FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video at this link said the Change.org petition now has over 500,000 signatures. If you haven't signed it yet, please go there and support the Martin family in their quest for justice.

I did that yesterday, Belinda, and also forwarded the page to all of my relatives and friends!!

I am hoping the petition will continue to get mad amounts of signatures to show the DOJ that the only one who doesn't get it is the Sanford PD.

This poor kid was being hunted down, IMO.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...death-recounts/story?id=15959017#.T2hu3XlYHTo

(snip)
"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run."
Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.
"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."
The line went dead. Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.

Wow, and now this GF is scarred for the rest of her life! Thanks for posting this. So much for the notion Tray "jumped" him from behind. How can her testimoney go over in court? Are you still a technically a witness, if its over the phone? Verbal witness?

Let me add a few other things here, i workout alot and still play basketball 1 month shy of being 38. At 205 lbs, an 140 lb kid would have ZERO shot vs me in an altercation. But... that doesn't mean i'd walk away scott free. I don't know when the last time most of the folk here have gotten into a fight or any contact sport. But the nose... bleeds pretty easily. So does your head, due to the epidermal layer being so thin. I would trounce a kid that weight, but STILL walk away with some bruises, especially if the kid is an athelete. GZ is reported to be about 250 lbs. There is no way, NO WAY, Zimmerman was losing a wrestling match on the ground to Tray. There's a reason why wrestlers of ALL variations, have to fight by weight class. Why? If i've got you by about 30 lbs, then i have an advantage. If i have you by 100 lbs... it will be a very short match. So please, the self defense nonsense is insulting to my and everyone else's intelligence!!! IMO

Last thing, i know i've repeated myself, with the eventuality of this being a 1st Degree Murder sentence. But also... i'd like to point out, and keep point out, that some heads will roll also at the PD for the way they handled this. IMO.

Wow, and now this GF is scarred for the rest of her life! Thanks for posting this. So much for the notion Tray "jumped" him from behind. How can her testimoney go over in court? Are you still a technically a witness, if its over the phone? Verbal witness?

Let me add a few other things here, i workout alot and still play basketball 1 month shy of being 38. At 205 lbs, an 140 lb kid would have ZERO shot vs me in an altercation. But... that doesn't mean i'd walk away scott free. I don't know when the last time most of the folk here have gotten into a fight or any contact sport. But the nose... bleeds pretty easily. So does your head, due to the epidermal layer being so thin. I would trounce a kid that weight, but STILL walk away with some bruises, especially if the kid is an athelete. GZ is reported to be about 250 lbs. There is no way, NO WAY, Zimmerman was losing a wrestling match on the ground to Tray. There's a reason why wrestlers of ALL variations, have to fight by weight class. Why? If i've got you by about 30 lbs, then i have an advantage. If i have you by 100 lbs... it will be a very short match. So please, the self defense nonsense is insulting to my and everyone else's intelligence!!! IMO

Last thing, i know i've repeated myself, with the eventuality of this being a 1st Degree Murder sentence. But also... i'd like to point out, and keep point out, that some heads will roll also at the PD for the way they handled this. IMO.

Great post! Heads oughta roll at the PD! They really botched this case, IMO.

I just signed the petition at change.org and shared it on FB. There are over 523,000 signatures!

wm

Zimmerman was a man on a mission. He was playing a game of cat and mouse with Trayvon. I can't even imagine how Trayvon must have felt. Zimmerman knew the moment he stepped outside of his vehicle with a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic pistol that he was going to kill Trayvon.

~jmo~

BBM Zimmerman's father was quoted as saying that Zimmerman never "followed" or "confronted" Tray? Lee says Zimmerman did confront Tray? Sounds like someone didn't get the right script!

Also, according to newer reports, they are claiming that Zimmerman has stated that he was checking for the name of the street and when he was walking back to his car, Tray attacked him?

Zimmerman did follow Tray and there's a recording that proves it. When he called the PD the dispatcher asked if he was following the suspect and when he responded "yes", the dispatcher told him NOT to continue to follow him.
This cop "wannabe" should be made to pay. The FBI is now on the case. We'll see.

It just gets worse and worse.

How LE just accepted his claim of self defense boggles the mind.

It feels like the only thing missing from this tragedy are the white hoods. Thers's no question, at least in my mind, that this is racial. This isn't a case of a suspicious kid who happened to be black, this is a case of all blacks are suspicious.

It's great that the FBI and DOJ are now involved, however it is really sad that it took outrage on the part of citizens to finally get justice rolling. What would have happened had everyone not heard about this? We should shudder at how often this happens to other black kids who we may never hear about.

God Bless his family and friends. And God Bless all those for speaking out and standing up for injustices like this.

JMHO

This poor kid was being hunted down, IMO.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...death-recounts/story?id=15959017#.T2hu3XlYHTo

(snip)
"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run."
Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.
"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."
The line went dead. Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.

O.M.G. I am speechless!

G Z is toast. He wasn't counting on this kind of witness.

This might sound a little silly, but it gives me a little comfort knowing he was talking to a friend before this terrible thing happened.

see now if the police had actually investigated the incident at all, they'd have known Trayvon was on the phone and gotten this information to "debunk" the self-defense claim immediately.

The police had no intention of investigating. They just let him go. If there wasn't such an outcry over it, no one would have ever heard another word about it. I want to know why they covered GZ's butt and I want them fired for it.

BBM One could say the same thing about Trayvon Martin too.

When I first read about this case, I wondered if GZ's injuries were self-inflicted. I know he could have fallen, they may have scuffled, but I still wish someone had examined GZ that night and made a determination. Also should have done a blood test for alcohol, drugs in GZ's system. JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...death-recounts/story?id=15959017#.T2iTBsVukRO

I am so sad for his parents. Devastating.

I do not think GZ suffers from Rambo Syndrome. I think he is a classic case of someone with Hero Syndrome. His ego demands that he be recognized by people as a Hero. I think being self appointed captain of the watch fed that ego need. I believe the man used that position to strut arround, again feeding his ego. I believe he called LE all those times because he worships LE and craved the constant contact.

I believe this man was a ticking time bomb and Tray was just the collateral damage that was eventual when that bomb went off. People like GZ scare me more than the criminals. IMO GZ has now become a criminal, all in pursuit of courting the good favor of the public and LE for that ego boost he so obviously craved.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_syndrome"]Hero syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The hero syndrome is a phenomenon affecting people who seek heroism or recognition, usually by creating a desperate situation which they can resolve. This can include unlawful acts, such as arson. The phenomenon has been noted to affect civil servants, such as firefighters, nurses, police officers, and security guards.[1]

I think GZ was "high" on himself in all his crime watch gun toting glory :(

I think his whole self image was tied up in his distorted view of himself as the savior of the neighborhood, protecting his grateful community from those "a-holes" and he was not about to let THIS one get away like they always do.

SANFORD, Fla. -- State Attorney Norm Wolfinger announced Tuesday his decision that a grand jury will investigate the Trayvon Martin case.

(snip)

Seminole County Grand Jury which will be called to session on Tuesday, April 10, 2012. Wolfinger said he will use grand jury's "investigative resources."

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/30721590/detail.html#ixzz1pfW8IfxT

That sounds EXACTLY like what Zimmerman said/thought about Martin.

"looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something."

http://www.huliq.com/12092/trayvon-martin-shooting-911-calls-reveal-teen-killed-begging-his-life

The major difference is that we heard GZ speaking, it was his own words and actions that lead some to think he may have been drunk or on drugs.

I don't know how anyone could tell or why they would automtically assume that a kid just walking down the street, was on drugs or something or up to no good.

And then decide on his own that Trayvon was another one of those *advertiser censored******* that always get away.

JMHO

Undoubtedly drug and alcohol levels were taken during autopsy. It's GZ that skated out of it.

IMO, GZ didn't sound like he was drunk or high on the 911 call. When are we gonna see the autopsy report and where are the dash cam vids?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668