FL - Ajike "AJ" Owens, 35, fatally shot by neighbor, Marion County, June 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The state will call two of Owen’s four children to testify during trial.
Judge Hodges, who is presiding over the case, read the jury instructions to the group and told them that they won’t be shown on camera.

The jury is expected to be over by Friday.

Full article at link...

August 12, 2024

LIVE: Neighbor Feud Murder Trial — FL v. Susan Lorincz — Day 1​

Fifty-eight-year-old Florida woman Susan Lorincz was charged with manslaughter after admitting to shooting her neighbor, 35-year-old Ajike Owens, in June 2023. Lorincz reportedly called police seven times in one year to complain about Owens' children playing near her home. The feud between Lorincz and Owens turned deadly when Owens went to speak with Lorincz about a dispute involving her children. Lorincz said she shot Owens through her front door in self-defense. She was charged with first-degree manslaughter after authorities determined there wasn't sufficient evidence to charge her with second-degree murder. She faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.

This response is from Cathy Russon regarding audio and "camera bouncing" during Susan Lorincz trial at Law&Crime site.

Additionally, the audio is extremely low volume but I haven't noticed any bouncing, though, I am bouncing around to other sites, and not watching trial exclusively. moo
https://x.com/cathyrusson
@cathyrusson

Unfortunatey, we do not have control of the audio. We're plugged into a local pool.

1:51 PM · Aug 13, 2024

Another option to watch trial live stream - though, audio not much better.

LIVE: Neighbor Feud Murder Trial — FL v. Susan Lorincz — Day 1​

Fifty-eight-year-old Florida woman Susan Lorincz was charged with manslaughter after admitting to shooting her neighbor, 35-year-old Ajike Owens, in June 2023. Lorincz reportedly called police seven times in one year to complain about Owens' children playing near her home. The feud between Lorincz and Owens turned deadly when Owens went to speak with Lorincz about a dispute involving her children. Lorincz said she shot Owens through her front door in self-defense. She was charged with first-degree manslaughter after authorities determined there wasn't sufficient evidence to charge her with second-degree murder. She faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted.
I hope she gets 30. She is a murderer and a menace.

You hear of people who go off the rails like this and the first thing that pops in my head is..... How did their parents raise them? Were the parents so filled with hatred on whatever topic, that their kids turned out to be murders, just based on the beliefs they were raised with? It's mind blowing to me. I had a crappy childhood and I couldn't be a more boring, straight arrow, rule following person on earth. JMO

You hear of people who go off the rails like this and the first thing that pops in my head is..... How did their parents raise them? Were the parents so filled with hatred on whatever topic, that their kids turned out to be murders, just based on the beliefs they were raised with? It's mind blowing to me. I had a crappy childhood and I couldn't be a more boring, straight arrow, rule following person on earth. JMO

This lady just recently got interested in guns and Stand Your Ground topics. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had visions of being a self defense hero.

I am sad about this case. A preventable crime as most are. AJ Owens’ children having their first day back to school this week without their mom. AJ didn’t get the chance to make lunches, walk her kids to school or walk them to the bus stop. No more hugs or kisses…nothing, ever again. AJ's children are the ones who truly suffer - I wish for them to be survivors, they're survivors! They seem like heroes and warriors to me. moo

Defendant never showed any remorse for her actions ever! moo

Interrogation video:

LE explaining to SL he is having a hard time with an unarmed person being a threat. If you could go back in time would you take it back and I (LE interviewer) dont know ... wait for police? Do you feel you did something wrong here?

SL: she said she felt terror.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11