DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMBER Alert issued for missing 2-year-old boy in Largo
Posted: Sep 02, 2018 07:44 AM EDT
Updated: Sep 02, 2018 09:45 AM EDT

LARGO. Fla. (WFLA) - The mother of a boy who is missing and is the subject of a Florida AMBER Alert says her 2-year-old son disappeared after she was punched in the head by a man who gave her and her son a ride in a car.

[...] Detectives think Jordan could be with a man in a white Toyota Camry.

Jordan's mother told Largo police that she and Jordan were out walking around 9 or 9:15 p.m Saturday and a man in a car offered them a ride. The mother said the man told them his name is Antwan.

She and her son got into the man's car. When they were driving in the area of Lake Avenue and East Bay Drive, the mother said she and Antwan got into a fight and he punched her in the head.

She told police she woke up around 1 a.m. in a wooded area of Largo's Central Park and could not find her son.

No other details have been released. Largo police are expected to give an update later today.
[...]

So, she knew Antwan?

Regarding the timing of call to LE - there are TWO local LE involved.
Largo Police got the early call because it's in their city jurisdiction.
Apparently, mid-morning, Largo Police got assistance from Pinellas County Sheriff's Office (PCSO), and that is the 10:24 AM call listed.
Because this is a FL Amber Alert, FDLE (Florida Dept of Law Enforcement) may have initiated PCSO involvement. I don't know the exact protocol with that.

Here's the link:
ActiveCallDetail -
LA18-009230 9/2/2018 10:24 AM ABDUCTION / KIDNAPPING 3660 East Bay Dr LARGO MC09

They didn't get the call until 10:24? What the heck is with that?

I'm totally confused on the timing. I got an e-mail amber alert at 7:31 this morning.

STOP sleuthing the parents or making disparaging comments about them.

Read The Rules folks. WS is victim friendly and sleuthing family and friends social media and other information is off limits. Post accordingly or face temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

I was out all day and am catching up. It's so distressing that Jordan hasn't been found. I expected "Antwan" to drop him somewhere. Jordan is only 2 so he wouldn't be a witness against Antwan if the story is accurate. There's no good reason for him to keep the boy all this time so again I ask... why?

And why are LE officers collecting bags of evidence from the mother's apartment when according to current msm reports the assault and abduction took place on the street and in a car? I guess maybe they want to be thorough in their investigation?

I'm carefully watching to see how the story unfolds. Meter is ticking in the meantime. Please let little Jordan be unharmed and brought home tonight!

Poor precious. Whatever the circumstances he is in danger for certain. And if you've never been poor enough to know what it's like to have to bum a ride, maybe think twice about posting. We live in a world that provides less and less options for everyone, this is a consequence for building a society this way. Expect there to be an increase reports like this the longer society insists on not being responsible for one another. Mod feel free to snip if that's too political, but it's the truth.

He's being very active and vocal on SM and leading the search. I just don't think any MSM has tried to interview him yet.

I've only seen a little MSM coverage but hopefully it will gain some steam.

ok thanks feeling for the parents right now. jordan needs to be found

Just a tiny thought here that probably doesn't make a hill of beans difference, but ...

Wondering if the name they are spelling as Antwan is actually just the phonetic for "Antoine" (which is French for Anthony).

Just a tiny thought here that probably doesn't make a hill of beans difference, but ...

Wondering if the name they are spelling as Antwan is actually just the phonetic for "Antoine" (which is French for Anthony).
TeaTime mentioned the name spelling in post #23 earlier today:
I do wonder how she knows he spells his name "Antwan". If someone told me that name, I would assume "Antoine" first. But, hey, what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay