Fiber Analysis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was a little taken back from this list of items that had blood detected on them from the crime scene. Many items with blood detected but not confirmed? What in the world? I must have had my head buried in the sand as I do not remember any evidence of any blood anywhere.

From this source:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-a...nsic-evidence/

Q82 – blanket crime scene (winnie the pooh) – no tag, unable to determine if it is from set – hair present – caucasian head hairs, light reddish brown (like Q59) – caucasian fringe hairs, light brown, light reddish brown – fibers, known taken, off-white (d), light brown (d) – chemical test for blood was positive but not confirmed – no semen detected

also.....

Q103 – blanket crime scene – hair present – caucasian fringe hair – animal hair present – known taken – fibers off-white (d), light purple (d), light yellow (d), light green (d), light red (d) – chemical test for blood was positive but not confirmed – no semen detected

Q248.1 – napkin car – no hairs exhibit decomp present – chemical test for blood was positive but not confirmed
Q248.2 – napkin car – no hairs exhibit decomp present – chemical test for blood was positive but not confirmed
Q248.3 – napkin car – no hairs exhibit decomp present – chemical test for blood was positive but not confirmed
Q248.4 – napkin car – no hairs exhibit decomp present – chemical test for blood was positive but not confirmed

Baznme said "I was a little taken back from this list of items that had blood detected on them from the crime scene. Many items with blood detected but not confirmed? What in the world? I must have had my head buried in the sand as I do not remember any evidence of any blood anywhere"

:twocents: Try NOT to be too concerned, the chemical test that was performed :rocker: was what is considered a PRESUMPTIVE (as in DUH, maybe this is blood but then agian....) TEST and the NEXT step in the process is a CONFIRMATORY TEST (as in YEP, this "stuff" is blood and now we can determine if it's HUMAN or NOT). :woohoo:IF confirmed as blood AND as human, then the FINAL STEP is to ATTEMPT to perform a DNA screen.:woohoo:

SO............from the info in the documents you quoted, we can be sure other "materials" were present that react with the testing chemicals and as far as listing whatever else it might be......I'd need to know what chemicals were used. (And it's almost court time...soooo research later!):great:

Baznme said "I was a little taken back from this list of items that had blood detected on them from the crime scene. Many items with blood detected but not confirmed? What in the world? I must have had my head buried in the sand as I do not remember any evidence of any blood anywhere"

:twocents: Try NOT to be too concerned, the chemical test that was performed :rocker: was what is considered a PRESUMPTIVE (as in DUH, maybe this is blood but then agian....) TEST and the NEXT step in the process is a CONFIRMATORY TEST (as in YEP, this "stuff" is blood and now we can determine if it's HUMAN or NOT). :woohoo:IF confirmed as blood AND as human, then the FINAL STEP is to ATTEMPT to perform a DNA screen.:woohoo:

SO............from the info in the documents you quoted, we can be sure other "materials" were present that react with the testing chemicals and as far as listing whatever else it might be......I'd need to know what chemicals were used. (And it's almost court time...soooo research later!):great:

I guess that's why I was the only one that wasn't paying attention. Thanks for setting me straight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back