FL- 12 Story Condo Partial Building Collapse, many still unaccounted for, Miami, 24 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, what about folks who may be in the rubble and still alive? (saw one boy rescued from rubble) I saw one video with doggies, but just once. I would think this is the time to use dogs!

They haven't started searching the rubble yet, due to fears the remaining structure could collape and now it's raining too. I'm going crazy with thoughts coming back of 911. I live in Florida and I've been watching this since the beginning in horror. This is terrible, there are going to be so many fatalities. Worried some may be trapped and what they would be going through. I think maybe I should turn the tv off for a little while.

<modsnip>

There were three "towers" in this complex.

The oceanside property is a block north of Miami Beach city limits. The town of Surfside runs along Collins Avenue, south of Bal Harbour. Condos and motels line Collins Avenue.

It also has two sister buildings, Champlain Towers North and Champlain Towers East.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article252325063.html

They are all next to each other. South tower collapsed.

jmo - I dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
When you view the building from GoogleEarth maps, you can see that the remaining structure is only about 1/3 of the original building size.

The part that completely collapsed is about 2/3 of the entire structure

There is also an identical building just north of the collapsed on. The second building north has the identical footprint and brick color. I hope they evacuate that building too, if just for a very detailed inspection.

Greg Dee
@GregDeeWeather

1h

Another comparison of the before-and-after of the #Surfside Condo #collpase overnight. The section of the building that's impacted is very large. #Surfsidecollapse #miami #breakingnews
E4pY9urXMAgBgfd

<modsnip>

There were three "towers" in this complex.

The oceanside property is a block north of Miami Beach city limits. The town of Surfside runs along Collins Avenue, south of Bal Harbour. Condos and motels line Collins Avenue.

It also has two sister buildings, Champlain Towers North and Champlain Towers East.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article252325063.html

They are all next to each other. South tower collapsed.

jmo - I dunno
It reminds of 911, on a smaller scale.

Goodness, I have a friend who lives in a high rise condo in Miami Beach right around there. No idea which one, as she just recently moved. Have reached out to check on her.

That thing just collapsed on itself, like a controlled demolition! How bizarre.

I have read it's just a block from Jared and Ivanka. :rolleyes:

This is what I'm watching:

Miami-Dade Police
@MiamiDadePD

·
7m

#UPDATE: The press conference has changed to approximately 9:15 AM, weather permitting.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue
@MiamiDadeFire

A family reunification center has been set up for anyone looking for unaccounted or missing relatives at 9302 Collins Avenue. If you have family members that are unaccounted for or are safe, please call 305-614-1819 to account for them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiamiDadeFire/status/1408021153415892992

Thanks, @IceIce9, for starting this thread, and thanks to @margarita25 for your quick reporting on this tragic situation.
Oh, my. Prayers for all.

MOD NOTE:

UNLESS a social media account (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and the like) has been verified to be officially sanctioned by an MSM or LE entity, it is considered a personal account and may not be shared here. Reporters for MSM outlets often have their own professional account that is affiliated with their MSM organization. Police and Fire Chiefs may have accounts to make official statements. Those are ok. An account that lists a name and moniker such as “the fireman” or “the policeman” is most likely a personal account of someone who may work in that capacity, but without verification, is considered the same as yours or my social media account(s) and is not allowed on Websleuths.

Umm, what about folks who may be in the rubble and still alive? (saw one boy rescued from rubble) I saw one video with doggies, but just once. I would think this is the time to use dogs!

This is the type of deployments FEMA US&R K9's are trained for.

I cant imagine sleeping, getting ready for work, etc. and my world caving on me. Terrible. IMO

MSM live feed chatter from officials is a possible sinkhole. I looked and you can see the parking garage is sunken. The collapse so thoroughly pancaked that there are no pockets for survivors. They have cadaver dogs on site. But they are not effective until more time passes.That was really hard to hear.

MSM live feed chatter from officials is a possible sinkhole. I looked and you can see the parking garage is sunken. The collapse so thoroughly pancaked that there are no pockets for survivors. They have cadaver dogs on site. But they are not effective until more time passes.That was really hard to hear.

So there were more than one building that collapsed?

The side of one building from first reports, and then an entire multi-story garage next to it that pancaked in secondary reports?

That's a big sinkhole if it took out both... that only had one side of the building come apart.. and then an entire multi story (8 stories??) that collapsed next to it.

Waiting on MSM updates......and LE presser updates.......

I heard from a neighbor in the livestream I posted above, that they had been doing roof work on a building nearby, for the last couple of months. Could all that banging on a nearby building have made this one unstable in some way? Sounds a little farfetched, but I know zero about this topic. Why did the whole thing go down? What were the explosions (sounded like thunder/lightning) that neighbors heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974