FL - Adam Kaufman on trial for the murder of wife Eleanora Kaufman, 33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is gross and classless and bad form and just not cool and it should be brought in front of the jury but I don't think it shows much of anything, beyond being a jerk. It's crap like this that should have been brought into the case in chief. I think holding off on this stuff until the rebutal was bad because their case in chief was so bad and I think it's possible the defense has done enough to get AK off or get a hung jury. I doubt painting him as a horrible human being is gonna make them go "Oh, okay... I'm convinced now.." if they have any doubts.

If it is true the brother set this up is the brother and the woman just as bad?

Sometimes your veiws on males ,upsets me. Not in an angry way ,it just makes me sad that you feel the way you do about them.

I can only really use the 2 times i was married. the 1st husband would have been in the sack with any chick before my body would get cold married to him 18 years.

This hubby is by far a much much better person been married to him 16 years the 18th of May, ( I learn from my mistakes) but that said, out of loneliness, fear and sadness I could see him falling in love quick with another woman just to take the pain away, and lets face it men are horny LOL its true

Did anybody notice the man in black who always sits behind the defendant leave the courtroom during the discussions regarding rebuttal testimony and then he reappears. Wonder who he went to talk to? :cool:

that may be his dad or uncle

If it is true the brother set this up is the brother and the woman just as bad?

Personally, I don't think it's bad since frankly, people grieve differently. People handle it differently. That's human nature IMO. However, the joking about the wedding ring, etc is wrong and classless and just plain nasty. (And I don't think the woman is bad at all)

Sometimes your veiws on males ,upsets me. Not in an angry way ,it just makes me sad that you feel the way you do about them.

OMG Soul, I was a PI for over 20 years. I had so many distraught women come into my office and hire me to confirm their fears and I always asked them what they would do when I find out they were correct. Well some of them I had to send packing for liability fears when they answered me LOL Some said they could handle it. I found out that wasnt usually true alot fo them went balistic on me.

now that im 51 and I have seen so many cases of cheating, divorces etc etc I feel now it should not be the end all in a relationship, it depends on what else is going on in the relationship that was until AIDS came about and then I
to advise them to take precaustions in addition to other aspects to consider.

It just seems to me most men if they could get away with it will cheat. Watch that new movie HALL PASS LOL its just a mans nature and the fact they never loose their ability to pro-create may be one reason why.

I guess the rebutal case starts on Thursday afternoon? No court on Friday.

Rebuttal starts on Thursday only if the defense rests. I'd be surprised if the defense does that after what happened this afternoon.

Personally, I don't think it's bad since frankly, people grieve differently. People handle it differently. That's human nature IMO. However, the joking about the wedding ring, etc is wrong and classless and just plain nasty. (And I don't think the woman is bad at all)

Thank you for that! I've been widowed twice and each time I acted completely different...crazy even...

I didn't get the joke about the wedding ring. I heard that the girl asked him why he was wearing the ring and he said "because my wife died" ??

Is that right, is that what he said or was there more?

Thank you for that! I've been widowed twice and each time I acted completely different...crazy even...

I didn't get the joke about the wedding ring. I heard that the girl asked him why he was wearing the ring and he said "because my wife died" ??

I didnt get it either but I think someone said the lady said ' we have to get that off you" or something to that effect. The fact he was wearing after her death means something to me, it means he has not forgot her.

I really hate when people judge others on how they grieve. No one does it the same way and like you said, even when it happens again, your reaction is different.

I think that's what was said. I wasn't wild about the joke. I can see that being brought in but the fact that he was still wearing it? It appears he was still thinking of her.

Honestly, I just can't figure out this case. :/

All I'll say is that it would have been some coincidence for her to have a heart attack and somehow fall directly on a magazine rack, which then positionally asphixiated her. Now, if we hear that he attempted to strangle others, well, that will end the chance of me possibly buying this coincidence.

The initial coincidence combined with his 3 conflicting stories already had it at the maximum level of reasonable belief.

This pushes me well over the top and off the fence.

To many coincidences, isn't a coincidence. Sorry, he's guilty.

He may still be found " not guilty", however...

So now the judge is deciding about the surprise witness for Prosecution re-direct presenting evidence of Adam's history of violence and CHOKING someone!! Is Prosecution going to be able to present this evidence? I hope so. I really think Lina said something to Adam that pissed him off. Domestic violence is easy to hide, which they probably did. It is a family secret for a long time before people know about it.

He is a huge guy. It would be easy for him to basically snap her neck. A basket of magazines just did not do it!

I've been watching this trial from the beginning and I've only missed a few hours of it. I do have one question and I would appreciate it if someone could answer it for me. What evidence did the state even have in order to arrest Adam?

After the defense rests they go into rebuttal. I've heard the list of witnesses the state will call to testify. I don't think the judge will allow the confidential informant to testify because it was too long ago. The jail house tapes will probably be let in. The judges comment was something like "its allowed all the time in other trials". I would think that Adam would know that he was being taped but who knows. The woman who went on the date with Adam will probably testify. I don't think it will matter either way. Seth will probably testify. I don't quite understand where the state is going with this. The Fire Captain was the first one to enter the home and testified that Adam had on boxers and a t-shirt. And this is consistent with Adam's statement. I know others had testifed that he had on jeans and a t-shirts. Really? Is it possible that Adam put on some jeans once the Fire Chief arrived at his house and asked him to leave the bathroom. I do remember the Fire Chief saying that he did ask Adam to leave the bathroom when he got there...it was too small for both of them to be in there. I think that there were one or two more witnesses but from what I remember they were the ones who handled the jail house tapes.

I still cannot believe how poorly this death was investigated. It wasn't just one person who screwed up this investigation it was just about everyone involved. I think this is the first trial that I have watched where the head investigator did not testify and I think that sums up this whole trial.

Dr. Baden is on the stand now giving a long list of his accomplishments. Gee, he didn't mention the first Phil Spector trial where he made a spectacle of himself. Sarcasm is intended, I'm not a big fan of his. Long story.

Isn't Dr. Baden a defense witness? Why is the prosecution questioning him first? I am still in lala land....lol

Isn't Dr. Baden a defense witness? Why is the prosecution questioning him first? I am still in lala land....lol

I'm listening to InSession, CNN is taking forever to load this morning.

I think, but am not sure, but it should be the defense questioning him, unless this is a hearing. I have no idea if the jury is in or not. They must have started earlier than usual this morning, because IS came up with him giving his CV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back