FL - 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://globalgrind.com/news/gerldo-rivera-son-ashamed-commentary-trayvon-martin-hoodie-details

And I am so proud of Geraldo's son for speaking his mind. I said I wasn't getting involved with another case until after my brother's murderer's trial, but someone has to be a voice for these children. Gabriel Miguel Rivera, I salute you. A hoodie? Really Geraldo? What planet are you from? Tsk Tsk and I will be buying my son a new hoodie when the UK Wildcats win the NCAA!

(((((((Tulessa)))))))))))))

Glad to have you here. Bless you!

Jewell did nothing, Duke players nada but they were accused. GZ shot and killed Trayvon-he's dead isn't he? Who shot him? Is there any disagreement over that? No, so GZ is not being unfairly targeted. The only issue is whether the killer acted in self defense and since the killer's history and prior actions and words and actions that night are of record and since only the killer has the ability to speak having rendered the other party dead, he has a benefit to be gained from lying about the circumstances of how he came to kill the person and his "story" does not match the facts. There is no evidence he was jumped from behind while looking for a street sign or number but that is the story the police told without ANY investigation.

If someone shot and killed your child wouldn't you expect them to at least be arrested? to have homicide detectives secure the scene and evidence? to have the shooter drug and alcohol tested? etc etc. Everything that happened here can be explained in one simple way, race. GZ saw a black boy and said criminal, shot him and the police come and assume he's a criminal too and so no big deal. They test the victim but not the killer. If anyone thinks this is appropriate justice in this country I think you'll find yourself in a real minority.

BBM

Do you have a source that confirms this is what he told the police, and that the police believed this "without ANY investigation"? I've also seen a lot of this floating around here. Unsubstantiated claims that there was no investigation and word were taken at face value.

I would expect justice to be carried out. To phrase it in that way is an appeal to emotion and not a valid debating tactic, IMO. Whether my child is the victim or not has little to do with the fourth amendment and the statutory laws of Florida.

the point being he didn't DO what he was suspected of!!!!! No one disputes GZ SHOT and KILLED Trayvon-that's the POINT! I don't know anything about Jewell or the bombing and I don't need to go read up on it
to know it isn't relevant here.

Pretend bomber?

You're not aware that everyone assumed Richard Jewell was responsible for killing two people and injuring 111 because that's how the media portrayed the case? Eric Rudolph certainly was not a pretend bomber, and another man's life was ruined for it.

The key takeaway is that the media can ruin lives based on how they're portraying things. We realistically know very little about the moments leading up to the shooting, yet there's a veritable lynch mob out for Zimmerman. Let's say he's acquitted of all charges and all of the evidence in the world backs his story up; do you think he's going to be able to avoid the repercussions of the media's persecution and subsequent assumption of guilt expressed by most of the general public?

As did Bundy
Bundy approached women in parking lots and asked them to help him load things into his vehicle.

If Zimmerman was in his car, do you believe he could have pulled Martin through the window - especially if Martin was several feet away?

Not as big as the other rounds listed (save for the .22LR). And that's even if it comes out. And again, what does this have to do with anything? The size of the entrance wound doesn't matter in terms of hemorrhaging. It's the shot placement plus the wound cavity.

Nonsense. A 9mm slug is bigger then any of those I listed except for the 50 cal.

Bundy approached women in parking lots and asked them to help him load things into his vehicle.

If Zimmerman was in his car, do you believe he could have pulled Martin through the window - especially if Martin was several feet away?

If...

doesn't matter because we know for a FACT that Zimmerman was NOT in his car at some point...

the point being he didn't DO what he was suspected of!!!!! No one disputes GZ SHOT and KILLED Trayvon-that's the POINT! I don't know anything about Jewell or the bombing and I don't need to go read up on it
to know it isn't relevant here.

But the media at the time certainly "knew" he did it. The issue is an assumption of guilt. The media is certain that Zimmerman was unjustified and killed a child in cold blood. The circumstances surrounding the shooting are murky at best (at least to the general public). In both scenarios, the public is preparing to string up a man before he's even gone to trial. That Zimmerman shot a child is secondary. The issue is whether he did it justifiably or not, and that is where the parallel comes in. The media has already made up their mind and is influencing the public perception of the case. That is not right.

If...

doesn't matter because we know for a FACT that Zimmerman was NOT in his car at some point...
That is not the point that was being addressed. The question was about Zimmerman being in his car at the time. Not on foot.

Thank you.

What did you infer that from? The question wasn't if Martin was running, it was if Zimmerman could catch up to a running Martin. If not, that would imply that Martin found Zimmerman.

JMO

Zimmerman stated Trayvon started to run. Then we heard the sound of Zimmerman running. At around the same time, Trayvon's girlfriend reported that Trayvon thought the stranger was gone and no longer following him, when Zimmerman suddenly appeared and confronted him.

Zimmerman knew the area well. Trayvon did not. Zimmerman followed him on car and then got out and ran after Trayvon on foot. Zimmerman easily could have caught up if Trayvon stopped running or walking fast because he thought he lost the strange man, or if Zimmerman cut him off, using another route.

We do not need you to follow him is not the same as DONT FOLLOW HIM.
Ummm, yeah it is! It's more indirect, but the message is the same. George Zimmerman chose to ignore it because he wanted to get a black man. He was a vigilante, he had NO authority to carry a gun or pursue him in his capacity as Neighborhood Watch. Let's not blame the dispatcher here- it's not the Josh Powell case!

Trayvon's father was told by the police that Trayvon had Zimmerman on the ground with his hand over his mouth telling him to shut the ****** up and he was able to get the gun out of his pants and shoot him. He says they told him that Trayvon then sat back and told Zimmerman that "you got me."

BBM

Do you have a source that confirms this is what he told the police, and that the police believed this "without ANY investigation"? I've also seen a lot of this floating around here. Unsubstantiated claims that there was no investigation and word were taken at face value.

I would expect justice to be carried out. To phrase it in that way is an appeal to emotion and not a valid debating tactic, IMO. Whether my child is the victim or not has little to do with the fourth amendment and the statutory laws of Florida.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...case-george-zimmerman-bill-lee_n_1371635.html

At some point Martin noticed that he was being trailed, Lee has said. The chief said Martin turned and confronted Zimmerman, asking why he was being followed. At that point Lee said a confrontation ensued. Lee says that Zimmerman said he stepped out of his truck to jot down the address to give to a 911 dispatcher when Martin attacked him from behind.

So first there was a confrontation, then Zimmerman walked away, jotted down a street address, and Trayvon jumped him from behind? He makes it sound like there was two confrontations?

and yes for those wondering - Trayvon's father stated that Zimmerman weighed 250 pounds so that should clear up any confusion about that particular fact.

bbm

LE should have been investigating a HOMICIDE. Period. There job is not to prove or disprove self-defense. That was mistake number 1. The biggest mistake IMO.

Please do not think that the SPD is doing a sloppy job only in this case. There is a history. I hope they clean house as a result of the investigation by the justice dept.
JMO

Interesting. Tray's father on Dateline just said that the initial story that LE told him was that TM was atop GZ, TM's hand over GZ's mouth, and just "whaling on him," that GZ was somehow able to unholster his gun and shot TM. His father says that LE told him TM reared up and said, "You got me, man."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710