GUILTY FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well my point is,,,,PP told me in early feb like the first week that shar was on a road trip when AS was killed, so i have to ask myself this question, how did she know this at this time? heck dee dee had not even been charged at the time. do you see what i am saying. to say shar was on a road trip when as was killed, one would have to know when he exactly when he was killed. that's a no brainer.. isn't it true that pp picked you up and drove you down south?

Yes i believe it was after she sold her house.I am not 100% sure tho i know she was in port st joe for something and on her way back she picked me up.As for what PP told you I have no clue on how she knew unless when her a DDM got into it at the end of January DD told her then i did not stay any where close to them when they were talking because i did not want in no way to be involved in a murder investigation well looks like i did anyway.If i remember right DD was arrested what like Feb 2 because on the fifth they came to my motel and took me to the office and questioned me for a couple hours..and PP had already left plant city by then. I don't really know what she knows or what she don't.We really do not talk now.I have seen her twice since i moved.

I had that same gut feeling, that it will drag on for another year.well lets hope for and end soon,I spoken to my grandmother ,over the weekend she is still grieving over Abraham in a profound way ,almost brought me to tears,she is feel with regret ,anger and don't trust nobody.The death of Abraham has mar her life,and im beginning to be concern for her health.she cant find any enjoymentover the loss .angrey at those who used him,and suspecting of those who may have been....
So let continue to prey for her.

I had that same gut feeling, that it will drag on for another year.well lets hope for and end soon,I spoken to my grandmother ,over the weekend she is still grieving over Abraham in a profound way ,almost brought me to tears,she is feel with regret ,anger and don't trust nobody.The death of Abraham has mar her life,and im beginning to be concern for her health.she cant find any enjoymentover the loss .angrey at those who used him,and suspecting of those who may have been....
So let continue to prey for her.
well i hope you tell her land in gulf county florida was bought by shar,,,pp's son, dee dee boyfriend, and in my eyes that land belongs to her, because shar was just dee dee's little golden boy , living it up in a large way on Abraham's ill stolen money......

From my understanding the redhawk house is in AMP PEO and that company is in Deedee' name. The court papers said that anyway.. I could be wrong

From my understanding the redhawk house is in AMP PEO and that company is in Deedee' name. The court papers said that anyway.. I could be wrong

If you look at that one deed on Redhawk, I'd say you are right, it is the PEO. But at the time she bought it she owned both the PEO and the LLC. On other documents, she has used AMP, PEO, LLC with both companies. Since the attorney is not here to tell us, I would hazard a guess that the lawyer is going to cover all bases to get a clear title and have the owner of the LLC sign off on the properties. And since she is willing to do the right thing and turn the properties over voluntarily, he can clear up at least the LLC portion. From the sounds of it from that article, though, Dorice may try to fight him for the ownership of the other properties. She's really probably got not much else to do with her time now. Inevitably in time she will lose, but again, as time is passing and the taxes are not getting paid on those properties, I wonder when the county will come in and take them over and put them up for sale at a tax auction.

Here in California it is 5 years before the can enforce collection through property or asset seizure .

I know there are some attorneys on the other pages. One even visited us here once. Too bad one of the Florida attorneys could not come and answer legal questions for us. I've been to the tax auctions in New York, but never in Florida.

Since the home is in Polk County, I did go to the Polk County Tax Assessor page:
http://www.polktaxes.com/propertytaxes/delinquency.asp
"Real Estate Delinquency
"Unpaid Real Estate taxes become delinquent on April 1st of the year following the year of assessment. At this time, interest of 3% and an advertising charge is added to the tax amount due.
"Should the taxes remain unpaid on or before June 1st, a tax certificate, or lien against the property, will be sold for the amount of the unpaid taxes, interest and costs.
"Interest accrues on the tax certificate from June 1st until the taxes are paid.
"After two years, the tax certificate holder is eligible to file for a Tax Deed Application, which could result in the loss of the title to the property."

I've been fortunate enough not to have to know this information. I don't know exactly what happens after the 2 years or how the loss of title to the property comes about. In this case, the annual taxes for the RedHawk house are pretty excessive and not just anyone can afford to pay that amount. Other questions I would have is how would you know if somone has gotten a tax certificate holder on a property and does this mean they do not have real estate auctions for unpaid taxes in this state? Is this an alternate way to deal with it?

01/18/2011 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE WITH ORDER
01/18/2011 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 3/7/2011
01/18/2011 Re: JSEL--JURY SELECTION BY EMYLSALA
01/18/2011 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 3/4/2011

From the Court Site for Troy McKay Young, it has been over a year now and he still has not had his trial. From the above, looks like there will be a jury and a hearing the beginning of next month.

If you look at that one deed on Redhawk, I'd say you are right, it is the PEO. But at the time she bought it she owned both the PEO and the LLC. On other documents, she has used AMP, PEO, LLC with both companies. Since the attorney is not here to tell us, I would hazard a guess that the lawyer is going to cover all bases to get a clear title and have the owner of the LLC sign off on the properties. And since she is willing to do the right thing and turn the properties over voluntarily, he can clear up at least the LLC portion. From the sounds of it from that article, though, Dorice may try to fight him for the ownership of the other properties. She's really probably got not much else to do with her time now. Inevitably in time she will lose, but again, as time is passing and the taxes are not getting paid on those properties, I wonder when the county will come in and take them over and put them up for sale at a tax auction.

I wonder how dee dee would even be able to put up a fight, her being locked up and charged with murder? It takes money to fight, dee dee is like a fish in a cooler, she's just wanting and dreaming, but her reality is soon to come, and i am sure she will not like the outcome.
I would be very surprised due to circumstances if this land will be disposed of via tax sale. I would think this land would be treated as stolen property for the time being, and frozen. imo that would be the only way to label this land.

I know there are some attorneys on the other pages. One even visited us here once. Too bad one of the Florida attorneys could not come and answer legal questions for us. I've been to the tax auctions in New York, but never in Florida.

Since the home is in Polk County, I did go to the Polk County Tax Assessor page:
http://www.polktaxes.com/propertytaxes/delinquency.asp
"Real Estate Delinquency
"Unpaid Real Estate taxes become delinquent on April 1st of the year following the year of assessment. At this time, interest of 3% and an advertising charge is added to the tax amount due.
"Should the taxes remain unpaid on or before June 1st, a tax certificate, or lien against the property, will be sold for the amount of the unpaid taxes, interest and costs.
"Interest accrues on the tax certificate from June 1st until the taxes are paid.
"After two years, the tax certificate holder is eligible to file for a Tax Deed Application, which could result in the loss of the title to the property."

I've been fortunate enough not to have to know this information. I don't know exactly what happens after the 2 years or how the loss of title to the property comes about. In this case, the annual taxes for the RedHawk house are pretty excessive and not just anyone can afford to pay that amount. Other questions I would have is how would you know if somone has gotten a tax certificate holder on a property and does this mean they do not have real estate auctions for unpaid taxes in this state? Is this an alternate way to deal with it?

Many people buy land this way, just for the taxes, homes worth thousands have been taken over costing pennies on the dollar. they have the tax deeds sale on the court house steps of the county the property is in. When you purchase the deed, the person that owes taxes has around 2 years to pay you back with interest, or the land is recorded propery of the tax deed holder. This is a way many people get rich, they turn around and sell the propery for a huge profit

I wonder how dee dee would even be able to put up a fight, her being locked up and charged with murder? It takes money to fight, dee dee is like a fish in a cooler, she's just wanting and dreaming, but her reality is soon to come, and i am sure she will not like the outcome.
I would be very surprised due to circumstances if this land will be disposed of via tax sale. I would think this land would be treated as stolen property for the time being, and frozen. imo that would be the only way to label this land.
I hope you are right. I read the news article and it says that she is trying to maintain she paid for the RedHawk property, which is really quite surprising given that I believe in the criminal indictment she admitted that she did not give Abaham any money for it because she thought he would use it to buy drugs. Given that Abraham has NO drug charges against him for drugs and anyone who knew him said he never used drugs, I can't believe that anyone will buy that excuse for one minute:
https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/personCaseSearch?county=53
Click new search and put in Abraham Shakespeare's name. No drug charges that I can see.
However, for the estate to be able to resell the property, they have to get the title and have clear title. The AMP, LLC owner stated here she is willing to voluntarily sign over any interests her company has in the property. My guess is that since Dorice still owns AMP,PEO then she is going to make them go to Court to get clear title. I would assume the Estate will have to file the claim for the property and she will have the right to come to Court to be heard as she is currently the owner of record. Gets her out of jail for a day, I guess. And she is an evil and greedy woman from all that she has done and said. I could be wrong, but I really don't see her doing the honorable thing now and just handing over to the Estate all that she stole from Abraham.
But I do hope you are right that they have not allowed this property to have the tax certificate for last year sold. It looks to me like the taxes are still due for last year, but I don't know where they list it if a tax certificate is outstanding on a property. Guess I'll have to call the tax office next Friday to find out more about how that works.
As far as Dorice's outcome, I think it is very unfortunate they took the death penalty off the table. I would think it is warranted for what she has done and it would have been a bargaining tool to have her plead guilty to a life without parole sentence and save the tax payers the cost of a trial.

I hope you are right. I read the news article and it says that she is trying to maintain she paid for the RedHawk property, which is really quite surprising given that I believe in the criminal indictment she admitted that she did not give Abaham any money for it because she thought he would use it to buy drugs. Given that Abraham has NO drug charges against him for drugs and anyone who knew him said he never used drugs, I can't believe that anyone will buy that excuse for one minute:
https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/personCaseSearch?county=53
Click new search and put in Abraham Shakespeare's name. No drug charges that I can see.
However, for the estate to be able to resell the property, they have to get the title and have clear title. The AMP, LLC owner stated here she is willing to voluntarily sign over any interests her company has in the property. My guess is that since Dorice still owns AMP,PEO then she is going to make them go to Court to get clear title. I would assume the Estate will have to file the claim for the property and she will have the right to come to Court to be heard as she is currently the owner of record. Gets her out of jail for a day, I guess. And she is an evil and greedy woman from all that she has done and said. I could be wrong, but I really don't see her doing the honorable thing now and just handing over to the Estate all that she stole from Abraham.
But I do hope you are right that they have not allowed this property to have the tax certificate for last year sold. It looks to me like the taxes are still due for last year, but I don't know where they list it if a tax certificate is outstanding on a property. Guess I'll have to call the tax office next Friday to find out more about how that works.
As far as Dorice's outcome, I think it is very unfortunate they took the death penalty off the table. I would think it is warranted for what she has done and it would have been a bargaining tool to have her plead guilty to a life without parole sentence and save the tax payers the cost of a trial.
dee dee giving up the land would be almost an admission of guilt.so what do you think of the propery, bought by shar in gulf county.PP told me shar bought the land for her, well he not having a job, i would venture to say that was also ill gotten gains imo( i would bet my last dollar and all i could borrow). These people do not have a clue what honor is.The cash cow is in jail and they have all split the scene.imo, the land in gulf county should belong to the estate as well. Justice rides a slow horse home.......If dee de was not guilty, I bet she would be raising hell about her rights to a speedy trial...What do you think on this matter.....

dee dee giving up the land would be almost an admission of guilt.so what do you think of the propery, bought by shar in gulf county.PP told me shar bought the land for her, well he not having a job, i would venture to say that was also ill gotten gains imo( i would bet my last dollar and all i could borrow). These people do not have a clue what honor is.The cash cow is in jail and they have all split the scene.imo, the land in gulf county should belong to the estate as well. Justice rides a slow horse home.......If dee de was not guilty, I bet she would be raising hell about her rights to a speedy trial...What do you think on this matter.....

I think you have gone over the same material I have. If you have gone over all the Discovery documents, then you have gone over even more than I have. The police have traced much of Abraham's money that Dorice took and have listed where it went in the criminal affidavit, which shows that some of that money and property went to Shar - see the criminal affidavit page 3 on the bottom, page 5 midway, page 7 midway, page 8 top, page 11 top, page 12 top - on all these pages they refer to all of the money Shar and his business got from Dorice a great deal of money. If the property was purchased with the money that was taken from Abraham and transferred into Shar's account, then it is my belief that like the house on Rte. 60 and like the car, he should turn over either the property or the purchase price of the property to the estate. It is also my belief that any money that any party retained that belonged to Abraham should go back to the estate. Hopefully the estate attorney is able to reclaim the money and property.
So I guess we are pretty much on the same page. If he got money that was stolen from Abraham, he should pay it back to the estate. If he got that property up in Gulf County from the money stolen from Abraham, it should be turned over to the estate. Does he still own it? Is his name still on that property?
In my opinion, Dorice is guilty of premeditated murder, but my opinion doesn't count - only the jury's and/or judge's opinion matter. But,the facts remain. She had the murder weapon. She is the one who controlled his money. She ended up with all his property. She had the means, the motive, and the opportunity. In one of her statements to the police, she said she did it (she said self-defense but I don't believe that either). There really hasn't been much division on this site about whether she did it or not. The real question is if she did it, did she act alone when she planned to murder him and then actually did it, and if not, who helped her. And for that question, I really don't know. I believe she could have, but there are plenty of people in this case who could have also been a party to the murder. Even the police suggested that early on when they said there were more arrests to come, and then there were no arrests that came.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme