SC - Five law enforcement officers injured, 2 dead, Florence, 3 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
7 officers shot, 1 dead, in South Carolina shooting, authorities say; suspect in custody

Seven law enforcement officers were shot, one fatally, in Florence County, South Carolina, authorities said Wednesday night.

Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken said the dead officer was a member of the city police department. Three Florence County sheriff’s deputies were shot, said Public Information Officer Major Michael M. Nunn, and four city officers were shot, said Florence Police Chief Allen Heidler.

Deceased Officer Identified:

South Carolina -
Law Enforcement Officer Killed -
Six Others Injured -
Florence County -
4:00 P.M. Local / Eastern Daylight Time -
Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018 -

Deceased Florence Police Officer:
Terrence Carraway
Black / Male / 52 Years Old

Cause of Death :: Gun-Shot Wound
Manner of Death :: Homicide

5)) Daily Freeman dot Com:

The Latest: Official IDs dead South Carolina officer

6)) CNN:

Florence, South Carolina, shooting: 1 officer killed, 6 others injured - CNN

7)) Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=terrence carraway

8)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=t1i1W_r5F5Ds5gKB2pDwCw&q=florence,+SC+-+shooting&oq=florence,+SC+-+shooting&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30l10.45115.51075..52124...0.0..0.97.1469.18......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j33i21j0i13i5i30j0i8i13i30j0i22i10i30.2qyBwr2yuDk

9)) 113 Line of Duty Deaths in 2018:
[Message 5949
Thread 393503]

Last edited:
Is that huge house where the shootings happened?? WOW! Haven't seen a suspect name yet either.

The officer who died:

DooOU4EXUAAXBR4.jpg

The victim has been identified as Officer Terrence Carraway, 52, of Darlington, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken. Carraway was pronounced dead at a local hospital. An autopsy will be conducted tomorrow at MUSC in Charleston.

City of Florence spokesman John Wukela said Carraway had just received his 30-year service pin from the department.

1 South Carolina police officer dead, 7 shot; suspect in custody

Deputies identify Florence County shooting suspect as 74-year-old manOctober 4, 2018 at 7:27 “AM EST - Updated October 4 at 7:46 AM
FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Deputies have identified the alleged shooter who opened fire Wednesday on law enforcement officers in Florence County, killing one officer and injuring several others, according to Florence County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Glenn Kirby.

Kirby identified the suspect as 74-year-old Fred Hopkins who lived at the home on Ashton Drive where the incident occurred. Hopkins suffered a head injury and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Law enforcement officials are unable to speak with the suspect at this time due to multiple health issues, Kirby says.

Florence police officer Terrence Carraway, 52, who had just received his 30-year service pin from the department, was killed in the shooting.”

May God comfort Terrence Carraway’s family as well as those LEOs who were injured.

I live one county over, but only 5 miles or so fm the location. I also know several ppl involved. This is terrible.
MTA I drive this road daily to get to the store.

I am so sorry. I know this has to be so traumatic for you and everyone in the community.

Prayers for the fallen officer's family and his sisters and brothers in blue.

God be with all of the wounded officers and their families. I pray they all recover.

It seems lately either another officer has been shot in the line of duty and gravely wounded or murdered.

Imo

I can't imagine... an elderly man? A search warrant for what? Suicide by cop didn't go as he planned?

So sorry for those involved and close to the situation. My heart goes out to you.

I think once we find out what the search warrant entailed it may show why he didn't want to comply.

I am reading chatter but those are just rumors for now.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back