FL - 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, he's right - I was like, are you kidding me, then I took a minute to look it up. No kids around here to ask:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goons

goons
Known as Gangstaz and killers. Partners who ride and die together.
1)"I'll come to your house, me and my goons
Loadin up bangers, ridin under the moon
Throwin up fingers sayin "My side rule"-Lil wayne

2)You shouldnt had f'd wit tyrone, his goons are comin to whoop your *advertiser censored**.

_______
I also have to agree that the other "c" word is not something a 28 year old man would use, unless he was raised by the KKK.

But why would Zimmerman be referring to Trayvon in that manner? He and Trayvon certainly were not "goons" together. & by him saying effing goons, it certainly doesn't sound endearing. I don't say I love my effing kids, or that my spouse is an effing sweetheart...

I don't buy it...

Speculation here: but racism is often passed down through generations...we don't know where Zimmerman would have heard/picked up a term like that, but he does certainly have older relatives and possibly friends. There's no such thing as an old racial slur.

& I doubt he would have been so blatant as to say the word N99999 which certainly would have been more clear. I think he muttered the "c" word never intending for anyone to pick up on it, much less have it analyzed.

IMO MOO JMO

Actually, he's right - I was like, are you kidding me, then I took a minute to look it up. No kids around here to ask:

goons

2)You shouldnt had f'd wit tyrone, his goons are comin to whoop your *advertiser censored**.

_______
I also have to agree that the other "c" word is not something a 28 year old man would use, unless he was raised by the KKK.

he said the C word not goons and yes it is a horrible racial slur there is nothing endearing about that word...

edit to add...people say it all the time in a racist way, they don't have to be raised by the kkk...I have heard that word my entire life and have never hung around with the kkk....and i should add i do my best to stay away from people that talk like that because I find it discusting, offensive, rude, and honestly feel like slapping them when i hear it....okay..off my rant...

he said coons not goons and yes it is a horrible racial slur there is nothing endearing about that word...

You might want to edit out the c-word? but I totally agree with you!

he said [snip] not goons and yes it is a horrible racial slur there is nothing endearing about that word...
It sounds like "punks" to me. You can hear him pop the mic on the "P". JMO

goons

_______

LOL, I find it confusing. You also say coon's age but that is not racial.
Coon is derived from raccoon, a nifty looking animal with quite some white on it.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/26/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

There is evidence that the Twin Lakes homeowners' association told residents who saw suspicious activity to call Zimmerman if they could not contact the police, according to a statement by the journalists group.

What the he**! If you can call Zimmerman, you can dial 911. Seems from this that the HOA knew full well that Zimmerman was doing his armed patrols and acting in a LE capacity when he should not have been. This screams "liability"
and "civil suit" to me!

JMO MOO IMO

Have you shot anyone? I'm just asking, because that's a lot of thinking after you've shot someone? I would think the instinctive thing to do would be to drop the gun and continue screaming for help?

You are taught what to do in training for a concealed weapons permit, he didn't have to really "think" about it, IMO. He did exactly the right thing. When LE arrived his hands were over his head, he told them where the gun was, and they retrieved it and cuffed him without incident.

The police report says 5'9", no weight listed. I've read media articles that state Trayvon was 6'3" to 6'5", 140-160....police reports states 6' 160.

I am 5'10", and soaking wet I weigh 130 - people try to feed me, so I can only imagine how thin 6'4", 140 would be...and thus, I suppose, the nick-name, "Slim"

I don't believe GZ is 250 at 5'9", there's a recent picture of him and even though it's from the neck up, he doesn't look that heavy. IMO

His nickname Slimm/slim. I don't think it refers to his physique. He had a few friends that were also Slims and there were some fb pages he liked that were Slimm oriented. See the urban dictionary for alternate meaning. Moo

LOL, I find it confusing. You also say coon's age but that is not racial.
Coon is derived from raccoon, a nifty looking animal with quite some white on it.

The racial slur came out of the early 1800's - there were blatantly racist traveling shows where the players dressed in black face. IIRC

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/26/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

What the he**! If you can call Zimmerman, you can dial 911. Seems from this that the HOA knew full well that Zimmerman was doing his armed patrols and acting in a LE capacity when he should not have been. This screams "liability"
and "civil suit" to me!

JMO MOO IMO

Can not blame the Martins for wanting to sue the HOA.
However, the SYG has another little thingy and I wonder how far reaching that is if GZ never does get charged but claims the SYG. statute.

1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer

His nickname Slimm/slim. I don't think it refers to his physique. He had a few friends that were also Slims and there were some fb pages he liked that were Slimm oriented. See the urban dictionary for alternate meaning. Moo

Like Slim Shady? Bet you're right, thanks :)

However, the SYG has another little thingy and I wonder how far reaching that is if GZ never does get charged but claims the SYG. statute.

1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer

Good point...not sure if the HOA would be protected from suit if GZ ends up being justified...

I guess that's a lawyer question?

I haven't been reading here about this case just because I've been busy, but I've read lots of stuff in the media.

I just want some justice to be done for Trayvon, who wasn't breaking any laws or doing anything to bother anybody that I can see (except Zimmerman, of course).

All I can say is that in my county of Tennessee, the only type of jacket allowed in public middle schools and high schools is a hoodie. Every school has a sale each summer with the school logo on it, or children can get one from a store as long as it is one of the school colors. This is required by the dress code!

Hoodies became a fixed rule after it was reported that the Columbine Killers wore large black army-style coats. Hoodies were seen as a good alternative because they are democratic in that everyone looks the same and the colors can match any dress code. They are warm enough for the occasionally cold days in the south, but light enough to wear all day in class if kids want to do that.

Every sports team, whether baseball, softball, football - you name it - has a hoodie attached to it, and as parents we buy hundreds and thousands of these.

No one asks whether kids are black or white before giving them a school or sports hoodie. Every child of every color wears one. And this must be repeated millions of times over across the country.

Many adults wear them too. I bought my husband a nice warm hoodie last year for Christmas!

So when jerks like Geraldo Rivera try to excuse this shooting by blaming it on the fact that Trayvon wore a hoodie, it makes me want to scream!!! :banghead: I can only imagine how the families in that town feel right now.

I have personally never heard of children being profiled for wearing a hoodie, especially outdoors in the rain. Geraldo needs to retire before he embarrasses himself further (if that's possible).

I can't tell you how many times my own children and dozens of other kids have walked around our neighborhood wearing a hoodie. To think that someone might have run out and shot them for it makes me completely furious, and also very sad. :(

he said the C word not goons and yes it is a horrible racial slur there is nothing endearing about that word...
That is what you think you heard, no doubt.

edit to add...people say it all the time in a racist way, they don't have to be raised by the kkk...I have heard that word my entire life and have never hung around with the kkk....and i should add i do my best to stay away from people that talk like that because I find it discusting, offensive, rude, and honestly feel like slapping them when i hear it....okay..off my rant...
You know, I didn't mean "literally" raised by the KKK, it was meant figuratively. I should have said "or raised by ignorant racists". Literally.

But why would Zimmerman be referring to Trayvon in that manner? He and Trayvon certainly were not "goons" together. & by him saying effing goons, it certainly doesn't sound endearing. I don't say I love my effing kids, or that my spouse is an effing sweetheart...

I don't buy it...

Speculation here: but racism is often passed down through generations...we don't know where Zimmerman would have heard/picked up a term like that, but he does certainly have older relatives and possibly friends. There's no such thing as an old racial slur.

& I doubt he would have been so blatant as to say the word N99999 which certainly would have been more clear. I think he muttered the "c" word never intending for anyone to pick up on it, much less have it analyzed.

IMO MOO JMO

To be clear, I did not mean to infer the guy was right about whether or not Zimmerman said the "C" word, I meant he was right about the definition of "goon". I'm still on the fence and I don't know that I trust a media enhanced version. Been there in another case.

IMO, Zimmerman will have to get a much more lively attorney if he's going to survive all of this, not sure this one can fog up a mirror.

I'm surprised none of the usual high-profile guys haven't tried to take this on.

However, we don't even know if they had a true Watch program? It may have been one in 'appearance only' which means they likely didn't even have any written rules.

Zimmerman's Neighborhood Watch group was started in September after residents reported at least three burglaries in the previous weeks, according to police.

Crime-watch volunteers are instructed to call police when they see anything suspicious, said Wendy Dorival, volunteer-program coordinator for Sanford Police.

"We actually tell them not to confront someone suspicious," she said. "Call us. Our officers are the ones who are paid and trained to go out and deal with it."
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...olice-lieutenant-black-pioneers-celery-avenue

I can't find the link that said the neighborhood watch group was not registered with the national group.

552869_352435448132154_343061182402914_897567_868549981_n.jpg

Just heartbreaking...no matter what, this child was taken from the world far too soon...:tears::tears:Goodnight!!

Originally Posted by rotterdam
Personally I do not consider Fox MSM, rather even less reliable than any tabloid.
This snip makes absolutely no sense from that Fox article.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...erman-03232012

Why does it make no sense?

Because the earlier quote from the witness was:
"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

Those two statements don't seem consistent or at least as conclusive as the article headline seems to claim (Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro