FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read any of the police reports but I have seen posts that the initial police report did not mention any injuries to GZ. However, the supplemental police report does.

Is that the case?

If so, why would that be left off of the initial police report. That doesn't seem like a small detail to me.

IMO
I only read one report on this thread and it was on there.
However in an earlier thread I have read that 2 reports exist
so that would be a good question.

The 13 year old doesn't know who was screaming for help. 13 year old says he only saw one man on the ground (and at least one article claimed that man was wearing red, so that would make this man Zimmerman). MC doesn't claim she saw who was screaming for help either.

Right. The article stated that "some media" have twisted what the 13 yo said in order to fit a self defense theory. This same 13 yo boy is the one who reported that GZ was wearing a white shirt and NOT a red jacket/sweater. That is why some of us questioned when GZ would have had time to put on a jacket/sweater and where was it when he was on the ground with Trayvon.

It just makes it even more convoluted when the media spins things.

I thought that it had been reported that Zimmerman was the Neighborhood Watch captain for 10 months? That would only make him onthe job for 5 months? Let me go see if I can find a link. BRB.
It's not a job, at least not where I live- it's a volunteer position with my city's LE. I will call the non-emergency number if I spot suspicious activity in the neighborhood, like a break in, kids loitering in numbers like a gang, illegal fireworks being shot off, someone driving dangerously, crazy neighbor who was terrorizing neighborhood... That's all the examples I can think of, fortunately I don't live in a high crime neighborhood.

Mine does not. I just called my cell from my house phone and nothing is listed as a missed call when it is turned off. So it goes right into voicemail and if you do you know the phone is off and you either leave a message or you don't. If you leave no message there is no record on your personal phone. jmo
OK
I was with AT&T and very recntly with T-Mobil and mine does.

People keep bringing up the fact that it was a narcotics officer, not a homicide officer that did the intial investigation. What are the different training qualifications between a narcotics officer and a hoicide officer? I am sure on a small force such as Sanford's, most officers are cross trained in areas, perhaps to the extent the only difference is in title alone. Anyone know?

I can give my past experiences with Sanford PD when I worked in my "former life" as a security supervisor in Seminole County Schools. Most of the PDs in the area have officers that are on regular patrol but that receive special training in other areas. Many of those I worked with, for instance, were considered on the gang task force, but they were still on regular patrol as well. We all attended special meetings and briefings with the Seminole County Sheriff's, for instance, to keep updated on gang activity in that area and these officers would often be called to a scene if gang activity was suspected. Not all the officers attended these meetings as there just wasn't enough time for everyone to be involved in everything. They often are briefed separately and put more focus on their specialty, but back then at least they were just as capable as the next cop to attend to or secure a scene or deal with suspects, take a report, etc.

Mine does not. I just called my cell from my house phone and nothing is listed as a missed call when it is turned off. So it goes right into voicemail and if you do you know the phone is off and you either leave a message or you don't. If you leave no message there is no record on your personal phone. jmo

I just tried the same thing. I shut down my phone and then called it. It doesn't show a missed call and it doesn't show in my call history.

I called it again after I powered it back up and it shows as a missed call and it shows in my call history.

Right. The article stated that "some media" have twisted what the 13 yo said in order to fit a self defense theory. This same 13 yo boy is the one who reported that GZ was wearing a white shirt and NOT a red jacket/sweater. That is why some of us questioned when GZ would have had time to put on a jacket/sweater and where was it when he was on the ground with Trayvon.

It just makes it even more convoluted when the media spins things.

No, 13 year old boy is not the one who reported GZ was wearing a white t-shirt. <modsnip>

How would anyone know why he did it? It could just as easily be assumed what Zimmerman assumed; He was doing it to hide his face from the man who was following him.

It was reported that he did it to get out of the rain, that he ducked under an awning to get out of the rain.

A duck would be in and out, I would imagine anyone following him or seeing him would be smart enough to put two and two together, it's raining, a kid ducks under an awning. No major suspicious conspiracy there.

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...timeline-leaves-many-unanswered-questions.php

Zimmerman made the call about the Neighborhood watch program in August 2011 according to this article....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T25fPDH2b2Z

So GZ is responsible for setting this up, he makes 46 calls since January with complaints and he ends up confronting someone and they end up dead.

GZ's father is a retired judge. I wonder if he called his father and if he did how soon after he shot TM? jmo

"At shortly before 7:15, George Zimmerman, who volunteered for the development's neighborhood watch, spots Trayvon standing outside the development's clubhouse near the community mailboxes, where the teen had ducked under an awning to get out of the rain. "

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...timeline-leaves-many-unanswered-questions.php

I thought it had been originally reported that GZ stated Trayvon ducked under someones porch to get out of the rain.

Thanks for clearing that up with your link.

"At shortly before 7:15, George Zimmerman, who volunteered for the development's neighborhood watch, spots Trayvon standing outside the development's clubhouse near the community mailboxes, where the teen had ducked under an awning to get out of the rain. "

This article shows Trayvon to being even LESS "suspicious" looking by clarifying that Trayvon did NOT duck under a condo owner's porch...he ducked under the awning of the clubhouse/mailbox area!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm even more PO'd knowing this HUGE detail!!!!!

So GZ is responsible for setting this up, he makes 46 calls since January with complaints and he ends up confronting someone and they end up dead.

GZ's father is a retired judge. I wonder if he called his father and if he did how soon after he shot TM? jmo

I'm hoping the DOJ looks into his phone records. I would like to know too.

I would also really like to see Zimmerman's original written statement. Not one written a day or two later. One that was written/recorded that night.

If I was being followed by a man twice my size, and wanted to confront him as to why, I certainly would not just wheel around, I would circle up behind, to catch him unaware with the element of surprise.

Why would he need to circle around? He could have just turned around to confront him. Why do you find that likely?

I'm hoping the DOJ looks into his phone records. I would like to know too.

I would also really like to see Zimmerman's original written statement. Not one written a day or two later. One that was written/recorded that night.

Yes, that certainly would be interesting. He did interview without a lawyer for a long time.

Yes, that certainly would be interesting. He did interview without a lawyer for a long time.

Please don't tell me we are going to have to go through the whole Casey Anthony/ Miranda Warning with Zimmerman now too? If he tries to pull something like that... wow!!

Please don't tell me we are going to have to go through the whole Casey Anthony/ Miranda Warning with Zimmerman now too? If he tries to pull something like that... wow!!
Zimmerman was not arrested so wouldn't have been given Miranda warning.

It is also on the police report that SFD Rescue treated him and "cleared" him.
Then he was taken to police headquarters.

Really? With a broken nose and a head wound requiring stitches?

Why wouldn't he have been taken to a hospital?

It did not say anywhere a broken nose or requiring stitches
It said bleeding from the nose and behind the head.

How would anyone know why he did it? It could just as easily be assumed what Zimmerman assumed; He was doing it to hide his face from the man who was following him.
How does a hoodie hide your face? It covers everything but your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah