GUILTY FL – Jordan Belliveau, 2, Largo, 1 SEP 2018 #2 *mother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Your Lies Are Over," Detective Tells Jordan Belliveau's Mom in Recordings
PUBLISHED 5:05 PM EDT Jun. 20, 2019 UPDATED 5:50 PM ET Jun. 20, 2019
LARGO, Fla. — Newly released audio and video files are providing some insight into the moments before and after the body of 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau was found.
[...]
While questioning Stinson, a detective tells her they had found her son’s body, and they wanted her to tell the truth.

“I saw him with my own eyes. I found him with my group of people. We found him, right where you left him, wearing the clothes, wearing the shoes. Your lies are over,” the detective says.

Investigators said they had doubts about Stinson's story from the beginning, and they let her know they had evidence indicating she was responsible for the boy's murder.
[...]

Doctor Hopes to Bring Science to Safety After 'Jordan's Law' Fails to Pass
PUBLISHED 10:42 PM EDT Jul. 08, 2019
TAMPA, Fla. — A Bay area clinical neuropsychologist who worked with lawmakers on "Jordan’s Law" earlier this year has decided to take matters into his own hands after the law failed to get a vote in the state Senate.

Dr. Jim Lewis of Florida Children's Medical Services said Jordan Belliveau's death and the deaths of children like him can be prevented. He plans to educate the people who deal with at risk children — law enforcement, child welfare workers, and court employees — in a seminar coming to St. Pete College called "Jordan’s Law, Bringing Science to Safety."
[...]
The seminar's ultimate goal is prevention. To accomplish that goal, Lewis will focus on recognition of warning signs.
[...]
Lewis said there are five childhood brain injuries he plans to focus on: head injuries, heat stroke or hypothermia, hypoxia, failure to thrive and fatal drug exposure.

He said these kinds of injuries are often missed, but his three-hour educational training, sponsored by Largo Police, will hopefully help to significantly reduce and prevent another child from dying.
[...]

Lawmakers, cops call for support of bill named after slain Largo 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau
July 29, 2019
LARGO — Police, state lawmakers and a brain doctor laid on the pressure Monday for the Legislature to pass a child welfare bill named in honor of 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau.

Clearwater Rep. Chris Latvala, a Republican, announced during a news conference at the Largo Police Department that he will refile Jordan's Law after it stalled in the Senate during the last Legislative Session. St. Petersburg Sen. Darryl Rouson, a Democrat, will file a companion bill in his chamber.

"Jordan Belliveau's death was tragic and unnecessary," Rouson said. "His death shines a spotlight on the inadequacies of our broken child welfare system."
[...]
The Monday announcement fell on what would have been Jordan's third birthday.
[...]

Jordan's Law - Florida’s Child Welfare System is in crisis

Lawmakers to Re-File Jordan’s Law, Launch Website to Inform the Public
UPDATED 5:39 PM ET Jul. 29, 2019
LARGO, Fla. — State Rep. Chris Latvala and Sen. Darryl Rousson announced Monday, on what would’ve been Jordan Belliveau’s third birthday, that they’re confident Jordan’s Law will pass this time around.

The lawmakers also created a website, jordanslaw.com, to keep the public informed about the status of the bill. Jordanslaw.com is now live and it gives information about Jordan’s death and other children like him.

There’s also a petition on the website that people can sign. Latvala is hoping people will sign to show other lawmakers just how many people support the bill and how important this is for saving the lives of children like Jordan Belliveau.

"Charisse, What Didn't You Do?" Detective Asks in New Recording
PUBLISHED July 31, 2019 @11:34 PM
TAMPA, Fla. — In newly released recordings, the mother accused of killing her toddler son, Jordan Belliveau, is heard talking to detectives hours after she told them she was attacked and her son kidnapped.

The audio recordings contain very detailed descriptions of the night in September 2018 when Charisse Stinson said a man named Antwan kidnapped Jordan.

She claimed that Antwan offered her and her son a ride.
[...]
In the recordings, detectives weren’t buying her story: One can be heard telling Stinson he didn’t think Antwan existed.

Stinson can then be heard denying being involved in her son’s disappearance.

"I didn’t do this," she said.

The detective asks, "Charisse, what didn’t you do?"

Stinson responds, "Y’all thinking I’m hurting him. That’s what you’re implying. How am I supposed to defend myself?"

At one point, Stinson offered to take a lie-detector test. Detectives didn’t agree to that offer.
[...]
Meanwhile, Stinson is due back in court next month. Her trial is set for March 2020. She’s charged with first degree murder and filing a false report to law enforcement.

"Charisse, What Didn't You Do?" Detective Asks in New Recording
PUBLISHED July 31, 2019 @11:34 PM
TAMPA, Fla. — In newly released recordings, the mother accused of killing her toddler son, Jordan Belliveau, is heard talking to detectives hours after she told them she was attacked and her son kidnapped.

The audio recordings contain very detailed descriptions of the night in September 2018 when Charisse Stinson said a man named Antwan kidnapped Jordan.

She claimed that Antwan offered her and her son a ride.
[...]
In the recordings, detectives weren’t buying her story: One can be heard telling Stinson he didn’t think Antwan existed.

Stinson can then be heard denying being involved in her son’s disappearance.

"I didn’t do this," she said.

The detective asks, "Charisse, what didn’t you do?"

Stinson responds, "Y’all thinking I’m hurting him. That’s what you’re implying. How am I supposed to defend myself?"

At one point, Stinson offered to take a lie-detector test. Detectives didn’t agree to that offer.
[...]
Meanwhile, Stinson is due back in court next month. Her trial is set for March 2020. She’s charged with first degree murder and filing a false report to law enforcement.
It's not clear whether or not she threw the TV and other things the night Jordan was murdered, but either way, it makes me so sad to think about what that poor baby went through. :( Rest easy, little guy. MOO

Stinson can also be heard on the new recordings talking about how she got mad and threw a TV, candle, and bottle of juice against a wall. She also said she hadn’t washed dishes or cleaned her apartment in weeks.

https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=18020069
Case Type: FELONY
STATE OF FLORIDA vs. STINSON, CHARISSE
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
03/02/2020 JURY TRIAL (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer ANDREWS, MICHAEL F)
10/07/2019 PRE-TRIAL (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer ANDREWS, MICHAEL F)

BRING

https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=18111417
Case Type: PATERNITY - NON IVD
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
08/19/2019 ORDER TO APPEAR AT MANDATORY COMPLIANCE HEARING Doc # 16

090619 1:30
08/16/2019 ORDER TO APPEAR AT MANDATORY COMPLIANCE HEARING Doc # 15
090619 11:00

Child welfare subcontractor removed from more than 500 cases after 11-year-old child's death
Updated: 6:34 PM, Aug 28, 2019
CLEARWATER, Fla. — The I-Team has learned DCF sub-contractor Directions for Living will no longer be managing child welfare cases for DCF in Pinellas County.

The contractor was put on notice the same day the I-Team reported on the death of an 11-year-old boy under its care.
[...]
The death of the 11-year-old boy remains under investigation and the coroner is awaiting toxicology results.
[...]

Clearwater nonprofit loses $4.6 million foster care contract | Tampa Bay Times
August 29, 2019
ST. PETERSBURG — Nonprofit group Directions for Living has lost a $4.6 million contract to provide foster care case managers in Pinellas County.

In July 2017, 8-month-old William Hendrickson IV died after being left with his father in a Largo mobile home where the temperature rose to 109 degrees. A state investigation concluded that his case manager, who visited the home one day before the boy’s death, failed to take necessary action.

And in September 2018, police say 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau was killed by his mother while under the supervision of a Directions case manager. A state investigation found that child welfare agencies missed warning signs, failed to make home visits and said nothing when his mother lied in court about completing mandatory counseling classes.

The state is looking into another death of a child whose case was being managed by Directions. On Aug. 12, a Pinellas County 11-year-old boy died in Polk County after he was taken to the hospital when he began to vomit after complaining of an upset stomach. The investigation is ongoing.
[...]

Thousands Sign Petition to Pass 'Jordan's Law' in Florida
PUBLISHED 12:18 PM EDT Sep. 04, 2019
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — More than 2,000 people have signed the petition to pass "Jordan's Law" to protect children in Florida.
[...]
So far, the online petition has signatures from people in more than 320 zip codes, including out of state.

Jordan’s Law was refiled in the Florida Senate by State Senator Darryl Rousson. Latvala has refiled the bill in House. Last session, Jordan’s Law passed unanimously in the House, but the Senate failed to approve the measure.
[...]

Thousands want new law passed a year after prosecutors say this toddler was murdered by his mom
Updated: 5:25 PM EDT September 4, 2019
It's been a year since prosecutors say a Largo toddler was killed by his mom, who is accused of making up a story about him being kidnapped -- setting off an Amber Alert that ended with his body being found in the woods.
[...]

Child Welfare Agency Offers New Training After Death of Jordan Belliveau
UPDATED 10:07 PM ET Oct. 02, 2019
PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Changes are coming to the child welfare system in Florida, specifically to the Guardian ad Litem program, and it’s all because of death of 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau.

The Guardian ad Litem program will now educate their staff and volunteers about how to spot signs of abuse in children under the age of 5. This makes the second program in the child welfare system stepping up to make changes that the Jordan’s Law bill wants to make mandatory.
[...]

OCT 7, 2019
Attorneys for woman accused of killing her young son say she has a lifetime worth of DCF records
  • The trial for Charisse Stinson is set for March 2.
  • On Monday, her attorneys told a judge the number of records and a delay in getting them is causing concern about being ready by that date.
  • In a pre-trial hearing, her attorneys said that due to her lifetime of foster care, there are more records on Stinson than anyone anticipated.
  • "Ms. Stinson turned 22 in April," said public defender Allison Miller. "The Department of Children and Families or its equivalent has been involved in her entire life, so we're talking about 22 years of records, ostensibly."
  • Miller says she has only received 600 of the 2,500 pages.
  • The delay is because those records have to be redacted by DCF.
  • Stinson's attorneys have hired someone to help get through the material.
  • The next pre-trial hearing is Nov. 12.
VIDEO: Lawyers for Charisse Stinson accused of killing son say she has a lifetime worth of DCF records

SPC Hosts Jordan's Law-Inspired Course for Child Welfare Workers
PUBLISHED 3:19 PM EDT Oct. 25, 2019
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Hundreds of professionals who work with Bay-area children in the child welfare system took part in a new voluntary seminar at St. Petersburg College that experts say could save lives.

More than 400 people attended the “Jordan’s Law: Bringing Science to Child Safety" seminar Friday.

Like many others, clinical neuropsychologist and course designer Dr. James Lewis was deeply troubled by the 2018 death of 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau, whose body was found in a wooded area. His mother faces first-degree murder charges.

Jordan’s death motivated Lewis to create the seminar focused on how to spot head trauma in children younger than 5.
[...]

Plea Deal In The Works For Mom Charged In Death Of 2-Year-Old Son?

She gave birth to baby girl in December, who is now in the care of Jordan's former foster parents.

I have lost track of this case... do we know if her baby is with his father's family or in foster care?

Bump, as to the location of the new baby as last I heard is baby now in the care of Jordan's former foster parents. Snipped by me.

Thank you SeesSeas for keeping everything on the thread up to date.

Bump, as to the location of the new baby as last I heard is baby now in the care of Jordan's former foster parents. Snipped by me.

Thank you SeesSeas for keeping everything on the thread up to date.
Thank you, I did do some research this afternoon and found that Jordan's mother terminated her rights and is allowing the Jordan's foster parents to adopt his sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares
Back