FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I was out under the carport refinishing our old kitchen table and heard the music before I saw the truck coming.

The as the Ice Cream man turned the curve in our street I heard the kids...running towards him where he had stopped.

I saw so many little ones, medium ones and even grown kids running to get an ice cream.

I stopped what I was doing and thought my teens are all grown up now and out and about doing activities, but I miss them running and yelling after the ice cream man.

And I thought of Adji too. He should be running and playing and scrambling with his buddies to go get an ice cream from the truck in his neighborhood. Just wanted to share with everyone that is hoping and praying for Adji too. Come home soon baby boy.

Oh Kat!

Makes me cry but I'm so glad you shared that.

Was just looking thru the list of missing at that link. It seems to me that is a relatively small area to have that many missing children... then it seems to me that so many of them could be considered transitory (if indeed they are... coming and going with farm work)... why isn't more effort put into finding out if some of them could indeed actually be taken off of this list. You know, 'oh well he/she did go home with their father to Mexico'... we don't have to worry for that one anymore.

.... sorry I must have been dreaming... there's no way the documentation/law enforcement/legal/illegal issues will ever be efficiently cleaned up to be effective in that manner. grrr

Sometimes things just seem so broken.

The last three on that list is a 16 yr old girl and her two babies... it says she ran away. Now, that could be true. But does a 16 yr. old girl with two babies just up and run away with no idea where she's going to lay them down that night even? They've been gone nearly a year.

I guess that area is understaffed and overworked, like everywhere else.

Where oh where is little Adji?!!!

Child Safety event in Collier

COLLIER COUNTY: The Collier County Sheriff's Office will host a child safety event on Monday to honor National Missing Children's Day.

The event will serve as a public reminder to renew efforts to reunite missing children with their families, remember those who are still missing and make child protection a national priority.

It will take place at Coastland Center mall near Dillard's from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Biometric fingerprinting will be provided by CCSO and the Naples Police Department.

The Collier County community will remember these local children who have gone missing:

Adji Desir, 6, was last seen Jan. 10 after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and disappeared. Adji is 3 feet tall and 45 pounds with short black hair and dark eyes. He is developmentally disabled and functions on a 2-year-old level. He has a limited vocabulary. He understands Creole, but cannot speak it. He knows his name, but cannot say it.

(snipped)

Plus, 11 more missing children included at the link:(

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=29902&z=3

Oh Kat!

Makes me cry but I'm so glad you shared that.

I'm sorry if I made you cry snowme.

I do think of Adji often. There are more than a couple of children that are missing that I think of from time to time but Adji comes to mind more often than others.

He has touched my heart with his serious little face in his school picture. I can imagine him being quite a character, even though we haven't heard exactly what his personality is like.

What tugs at my mind most about not only Adji but the other missing children (young children and adult children that are missing) is that for these Mothers and Fathers and siblings of these missing children is that they must live in the "in between". Every minute of their day, and I'm sure in their dreams at night they miss and long for their loved ones who are in between life and death to them. They don't know for sure if they are alive, they hope and pray but they just don't know. They don't know if they are dead and can not lay them to rest where they can go visit and talk with them if they wish.

I can't imagine living life in the "in between" and it really does bother me~ a lot. Sorry for the long post but wanted to share that today for Adji and his family. As always, praying for him.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/may/24/21-missing-child-in-southwest-florida/

6:16 p.m., Sunday, May 24, 2009

They never returned home: Looking for 21 missing children

Collier County's Missing Children
■ Adji Desir, 6, was last seen Jan. 10 after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and disappeared. Adji is 3 feet tall and 45 pounds with short black hair and dark eyes. He is developmentally disabled and functions on a 2-year-old level. He has a limited vocabulary. He understands Creole, but cannot speak it. He knows his name, but cannot say it....

I do think of Adji often. There are more than a couple of children that are missing that I think of from time to time but Adji comes to mind more often than others.

He has touched my heart with his serious little face in his school picture. I can imagine him being quite a character, even though we haven't heard exactly what his personality is like.

What tugs at my mind most about not only Adji but the other missing children (young children and adult children that are missing) is that for these Mothers and Fathers and siblings of these missing children is that they must live in the "in between". Every minute of their day, and I'm sure in their dreams at night they miss and long for their loved ones who are in between life and death to them. They don't know for sure if they are alive, they hope and pray but they just don't know. They don't know if they are dead and can not lay them to rest where they can go visit and talk with them if they wish.

I can't imagine living life in the "in between" and it really does bother me~ a lot. Sorry for the long post but wanted to share that today for Adji and his family. As always, praying for him.

OK, you have almost written a poem here or a song and I think you should finish it. You have a beautiful way of speaking.

Thanks Gracenote, but I just typed out what my heart wanted to say. Nothing more.

No apologies necessary! Gracenote is right, you have a beautiful way of wording things. You move us... and that's a real good thing. :)

I'm sure everyone has seen this one but I just got a high speed connection and can now watch youtube videos. This is a good one.
YouTube - Adji Desir is still missing - is the media racist? Adji Desir vs Haleigh Cummings

A "click thank you" wasn't enough... thank you!

(I feel like such a do-nothing failure when I see that pic of Adji's grandmother.)

I sure wish one of the orgs we've all contacted would respond in some way. They don't need to write any of us back but geez, just get on the case! I really thought we'd get something with Sharpton and NAN... but seems not. I really thought we'd get something with LULAC but it seems not. Did we do ACLU?? Perhaps thats a stretch but who knows. And, if it's been noted elsewhere (here or in articles) about the family's status... are they resident aliens, here on work visas... got paperwork in progress for citizenship?? Heck... how about Amnesty International... can they offer something to this family??

I'm about ready to just start stomping over to Fl and then D.C.

Praying for sweet little Adji and his family.

Thank you, Gracenote. That picture of his grandmother got me crying too.

It seems so many have reached out to media to have more exposure for Adji D or to have a newsmagazine program do an in depth look at his case.

As we know, Adju is developmentally disabled and functions on a two-year-old level; he has a very limited vocabulary and he knows his name, but can not speak it.
Adji understands Creole, but can not speak it.

My thinking is how many of the updated articles are in Spanish and Creole, as well as English? I doubt they are in Creole.

Does the translator help in written translation in getting the word out to the community?
Is the translator an advocate for the family?
In news article, translator is from Collier County Sheriff's Office. It is Nymphgamey Oboute.

Is there an advocate for the family? The consulate? Family housing worker?

Would it be helpful for a WS to call the Collier County Sheriff office and see how WS could be helpful?

Poster is printed in English, Spanish and Creole.

Individuals with information concerning this case should take no action themselves, but instead immediately contact the Collier County, Florida Sheriff's Office at 1-239-793-9300, the FBI's toll-free hotline at 1-866-838-1153, or the nearest FBI Office or local law enforcement agency. For any possible sighting outside the United States, contact the nearest United States Embassy or Consulate.
If you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).

$23,500 Crime Stoppers reward, a $10,000 FBI reward and $5,500 community-collected reward are being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Adji.

It seems so many have reached out to media to have more exposure for Adji D or to have a newsmagazine program do an in depth look at his case.

As we know, Adju is developmentally disabled and functions on a two-year-old level; he has a very limited vocabulary and he knows his name, but can not speak it.
Adji understands Creole, but can not speak it.

My thinking is how many of the updated articles are in Spanish and Creole, as well as English? I doubt they are in Creole.

Does the translator help in written translation in getting the word out to the community?
Is the translator an advocate for the family?
In news article, translator is from Collier County Sheriff's Office. It is Nymphgamey Oboute.

Is there an advocate for the family? The consulate? Family housing worker?

Would it be helpful for a WS to call the Collier County Sheriff office and see how WS could be helpful?

Poster is printed in English, Spanish and Creole.

Individuals with information concerning this case should take no action themselves, but instead immediately contact the Collier County, Florida Sheriff's Office at 1-239-793-9300, the FBI's toll-free hotline at 1-866-838-1153, or the nearest FBI Office or local law enforcement agency. For any possible sighting outside the United States, contact the nearest United States Embassy or Consulate.
If you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).

$23,500 Crime Stoppers reward, a $10,000 FBI reward and $5,500 community-collected reward are being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Adji.

That is a good idea! I had emailed the sheriff's office a while back to thank them and ask if there was anything we could do as a nation wide group, but never heard back. A phone call might do much better. Also, I had wondered if victim assistance or some other group was helping the family. It is probably in some of the articles somewhere. They really need a strong advocate to help them get the attention of more media. A candlelight vigil. A letter to the editor of the papers. The usual things.

Editorial: Missing children ... we mustn’t let time steal our innocents once more

On Memorial Day this newspaper was proud to anchor its front page with coverage of the observance of the lives of those who fought and died for America.

There was another, more surprising part of that front page.

In its own way, it was a memorial.

A report that 21 young people are officially on the record book of law-enforcement agencies in Collier and Lee counties as missing came as a shock.

Memorial Day also was National Missing Children’s Day. With the story were photos of 18 of the 21 faces. They range in age from infants, such as Bryan Dos Santos-Gomez, the Baby Bryan who made headlines by being reported abducted by a knife-wielding stranger before Christmas 2006 in Fort Myers, to 6-year-old Adji Desir, who disappeared in Immokalee in January, to Wendy Hudakoc, who snuck out of the house for a party before Thanksgiving 1998 at the age of 14 and was never seen again.
(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jun/01/editorial-missing-children-we-mustnt-let-time-stea/

I tried contacting the Tyra Banks Show months ago and never heard back. This poor boy didn't just disappear.

I notice Dr. Phil is doing shows now on current events that happen like missing children in the news. I could see him covering Adji's case. I think we should all contact the Dr. Phil show and flood his e-mail with a bunch of requests. What do you guys think?

For Adji I would definitely do it....I wouldn't normally touch Dr. P with a 10 foot pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper