GUILTY FL – Jordan Belliveau, 2, Largo, 1 SEP 2018 #2 *mother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Jordan's Law" SPC Course Being Offered to the Public in December
PUBLISHED November 22, 2019 @6:23 PM
PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Dr. Jim Lewis of St. Petersburg College is bringing his seminar inspired by the circumstances surrounding the death of 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau in 2018 to the public.

More than 400 law enforcement professionals attended the “Jordan’s Law: Bringing Science to Child Safety" seminar last month at SPC.

Now, Lewis, a clinical neuropsychologist, is opening up the course to members of the public. The seminar will take place at SPC's Midtown Campus on Dec. 2.
[...]
The session is free. Doors open at 5:45 p.m. and seats are limited.

New Video Shows Accused Mom on Night Jordan Belliveau Went Missing
PUBLISHED 10:32 PM EST Nov. 22, 2019
PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Newly released video shows accused murderer Charisse Stinson the night her 2-year-old son, Jordan Belliveau, went missing.
[...]
Another recording shows Stinson walking into a hotel lobby and collapsing on the floor. Stinson told police she stumbled into the hotel after regaining consciousness.
[...]

New Video Shows Accused Mom on Night Jordan Belliveau Went Missing
PUBLISHED 10:32 PM EST Nov. 22, 2019
PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Newly released video shows accused murderer Charisse Stinson the night her 2-year-old son, Jordan Belliveau, went missing.
[...]
Another recording shows Stinson walking into a hotel lobby and collapsing on the floor. Stinson told police she stumbled into the hotel after regaining consciousness.
[...]
I'm going to say that if CS ever took acting classes, she flunked. :mad::mad::mad: MOO

Community Forum Talks "Jordan's Law", Identifying Head Trauma in Children
PUBLISHED 10:04 PM EST Dec. 02, 2019
[...]
Chantala Simmons attended the course and said the information was valuable. After Jordan’s death, she was inspired to start a nonprofit organization called "A Mother’s Arms."

Her hope is to help take the burden off of young mothers and in return educate them.

“Sometimes people say things are 'common sense.' It’s not common sense when you don’t understand it,” Simmons said.

Simmons said she’s determined to learn more from courses like this one. She said she’s even talked to Jordan Belliveau's mother, Charisse Stinson, who awaits trial for her son’s murder, to pick her brain about what went wrong.

“She writes me, she lets me know what are some of the issues she was going with, so I know that I can get to these young mothers and try to address those issues,” Simmons said.
[...]

Dozens of Witnesses Likely For Upcoming Charisse Stinson Trial
PUBLISHED 8:36 AM EST Dec. 16, 2019 UPDATED 10:23 AM ET Dec. 16, 2019
LARGO, Fla. — There may be hundreds of witnesses set to testify when the Charisse Stinson trial starts in March.

During the brief pre-trial hearing Monday, it was determined the defense and the state collectively have nearly 300 witnesses right now. Both sides still have more depositions to take before her trial, which is set to start March 2, 2020.
[...]
Another pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Jan. 21.

1. Jorja Roman‏ @JorjaRoman 2h2 hours ago
    The hearing was brief. We did learn that between the defense and the state they have nearly 300 witnesses right now. Both sides still have more depositions to take before her trial, which is set for March 2, 2020. The next pretrial hearing will be January 21 @BN9

2. Jorja Roman‏ @JorjaRoman 3h3 hours ago
    Charisse Stinson’s murder trial is scheduled to begin 11 weeks from today. I’m in court this morning for a pretrial hearing. Stinson is accused of killing her son Jordan Belliveau in September of 2018 then lying to police saying he was kidnapped @BN9

DEC 26, 2019
Nonprofit for Overwhelmed Young Moms Dedicated to Slain Toddler
Chantala Simmons founded A Mother’s Arms after the death of 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau and after seeing her own daughter struggle.

[…]

“My program is geared toward retraining the mind,” she continued. “It’s like you’re coming to A Mother’s Arms, the ER room, but it’s EER, meaning 'examination, elimination, and recreation.' So we’re going to examine yourself, how you think, where your thoughts come from."

It’s a game plan she says she came up with after talking to Charisse Stinson, who is accused of killing her 2-year-old son Jordan.

“The one thing she kept saying is that it didn’t come with instructions on how to be a parent. And she said she didn’t have any backbone. She didn’t have the village. Everyone kept saying that she could’ve called me. She says that’s not true; she did not have anybody,” Simmons said.

[…]

Simmons says she already has 60 mothers on a waiting list for the program and 30 volunteers. If you want to find out more or how you can help, go to A Mother's Arms's website at https://amothersarms.org.

DEC 27, 2019
Toddler's death inspired organization to support single mothers
[…]

Detectives say there were many cries for help from Jordan’s mother, Charisse Stinson. Law enforcement said she was unprepared for motherhood, but the toddler was returned to her care after being in a foster home and she snapped, allegedly beating her son to death.

[…]

“I had my mother. I had my aunt, I had the neighborhood. We all helped out raising the children. [Mothers] don’t have that now,” Simmons said.

[…]

“When you’re already broken yourself, and then you bring children into the picture and you’re not really ready, mentally, physically, spiritually, it’s a bombshell,” Simmons said.

She says this is way for some good to come from Jordan’s tragedy.

Video: Organization helps single mothers

Pinellas now ranks No. 2 in Florida for children in foster care
They are spending more time outside a permanent home as the county struggles to deal with an increase in removals.
January 17, 2020
Pinellas County now has more children in foster care than Miami-Dade and Broward, Florida’s two most populous counties.
[...]
The added burden on Pinellas’s foster care system is beginning to show.
[...]
Eckerd Connects, the lead foster care agency for Pinellas-Pasco, has also struggled to hire and retain case managers, increasing the workload for those who remain.
[...]
The strain on the system shows in cases such as the death of 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau. In the months leading up to Jordan’s death in Largo, a state review found, child welfare agencies missed warning signs, failed to make home visits and said nothing when the mother lied in court about completing mandatory counseling classes to get her son back.
[...]
Card estimates that Pinellas-Pasco needs about $20 million more to make ends meet.
[...]

Jordan's Law - Florida’s Child Welfare System is in crisis

Re-Filed Version of "Jordan's Law" Passes in Florida House
UPDATED 5:14 PM ET FEB. 20, 2020
TAMPA, Fla. – A re-filed version of "Jordan's Law" passed in the Florida House on Thursday.
[...]
The refiled bill passed unanimously. The key now is to get it to pass in the Senate. If that doesn't happen, it won't have a chance to become law.
[...]

Florida House passes refiled version of 'Jordan's Law'
Updated: 3:08 AM, Feb 21, 2020
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — A bill designed to protect children from abuse in the state's welfare system has passed the Florida House of Representatives Thursday afternoon.

The bill is named after Jordan Belliveau, who investigators say was murdered by his mother in Largo in 2018. The bill would require law enforcement to be notified when they respond to calls where a person or caregiver is the subject of a child protective investigation.
[...]

SEP 17, 2020
Grandmother of slain Jordan Belliveau sues child welfare agencies that ‘failed’ her grandson
[...]

The lawsuit names Eckerd Youth Alternatives and Directions for Living. Eckerd provides child welfare services in Pinellas and Pasco counties under the Florida Department of Children and Families. Directions for Living works on child welfare services under a contract with Eckerd.

[...]

Jessica Belliveau claims in the lawsuit that her grandson might still be alive today had it not been for several missed signs and critical errors within Directions for Living.

The group removed Jordan from foster care and placed him with his mother, Stinson, despite evidence that the boy’s father was the more fit parent. Despite Stinson failing to complete court-ordered classes, Directions for Living did not remove Jordan from her custody. Jessica Belliveau and Jordan Belliveau Sr. both warned the agency of danger.

[...]

OCT 13, 2020
Charisse Stinson Gets 50-Year Sentence in Son Jordan Belliveau's Death
The woman charged in the 2018 death of her 2-year-old son, Jordan Belliveau, has pleaded guilty and been sentenced to 50 years in prison.

[...]

The 23-year-old made a statement to the judge before pleading guilty. She told the judge she’s changed. She also apologized to the Belliveau family for the pain she caused.

“For a while, I was so angry and bitter before I came to jail. And now I’m free mentally. I may not be free physically. But I want my mom to know that I am free mentally. I am not held in bondage anymore, and that is the greatest gift that God has given me. And I thank my son for that. Because I was lost for a long time. And I just want to say thank you to everybody that has supported me. Thank you to my attorneys that have supported me and thank you for my mom for birthing me. For allowing me to go through this. Because I needed this to change,” Stinson said.

Stinson’s mom, Mary Washington, also addressed the judge. She told him her daughter was remorseful and regretted what she did.

“My daughter is not the monster that she has been painted to be. She loved her son. I know she loved her son,” Washington said.

[...]

OCT 13, 2020
Jordan Belliveau’s mother sentenced to 50 years in 2-year-old’s murder

3OHBZ6NSLZBPBHIK33ZUQY6HSQ.jpg

Charisse Stinson reacts to the 50-year sentence she received Tuesday in the death of her 2-year-old son Jordan Belliveau. Stinson pleaded guilty to second-degree murder. [ SCOTT KEELER | Times ]

Jordan Belliveau Sr. did not go to court Tuesday morning. He did not sit on a hard wooden bench, in a room full of family and reporters, to watch the mother of his son plead guilty to murdering him. He did not know if he could handle it, emotionally, and he did not want to cause a scene.

He already knew the terms of the plea deal Charisse Stinson agreed to for killing their 2-year-old son, Jordan Belliveau Jr.: The 23-year-old mother would spend up to 50 years in prison, with credit for more than two years served in jail.

The father did not think it was enough.

“I’m not nobody’s creator,” Belliveau, 24, told the Tampa Bay Times. “I can’t say when somebody dies. But that’s what I would’ve liked.”

[...]

This summer, a bill bearing Jordan’s name was signed into law. A set of child welfare reforms, the law requires more training to recognize child head trauma and improve communication between child welfare agencies and law enforcement.

“Precious baby Jordan will leave a legacy on many, and his legacy is that kids like him hopefully will have better opportunities than he had and better outcomes than he had,” said the bill’s sponsor, State Rep. Chris Latvala, R-Clearwater.

[...]

APR 01, updated MAY 14, 2021
Law enforcement: Jordan's Law is saving lives 9 months after taking effect
April 1st marks the start of child abuse awareness month and also 9 months since a critical law went into effect in Florida aimed at saving children’s lives.

Jordan’s Law is helping to correct years of documented failures within our state’s child welfare system.

[...]

Jordan’s death lead Florida to become the first state in the nation to mandate brain injury trauma training for all child welfare workers.

[...]

Lewis says the training is often eye-opening. “When they hear it they go wow this makes all the sense in the world but how come we haven’t heard this before? People are astonished when they hear how frequently this is occurring and how little they knew before,” he said.

Since Jordan’s death, case managers are being assigned to half as many children.

Coleen Chaney, the victim’s advocate at Largo Police Department says law enforcement leaders are also digging deeper.

“When an officer responds to a situation, they have more questions to ask. They come to an abuse call or welfare check with a context around what could happen, what could be a contributor to a serious and traumatic brain injury,” she elaborated.

[...]

Jordan may have lived a short life, but his legacy continues and law enforcement leaders say there isn’t a single doubt that children are alive today because of the changes made in his honor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back