FL - 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Zimmerman was never questioned, I wonder who he was talking to when he said he was screaming for help, but no one would help him...

In the initial report Officer Smith stated:
While the SFD was attending to Zimmerman I over heard him state I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me."
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

I guess Zimmerman was talking to one of the SFD EMTs?

a861c1ca731bb7317bf9b0fe17a22e55.jpg

I don't know if I'll make it to this rally when it begins. It's suppose to start at 4pm, so I doubt I'll be off of work by then. However, hopefully I can make it to it a bit later...
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/thousands-expected-attend-rally-trayvon-martins-fa/nLcgs/

They are supposed to submit a petition to the City calling for the arrest of George Zimmerman.

One interesting thing in the News article is they mention a thing a few of us here have brought up in these threads. That being how the HOA could be targeted for this incident. Yep, it could turn out regardless of whether Mr. Zimmerman is ever charged with a crime, the HOA and all those home owners will have to fork out a lot of money in a civil case... That could prove rather interesting because once their pocket book is in the cross hairs they may change their tune in respect to whether what they witnessed was murder or self-defense... Yes, I agree that's disturbing but it is reality.

In most instances don't talk to strangers is very good advice BUT if you are a kid, and you are lost or in trouble, and someone does not approach you closely, but simply askes you from a distance away if you are in trouble, then I think most lost or in trouble kids would tell you....Then is the time to call 911, if the kid responds by flipping you the bird, an ugly comment or rolls their eyes, it is highly likely that they really aren't in trouble....

I just don't get freaked out by a strange 9 yr old walking on the sidewalk by my house, no matter what color they are.

I agree with your entire post.

IMO, without resorting to a dictionary or wiki, "goons" means "thugs." I've thought that was what GZ probably said from the first I heard people claiming he used the "c" word (as the "c" word is an outdated term). I thought to myself, this is gonna be just like that "whitey/why'd he" tape.

I read this and think it is worth sharing... As a holder of a Concealed Weapons permit.. I have to admit that I am on the fence concerning the Stand Your Ground law.. Oh well.. here is an excert what I read.. what do y'all think ....

Zimmerman, the self-proclaimed neighborhood watch captain who shot Martin, will never successfully be recreated sympathetic, much less as the victim. With a 911 tape on file that shows that Zimmerman pursued Martin, regardless of the reason, and especially as he was informed that he shouldn’t do so, and that the police were on the way, Zimmerman was clearly in the wrong. Even if the new allegations are true, and Martin really was beating Zimmerman at the point in which Zimmerman shot him, it was still murder rather than self-defense simply because Zimmerman, not Martin, escalated the situation into one that became deadly.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/how-gun...ayvon-martin-messaging-war.html#ixzz1qDta3APR

I read this and think it is worth sharing... As a holder of a Concealed Weapons permit.. I have to admit that I am on the fence concerning the Stand Your Ground law.. Oh well.. here is an excert what I read.. what do y'all think ....

Zimmerman, the self-proclaimed neighborhood watch captain who shot Martin, will never successfully be recreated sympathetic, much less as the victim. With a 911 tape on file that shows that Zimmerman pursued Martin, regardless of the reason, and especially as he was informed that he shouldn’t do so, and that the police were on the way, Zimmerman was clearly in the wrong. Even if the new allegations are true, and Martin really was beating Zimmerman at the point in which Zimmerman shot him, it was still murder rather than self-defense simply because Zimmerman, not Martin, escalated the situation into one that became deadly.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/how-gun...ayvon-martin-messaging-war.html#ixzz1qDta3APR

The trouble with that is even a meager attorney could argue that just because you call 911 and are told to disengage your right to self-defense doesn't evaporate.

All I want is a proper investigation which I believe is happening now. I do not believe that Trayvon's family was wrong in requesting an independent investigation. We know this is not the first misconduct by the police department? A Police Chief had just left office 10 months prior because a prior mishandled case.

I want Justice for Trayvon and that starts with a proper investigation.

ETA: 29,000 more signatures and Trayvon's petition will be at 2 million! Also want to say that I thought tonight's discussion was very informative and respectful. With that, I am off to watch my Amazing Race and Apprentice.

IMO, I think there's a good chance that even with a new investigation justice will not be done. I want the law changed so that there are no more senseless deaths like Trayvon's. It's a terrible law that allows innocent people to be shot and killed with no consequence. I find it very frustrating that the media and nation have decided to focus on race and not the legislation.

It has been previously stated the GZ was not on the phone to 911. He was on the regular police department line. (Please correct me if new facts have come to light.) Also, he wasn't told specifically not to follow TM. He was told "we don't need you to do that." Which is more of a suggestion than an order. Unfortunately, the law (as it now stands) may be on GZ's side.

IMO, I think there's a good chance that even with a new investigation justice will not be done. I want the law changed so that there are no more senseless deaths like Trayvon's. It's a terrible law that allows innocent people to be shot and killed with no consequence. I find it very frustrating that the media and nation have decided to focus on race and not the legislation.

I respectfully disagree I feel the stand your ground law is just fine... In fact I think more States should adopt it.

Anyhow I do agree that your likely correct that this new investigation won't suit the taste of those committed to a witch hunt. The lead prosecutor: Angela Corey said. "The stand-your-ground law is one portion of justifiable use of deadly force, And what that means is that the state must go forward and be able to prove it's case beyond a reasonable doubt… So it makes the case in general more difficult than a normal criminal case."

Oh I know, looking at someone's face, it's hard to tell, but there's usually a bit of a chin and his neck looks thin, IMO. ALL IMO.

Mary C. described GZ as a big guy, chunky, twice TM's size.

You are taught what to do in training for a concealed weapons permit, he didn't have to really "think" about it, IMO. He did exactly the right thing. When LE arrived his hands were over his head, he told them where the gun was, and they retrieved it and cuffed him without incident.

Actually having lived with a police officer GZ should have let them know when he had the dispatcher on the line and knew LE was coming out that he had a gun on him. It's for his safety and all those involved. jmo

That's not what I asked. You stated he had no business having the weapon there. I asked if you think he should have left his weapon in his car. TIA.

yes I do think so because I also think he should have left himself in the car too.

What do you base this opinion on? The clearly transparent reporting that the media has done? Or a prejudicial notion that police are bad and liars? Or something else? I'm genuinely curious as to why you think the police are lying when the media has done such a poor job in this case.

Absolutely, I think they are lying and covering their butts. They have acted with total bias since day 1. I expect nothing less of them now. IMO

ETA: In fact, I am generally extremely pro-LE, as my mother is a retired D.C. police officer. Sanford PD is in a league all by itself and their actions stink to high heaven.

Mr. Zimmerman crossed the line right here:

Operator asks, "Are you following him?" Zimmerman replies, "Yep."

Mr. Zimmerman crossed the line right here:

Operator asks, "Are you following him?" Zimmerman replies, "Yep."

I think GZ made a number of mistakes but his past calls to 911 indicate he was the type of guy that just could not let things go. jmo

Awe, poor Zimmerman. He's lost his life since Trayvon's murder according to his friend.

Friend: Watch captain would say he's sorry..

MIAMI (AP) — A man identified as a friend of the Florida neighborhood watch captain who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager said Monday the man would tell the teen's parents he's "very, very sorry" if he could.

Speaking on ABC's "Good Morning America," Joe Oliver said George Zimmerman is not a racist and has virtually lost his own life since the shooting.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...ould-say-he-s-sorry-3434526.php#ixzz1qEADzWNl

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Friend-Watch-captain-would-say-he-s-sorry-3434526.php

It's definately NOT an op piece. It's a decent sized article on page A3. The reporter goes by "Dave Weber".

Does David Webber work for the sentinel? Or is it an opinion piece? I would like to email him and ask him some questions about that?

ETA: Also, could Trayvon have been suspended after missing detention from tardiness? Let's not immediately say someone is lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme