FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Broward Co. arrest papers I saw said brown hair.

Ugh oh

the one that is up in another window says black!!

Affidavt and booking thing had two diff eye colors that I just discovered just mistake but look at the pic and video --our own eyes

this only struck me casue of maybe dye before going to kill

Somewhere in Cruz's past, he learned that you could solve problems if you had a gun. Where would this type thinking
come from? I'm serious. Is this the way his brain worked to solve problems in your life? Sounds like the same
thinking Adam Lanza had. Is this from psychotropic drugs? Serious disconnect going on here.
So his mother was around when he bought the gun. didn't she see it in his room? didn't she worry about this?

I was thinking she knew about it. Where would he get the money.? They are $800-$1500 depending.

I think the shooter "hung out" around the scene after attacking the school so he could watch and enjoy the chaos he created, and the response to it. I imagine he felt tremendous calm.

I dont think so --if we take stopping by for a drink etc and where he was found and walking times there would not be too much time for that

Yes, thank you, Kaen. Excellent point.

RSBM. I hate to pick on this but the home sold was his parent's home. Does not need to be called his "adoptive parent's home." The woman who raised him was his mother. The family was his family.

A classmate through elementary and middle school, Brody Speno waited every day with Cruz to catch the bus to school. Then one afternoon about five years ago, when they both were teenagers, Cruz started throwing eggs at Speno’s car with no warning, Speno recalled. He and a friend chased Cruz back to his house.

“We were pissed off, so we knocked on the door and his mom came out,” Speno said. When the two told her what happened, Cruz’s mom had a strange reaction.

“She said, ‘No, my son would never do that. He’s inside sleeping,’ ” Speno recalled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...9c9830535e5_story.html?utm_term=.5ee25b65b972

"He is a deeply troubled young man; a child that has endured significant loss," Gordon Weekes, chief assistant for Broward County's public defender's office, told reporters Thursday. "He fell between the cracks and we have to try to save him now."

Despite the repeated calls to authorities, Cruz was never arrested – and was basically cleared as being “no threat to anyone or himself,” as one therapist said in a police report from Sept. 28, 2016.

In that particular call, the sheriff’s office said Nikolas and his mother were fighting over paperwork needed for him to get an ID card

In their report, deputies detailed how the teen had been harming himself and had talked about buying a gun.

“He had been cutting his arms, his mother said, to get attention, as he learned it from an ex-girlfriend,” deputies said. “He has mentioned in the past that he would like to purchase a firearm.”

The therapist on scene, Jared Bienenfeld with Henderson Mental Health, and the deputies concluded there were “no signs of mental illness or criminal activity.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/1...fbi-cops-school-but-warning-signs-missed.html

If anyone is going to have signs of deeper needs, I think this family did. Repeated calls of abuse (violence?), counseling, didn't get them anywhere. It’s no wonder families with mental health needs children complain that there is no help for them. To me, this family was screaming “danger ahead” :curses:

from your article linked:

— dating back to 2010 -- with one report saying sheriff’s deputies responded to his home more than 35 times in just six years.

— [calls show] two erratic and violent boys who repeatedly “threw items,” were “out of control” and fought with their mother and each other on an apparently regular basis.

— “He had been cutting his arms, his mother said, to get attention, as he learned it from an ex-girlfriend,” deputies said. “He has mentioned in the past that he would like to purchase a firearm.”

— The therapist on scene, Jared Bienenfeld with Henderson Mental Health, and the deputies concluded there were “no signs of mental illness or criminal activity.”And much like the calls before – which were placed due to reasons ranging from the brothers beating each other to Cruz, at the age of 12, threating his mother and calling her a “useless b****” – law enforcement left without taking any further action.

— According to reports, Cruz and his brother both suffered from mental health issues, including ADHD and OCD, and took medication as treatment

"He is a deeply troubled young man; a child that has endured significant loss," Gordon Weekes, chief assistant for Broward County's public defender's office, told reporters Thursday. "He fell between the cracks and we have to try to save him now."

Despite the repeated calls to authorities, Cruz was never arrested – and was basically cleared as being “no threat to anyone or himself,” as one therapist said in a police report from Sept. 28, 2016.

In that particular call, the sheriff’s office said Nikolas and his mother were fighting over paperwork needed for him to get an ID card

In their report, deputies detailed how the teen had been harming himself and had talked about buying a gun.

“He had been cutting his arms, his mother said, to get attention, as he learned it from an ex-girlfriend,” deputies said. “He has mentioned in the past that he would like to purchase a firearm.”

The therapist on scene, Jared Bienenfeld with Henderson Mental Health, and the deputies concluded there were “no signs of mental illness or criminal activity.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/1...fbi-cops-school-but-warning-signs-missed.html

Wow. I’m actually speechless. Kids he went to school with could see it and trained professionals missed it???? Perhaps a 5 minute interview at the scene is not enough to make a proper assessment. Smh

Sorry I lost my own point getting off on the rant. I think if anyone wants to place any blame it should be locally. In other words the neighbors, churches and school administrators who just expelled him out of their lives and sight instead of getting him and his family who was clearly overwhelmed some help.

When I was growing up, the biggest Sin was embarrassing the family or the family name.

JMO

Sad when i found out how old she was when she passed

it is hard enough managing a child with autism -- at that age I cant imagine

there was one thing on one of the calls they read that was like he was beating her it was like geriatric assault or something like that

now, don't know if it could have been the other way around but those were the words

there is also some judgement error in posting his professional school shooter under your correct name

a 10 year old might not consider such but....

folks good on SM can you check out the dates of some of the postings if there still around

I am curious about how they surround OCt nov when she died

and if there was an uptick in aggressive postings during the timeframe mom was very sick

Sad when i found out how old she was when she passed

it is hard enough managing a child with autism -- at that age I cant imagine

there was one thing on one of the calls they read that was like he was beating her it was like geriatric assault or something like that

now, don't know if it could have been the other way around but those were the words

there is also some judgement error in posting his professional school shooter under your correct name

a 10 year old might not consider such but....

folks good on SM can you check out the dates of some of the postings if there still around

I am curious about how they surround OCt nov when she died

and if there was an uptick in aggressive postings during the timeframe mom was very sick

In Fl. there's a charge- 'Abuse on an Elder' where assault on anyone 60 yrs. or older is charged.

My heart hurt so much!

I read one parent's acount about their daughter, who took a bullet to the back, completely shattering one of her lungs and all of her ribs... she also took several bullets to her shoulder that traveled the entire length of her left arm before exiting.

She's already had several surgeries to place a titanium rib cage amoung other things, and there will be more to come in the future.

And her parents say, they are "greatful". Very aware of those who lost their children forever.

I try not weigh in on motive, for these mass atrocities. The complexities are often beyond my understanding. I don't want to put on a veneer of simplicity, or suggest that enacting some legislation is the Holy Grail that we are all looking for here.

But today I want to say , In my opinion only... Americans are reaping what they've sown. Contrary to the spoiled rotten theory some subscribe to, I believe our children have been increasingly neglected, forgotten, disregarded, pressured, and abused.

My opinion will not be a popular one I'm sure, (but hey when has that ever stopped me?), take away the guns and you'll still be left with some angry, dead inside, violent, injured, psychopathic young people who will find a way to wreck havoc reguarless.

Way back when stay-at-home-mom became a dirty word (title?) we started to kick our young people to the curb.

You know... we can "Bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan and never ever let him forget he's a man"... remember that commercial? That Ad campaign? Yeah we haven't had time for our kids since then I think, and it's only gotten worse.

I see it every day...when I walk my reluctant 13 year old daughter to watch her get on the bus at 6:45 a.m. every morning (because I want to, not because I have to)... but I see barely three year old kids being shoved on school buses.. One little boy kicks and screams.. Every. Morning. They pry him off of his parent and toss them on to that bus everyday

Maybe it's a necessity for that family. I don't know but it can't be a good thing for that child. I often wonder how his emotional health will be in the future.

Many other countries have far, far more support for families than we do here in America.

We are even known as the "No Vacation Nation". Why is that a good thing? Why is that something we're proud of? That we work ourselves into early graves and neglect our youth and it's considered a good a "Work Ethic"?

Hell, at least we're not lazy! :mad:

American young people have become angrier, and more violent than ever. Why isn't it ever "Time" for a discussion about why that is?
IMO, you hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk

totally off topic levity break

you know i cant type

my spelling

want to make what sounds like

beef charmadine or something

you can make fake with mustard

but until i know how to spell charmadine or whatever i cant remember what meat

In Fl. there's a charge- 'Abuse on an Elder' where assault on anyone 60 yrs. or older is charged.

Details about the calls to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office — obtained from police records by CNN — were not immediately available and it was impossible to determine if all involved Cruz.

But the nature of the emergencies at his Parkland home included “mentally ill person,” “child/elderly abuse,” “domestic disturbance” and “missing person,” KTLA reported.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-shooters-home-39-times-over-seven-years/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe there is another mass shooting that had this many warning signs. This is a good read and as far as I have seen it is the only news outl3t actually focusing on the missed signs and the failure after reporting this individual

This is a main aspect we should be focusing on.

Excerpt

Snipped for focus.

Cutting? Yeah... no. No matter how you justify the reason for the cutting or whose fault it is, you still need to dig deep to figure out why your child is self-harming, even if it is 'just to get attention'. There are probably deeper issues. Sad. [emoji20]

Wow. I’m actually speechless. Kids he went to school with could see it and trained professionals missed it???? Perhaps a 5 minute interview at the scene is not enough to make a proper assessment. Smh

LE in my experience really did not want to deal with mental stuff. It was overt they would laugh in the office make fun of them .

Like many still today there basic attitude was this mental stuff is BS I have real things to do

this from direct personal experience for years

Stupid stuff like screaming at someone who is seeing things to stop yelling

screaming at an individual who is seeing things does not exactly calm the distressed ill person down

problems with following a directive in the office met with all sorts of not ok stuff

would try to explain to them they are not being non compliant they are scared confused dont understand afraid

Was not high their list . They would not come for ages -- don't remember their slang but is was something like oh sh$$ got another nut job call

they hated transporting them they were being transferred to acute settings - tranlation-- there are a lot of people walking around talking to themselves screaming making no sense hitting themselves you know what I mean .

They just did not like being around it -- at all

this was not a one time call guys

sadly from this I have learned that not much as changed

actually (will get covered up) it is against the law to blow off someone that is a danger to self or others

CNN now announcing news from FBI that they received a tip about Cruz as a dangerous risk on Jan 5. No steps were taken to forward it to the Miami field office.

beep beep beep beep breaking now

FBI was called another time with specific concerns (Jan this year) about him doing a school shooting

it was a very specific call

they acknowledged they messed up

Wray is investigating

the cops that blew off some of the 30 calls have some problems ahead of them when the director of the FBI is looking into this

MSNBC

I don't believe there is another mass shooting that had this many warning signs. This is a good read and as far as I have seen it is the only news outl3t actually focusing on the missed signs and the failure after reporting this individual

This is a main aspect we should be focusing on.

And two of the comments written by readers are spot on. Glad to see lots of people commenting on many US sites who are covering all issues, getting a full picture on what needs to be done to resolve this, unafraid of spelling things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025