FL - Ajike "AJ" Owens, 35, fatally shot by neighbor, Marion County, June 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bond hearing on Friday.

Lorincz, who made an initial court appearance via video call on Thursday, is being held without bond and will have a bond hearing Friday morning, according to Walter Forgie, chief assistant state Attorney of the Fifth Judicial Circuit in Florida.

Lorincz told the court that she he has no savings, is making payments on a car, and had filed for disability after working at United Healthcare. She said she last worked two weeks ago and that she supports her 55-year-old sister.

She was represented by the Marion County Public Defender’s Office, which declined comment on her case. Judge Lori Cotton appointed the public defender’s office to represent Lorincz going forward.

A white Florida woman charged with shooting and killing her Black neighbor told detectives that she called the victim’s children racist slurs in the months leading up to the slaying, according to an arrest report released Thursday.

6/8/2023

MARION COUNTY, Fla. — A white Florida woman charged with shooting and killing her Black neighbor told detectives that she called the victim’s children racist slurs in the months leading up to the slaying, according to an arrest report released Thursday.

This was a constantly brewing storm. In my opinion, a neighbor...who disliked kids or just those kids (according to a previous post she admitted to previously using racial slurs out of anger, towards the kids).
This is one I will watch. You can never be sure in Florida. I'm worried a juror will sympathize with her and feel..."she feared this irate mother banging at her door, demanding she come out."
IMO, she's a hateful woman. I'm sure her lawyers will reference her state of mind to include the age difference between the two and that she just recently went out of work and was seeking disability (additional stressors).
Florida's controversial stand your ground laws, in my opinion has been used to get away with clear cases of murder in the past). I hope her remaining days are spent locked away in a cage.

This was a constantly brewing storm. In my opinion, a neighbor...who disliked kids or just those kids (according to a previous post she admitted to previously using racial slurs out of anger, towards the kids).
This is one I will watch. You can never be sure in Florida. I'm worried a juror will sympathize with her and feel..."she feared this irate mother banging at her door, demanding she come out."
IMO, she's a hateful woman. I'm sure her lawyers will reference her state of mind to include the age difference between the two and that she just recently went out of work and was seeking disability (additional stressors).
Florida's controversial stand your ground laws, in my opinion has been used to get away with clear cases of murder in the past). I hope her remaining days are spent locked away in a cage.

Agreed. We can never predict a jury. As much as I don’t like the slurs and past opinions that she used, I’d rather a trial be about her actions with that gun. Even the most basic safety preaches against the “ready, fire, aim” method of marksmanship. I concede that her words certainly don’t help her defense.

The sheriff’s office delayed arresting Lorincz because of her claims of shooting because she felt in “mortal danger,” which is in line with Florida’s Stand Your Ground laws.

However, when Lorincz told deputies in the second interview that Owens’ actions were not “reasonable or prudent,” deputies asked why Lorincz used those specific words.

That’s when Lorincz admitted to researching self-defense laws as recently as the day of the interview, and “possibly” researching stand-your-ground laws in the past.

Deputies also said Lorincz’s timeline of events contradicted the timeline of calls to 911

Agreed. We can never predict a jury. As much as I don’t like the slurs and past opinions that she used, I’d rather a trial be about her actions with that gun. Even the most basic safety preaches against the “ready, fire, aim” method of marksmanship. I concede that her words certainly don’t help her defense.

Her words certainly don’t help her defense and IMO are a relevant prelude to the shooting. Anytime someone labels someone as “an other” with angry bigoted language, it opens wide the door to violence. It displays a mindset of superiority and entitlement that time and again have led to the murders we have followed here on WS. Based on her previous language toward the young children of A.J. Owens, this should have been charged as a hate crime IMO. However, it might be a better legal strategy to do that after she is convicted of her action with the gun, as was done with Ahmaud Arbery’s murderers.

Last edited:

The sheriff’s office delayed arresting Lorincz because of her claims of shooting because she felt in “mortal danger,” which is in line with Florida’s Stand Your Ground laws.

However, when Lorincz told deputies in the second interview that Owens’ actions were not “reasonable or prudent,” deputies asked why Lorincz used those specific words.

That’s when Lorincz admitted to researching self-defense laws as recently as the day of the interview, and “possibly” researching stand-your-ground laws in the past.

Deputies also said Lorincz’s timeline of events contradicted the timeline of calls to 911

So she’s stupid in addition to being bigoted. Oh wait. Bigoted and stupid go hand-in-hand.

JMO

OCALA, Fla. — A white woman charged with fatally shooting her Black neighbor through a closed door said she bought the handgun used in the killing about a year ago after an altercation between them, an arrest affidavit states.

Lorincz said she had “been having a problem” with the children for about two years “due to their lack of respect for her peace and privacy,” according to the affidavit. She also alleged that the children had threatened to kill her, it says.

Several residents said Lorincz had a history of harassing children who played in the field and would use racial slurs against them. She would also call the police on the children, Sharna Mozell, 36, told NBC News.

Phyllis Wills, 33, said that "everybody in this neighborhood has feuded" with Lorincz over their children.

“In his soul, in his heart, it’s his fault that his older brother, his baby sister and his baby brother, as well as himself, will never see their mother again,” Owens’ mother, Pamela Dias, told reporters Wednesday.

Dias, who spoke at a news conference a day after a 58-year-old woman was arrested in connection with the death, said another child also blamed himself because he was unable to perform CPR on his mother.

“Grandma, grandma. I couldn’t save her,” Dias recalled the 12-year-old boy telling her.
these poor babies. that breaks my heart they blame themselves. i hope they get intensive therapy and love and support.

Sounds like LE has definitely ruled-out "stand your ground" type of defense -- so glad that was stated early-on in this sad case.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it is a repeat --
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After years of threats, a feud ends with a Black mom dead and her white neighbor arrested​

OCALA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman accused of fatally shooting her neighbor last week in the violent culmination of what the sheriff described as a 2½-year feud was arrested Tuesday, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said.
[...]
In a video posted on Facebook late Tuesday night, the sheriff said this was not a stand your ground case but “simply a killing.”
“Now many of you were struggling to understand why there was not an immediate arrest,” the sheriff said. “The laws here in the state of Florida are clear. Now I may not like them. I may not agree with them. But however, those laws I will follow.”
[...]
Owens' mother said she will now raise her four young grandchildren.
- - - - - - - - - -
Much more here:
doesnt pay to be the neighborhood a-hole now does it Susan?

:mad:
Susan Louise Lorincz, 58, is accused of shooting Ajike 'AJ' Owens, 34, in front of her nine-year-old son after the mother-of-four went to confront her over attacking her kids on Friday in Ocala, Florida.

She has pleaded not guilty to a first-degree felony charge of manslaughter with a firearm, as well as counts of culpable negligence, battery and assault.

Circuit Court Judge Robert Hodges ordered Lorincz to wear an ankle monitor and to stay away from the family of her slain neighbor.

'We’re pleased but we’re not satisfied,' said Anthony Thomas, an attorney for Owens' family. 'Certainly, we would have loved a bond set at something commensurate with the act. Usually on a first-degree charge, usually on no bond, especially when the act is made with a gun.'

she messed with all the kids in the hood. she was just a bitter old shrew.

:mad:

Susan Louise Lorincz, 58, is accused of shooting Ajike 'AJ' Owens, 34, in front of her nine-year-old son after the mother-of-four went to confront her over attacking her kids on Friday in Ocala, Florida.

She has pleaded not guilty to a first-degree felony charge of manslaughter with a firearm, as well as counts of culpable negligence, battery and assault.

Circuit Court Judge Robert Hodges ordered Lorincz to wear an ankle monitor and to stay away from the family of her slain neighbor.

'We’re pleased but we’re not satisfied,' said Anthony Thomas, an attorney for Owens' family. 'Certainly, we would have loved a bond set at something commensurate with the act. Usually on a first-degree charge, usually on no bond, especially when the act is made with a gun.'
thought she was broke.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back