SC - Five law enforcement officers injured, 2 dead, Florence, 3 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OFFICERS SHOT FLORENCE SOUTH CAROLINA: 5 officers shot in South Carolina active shooter incident, police say

FLORENCE, S.C. - A least one South Carolina officer has died and four more have been shot in an active shooter situation in Florence, South Carolina, Wednesday afternoon, according to our ABC affilate WPDE in Myrtle Beach.

News outlets report sheriff’s Deputy Chief Glenn Kirby confirmed the incident Wednesday. Kirby says three Florence County sheriff’s deputies and two city officers were shot. The officer killed was a City of Florence police officer, according to WPDE.

This is my town. Y'all pray. I will just say it is bad. Prominent family involved. I'm very upset. I work 2 blocks from the hospital and a block from the police department. Hearing and seeing the first responders flying back and forth by my work has my anxiety over the top. I'm heartbroken.

Suspect in custody after 5 police officers shot in South Carolina
rbbm.
"Authorities said the shooting took place in Vintage Place, an upscale neighborhood in the western part of the city. Florence is about 70 miles northwest of Myrtle Beach. The Associated Press reports that it's home to roughly 37,000 people, sitting at the convergence of Interstates 95 and 20. It's the largest region known as the Pee Dee, an area recently affected by heavy flooding in the wake of Hurricane Florence."

rbbm.
5 officers shot, 1 dead in South Carolina shooting
636741886105535396-100418-florence-SC-Online.png

"Local media reports said the shooting may have escalated from a domestic violence situation Wednesday night. Officers responded to an active shooting in Vintage Place, an upscale residential subdivision"

This is my town. Y'all pray. I will just say it is bad. Prominent family involved. I'm very upset. I work 2 blocks from the hospital and a block from the police department. Hearing and seeing the first responders flying back and forth by my work has my anxiety over the top. I'm heartbroken.

razzledazzle - I don't live in Florence County, but I live in a rural area a couple counties over and Florence is the closest "big town" to us when we need to go shopping. I drive right past Vintage Point every time I go to Florence (coming down Hoffmeyer from Timmonsville Highway). Very nice upscale subdivision. I was stunned when I saw the headlines - can't imagine what you locals are going through. :( Hugs and prayers to all involved!

razzledazzle - I don't live in Florence County, but I live in a rural area a couple counties over and Florence is the closest "big town" to us when we need to go shopping. I drive right past Vintage Point every time I go to Florence (coming down Hoffmeyer from Timmonsville Highway). Very nice upscale subdivision. I was stunned when I saw the headlines - can't imagine what you locals are going through. :( Hugs and prayers to all involved!

Thank you. Just finding out that I know many of the people involved. Still in shock....

South Carolina -
Law Enforcement Officer Killed -
Now-Six Others Injured -
Florence County -
4:00 P.M. Local / Eastern Daylight Time -
Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018 -

Deceased Florence Police Officer:
To-Be Named
Historically:

Cause of Death :: Gun-Shot Wound
Manner of Death :: Homicide

1)) CNN:

Florence, South Carolina, shooting: 1 officer killed, 6 others injured - CNN

2)) WCBS News dot Com:
1 officer killed, 6 others wounded in South Carolina shooting; suspect in custody
[Message 5948
Thread 393503]

Last edited:
From WTOP "John Wukela, a city spokesman for the city, says city police, working with the sheriff’s office, were responding to an incident in the area when they came under fire. He did not have specific information on the numbers of officers involved but said some were seriously wounded." Sounds like they were ambushed.

From your link -

Major Michael Nunn, with the Florence County Sheriff Office, said around 4 p.m. Wednesday, investigators with the sheriff's office were attempting to serve a search warrant when the suspect opened fire.

Nunn said that the suspect continued to fire at the deputies and three were shot. Other officers, who tried to render aid, were also shot at by the suspect.

Nunn said the suspect barricaded himself in the home. He added that there were children in the home, but they have been taken to safety.

The standoff lasted for two hours, he said.

1 South Carolina police officer dead, 6 shot; suspect in custody

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back