FL - Ajike "AJ" Owens, 35, fatally shot by neighbor, Marion County, June 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She didn't know her landlord was evicting her. I hope she has to live under a dang bridge. She deserves nothing more.

Lorincz was ordered to wear an ankle monitor, to have no contact with Owens’ family and to not leave the state of Florida. If she posts bond, she must be accompanied by another person to retrieve her belongings from her residence, said the judge, who also barred Lorincz from possessing firearms.

She didn't know her landlord was evicting her. I hope she has to live under a dang bridge. She deserves nothing more.

Lorincz was ordered to wear an ankle monitor, to have no contact with Owens’ family and to not leave the state of Florida. If she posts bond, she must be accompanied by another person to retrieve her belongings from her residence, said the judge, who also barred Lorincz from possessing firearms.

Was that due to not paying or this shooting? If she has access to 1700 then she could have paid rent.

This case got a retired FBI Agent's attention.

This is a story I plan to watch very closely. Neighbors who despise each other had an altercation ending in death. One neighbor went to the other's house when she was shot through a closed door, murdered in front of her child. This case truly paints an ugliness that can't be tolerated. #SusanLorincz was arrested on charges of manslaughter with a firearm, culpable negligence, battery & two counts of assault. Hoping for justice for #AjikeOwens! #JusticeForAjike

More than ugly.
The shooter threw an iPad at one of the boys. The screen broke. That is why the neighbor mother went over.

Lorincz has lived in Marion County for 15 years. Records show she had lived in the apartment complex where the shooting took place since at least 2020.

In her first appearance in court, Lorincz told the judge she had an insurance license, had just left a job with United Health Care and was applying for disability.

Records show she does not have a criminal history in Florida prior to the shooting.

[...]

News 6 found at least one *** account to raise money for Lorincz’s legal defense. *** tells News 6 that it has removed the fundraiser, saying it violates the site’s Terms of Service.

The Terms of Service prohibits fundraisers to raise money for legal defense costs for anyone formally charged with a violent crime.

This was a constantly brewing storm. In my opinion, a neighbor...who disliked kids or just those kids (according to a previous post she admitted to previously using racial slurs out of anger, towards the kids).
This is one I will watch. You can never be sure in Florida. I'm worried a juror will sympathize with her and feel..."she feared this irate mother banging at her door, demanding she come out."
IMO, she's a hateful woman. I'm sure her lawyers will reference her state of mind to include the age difference between the two and that she just recently went out of work and was seeking disability (additional stressors).
Florida's controversial stand your ground laws, in my opinion has been used to get away with clear cases of murder in the past). I hope her remaining days are spent locked away in a cage.
She broke their iPad throwing it at one of the boys.
Why not call the police when Mom came to confront and probably get try and get $$ to fix the broken iPad?
MOO Oh yeah, she just assaulted a child and damaged property, so maybe getting "scared" could be the way out of a jam.

Victim’s family demands murder charge for white neighbor who gets chance to bond out for killing Black mother

Jun 11th, 2023, 12:07 pm

The family of a woman shot and killed by her neighbor demand that the defendant face a more serious homicide charge; murder in the second degree, not merely manslaughter.

“We don’t believe that Susan had any sort of respect at all for human life,” attorney Anthony Thomas, a lawyer for the family of the slain mother-of-four Ajike “Aj” Owens, 35, said, according to WESH in a Friday report. “She meant to pull that trigger. She meant to point it at the door. And that’s why we feel that murder two charges are applicable here.”

Victim’s family demands murder charge for white neighbor who gets chance to bond out for killing Black mother

Jun 11th, 2023, 12:07 pm

The family of a woman shot and killed by her neighbor demand that the defendant face a more serious homicide charge; murder in the second degree, not merely manslaughter.

“We don’t believe that Susan had any sort of respect at all for human life,” attorney Anthony Thomas, a lawyer for the family of the slain mother-of-four Ajike “Aj” Owens, 35, said, according to WESH in a Friday report. “She meant to pull that trigger. She meant to point it at the door. And that’s why we feel that murder two charges are applicable here.”
I believe what the family is saying I hope she meant harm

I’m just rambling here but proving murder may be a stretch. Maybe they made a charge that they knew they would win on?

I’m just rambling here but proving murder may be a stretch. Maybe they made a charge that they knew they would win on?

You may be right about both. With her history of abusive speech toward the kids, I can certainly understand why AJ’s family thinks it’s clearly second degree murder. I agree with them, as manslaughter is a “killing without intention.” I hardly think firing a gun through a door and killing someone is unintentional. That act certainly fits having a “depraved mind” with “disregard or for human life” which would be murder 2 in this case IMO. I assume the charge of “first degree felony manslaughter” is voluntary manslaughter, although I didn’t catch the specific definition.

Second Degree Murder.Second-degree murder is less severe than first-degree murder because it lacks the planning or intention of a premeditated killing. The defendant may have had a relationship or interaction with the victim, but did not have a plan to commit the homicide against them.The key distinction of a second degree murder charge is that the prosecution has to show that the defendant has a “depraved mind” with disregard for human life.Second degree murder charges may be penalized by up to life in prison.

Voluntary Manslaughter. Manslaughter is usually defined as the killing of someone without intention, but there is more to the definition than that (as well as different degrees of manslaughter). Voluntary manslaughter can arise out of a provocation.If the homicide was the result of an intense emotional response (like heat of passion), then the charge may be considered voluntary manslaughter. Voluntary manslaughter still requires some intention to kill, but out of an emotional response, and without a plan

JMO

The door matters. Did it have a way for the shooter to see AJ Owens position?
A reflection, an under door shadow or a side window light?
The shot through a door killing her was suspiciously exact.

The door matters. Did it have a way for the shooter to see AJ Owens position?
A reflection, an under door shadow or a side window light?
The shot through a door killing her was suspiciously exact.

It was solid wood with no window. Not sure about a shadow under the door. The bullet went through the door right at chest height, so it wasn’t like she was firing over her head or at her legs

Well, JMO, you don't aim for the chest/voice area unless you intend to silence the victim. JMO

I recently seen a “killer speaks” or something like that where this dude had the initials of folks that he murdered tattooed on his arm. With people like that around I’m fully for this lady or anybody wanting to protect themselves but incidents like this show a complete disregard for just how dangerous a lethal weapon is.

You may be right about both. With her history of abusive speech toward the kids, I can certainly understand why AJ’s family thinks it’s clearly second degree murder.
I am thinking the totlaity supports Second Degree murder- and revocation of bail.

- The perpertrator repeatedly provoked the victim via racial insults to her children, thowing things at her children etc.

- The perpetrator admitted to police that she had researched, or more likely "researched" SYG laws.

- Shen then provokes the victim that day of the shooter. Then in the 911 call and later interviews, she uses psuedo legal terms like "in fear for my life in my home" "Reasonable and prudent" etc.

The totality strongly support that she researched the laws in an effort to create a legal "alibi" of sorts. She then provokes the victim yet again, then shoots immediately when the victim responds to the provocation. She then falls back on her researched alibi (garbled self defense).

This pattern seems to indicate a pre intent to use deadly force the next time the victim took the perpetrator's bait (in this case, throwing things at her children).

I am thinking the totlaity supports Second Degree murder- and revocation of bail.

- The perpertrator repeatedly provoked the victim via racial insults to her children, thowing things at her children etc.

- The perpetrator admitted to police that she had researched, or more likely "researched" SYG laws.

- Shen then provokes the victim that day of the shooter. Then in the 911 call and later interviews, she uses psuedo legal terms like "in fear for my life in my home" "Reasonable and prudent" etc.

The totality strongly support that she researched the laws in an effort to create a legal "alibi" of sorts. She then provokes the victim yet again, then shoots immediately when the victim responds to the provocation. She then falls back on her researched alibi (garbled self defense).

This pattern seems to indicate a pre intent to use deadly force the next time the victim took the perpetrator's bait (in this case, throwing things at her children).
Those SYG Google searches, then going out, taking a forgotten iPad from where they were playing, throwing the iPad at the 12yo who returned, presumably for the iPad causing it to break sounds premediated.
I now think the shot straight through the door was murder in the first degree.

Florida officials have declined to file murder charges against a woman accused of shooting and killing her neighbor through a closed door, citing “insufficient evidence.”

State Attorney Bill Gladson announced in a Monday news release the state would charge Lorincz with one count of manslaughter with a firearm and one count of assault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back