons. Manorviile is 36 miles away or so from Gilgo, not to mention there are several beaches in between Manorville and Gilgo that are big popular beaches. Gilgo is a seemingly remote beach as is the Oak Beach community next to it. To dump bodies in woods in Manorville and bury them next to very remote parkway in gilgo shows killer is familiar with both places...

The map of courts is a common denominator that each duming spot is within minutes of a major court location . First one is minutes from Manorville to the Riverhead court/prison and then Gilgo within several minutes from Islip courts. Killer is extreamly familiar to all these locations.

Fire Island is the place where the legs turned up in the bag. I think this might have been the first murder, and the place where the phone call was made from. It's a bit of a coincidence the only call link and the legs in a bag for me anyway.

Cherries in the suitcase which washed up. She could easily have been dumped out at sea and come in with the tide. Would an current send them there from a bridge? If not from a bridge, and if dumped at sea, could this make the killer a boat owner....

I wonder if the murders of Jugo and Gilbert could be related. Both complained about people plural following them. Group using prostitutes, well known local people, maybe they are being blackmailed or decide to get rid of evidence of using for years. Thus separate to the bodies cut up. One group one killer. Thus the confusion.

When you say Fire Island do you mean Jones Beach? And remember, the killer hid the parts on Ocean Parkway so well, that some weren't found for 14 years....

Fire Island is the place where the legs turned up in the bag. I think this might have been the first murder, and the place where the phone call was made from. It's a bit of a coincidence the only call link and the legs in a bag for me anyway.

Cherries in the suitcase which washed up. She could easily have been dumped out at sea and come in with the tide. Would an current send them there from a bridge? If not from a bridge, and if dumped at sea, could this make the killer a boat owner....

I wonder if the murders of Jugo and Gilbert could be related. Both complained about people plural following them. Group using prostitutes, well known local people, maybe they are being blackmailed or decide to get rid of evidence of using for years. Thus separate to the bodies cut up. One group one killer. Thus the confusion.

What is the Fire Island call? The only thing I can think of is Maureen's phone was turned on near Fire Island, but the calls to the family of Melissa all pinged in Manhattan and one at Massapequa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214