UK UK- Sally Shepherd, 24, Worked @ Young Vic Theatre, Dragged through wire fence, Raped & beaten by ‘Beast of Peckham’, 1 Dec.'79 *Rootless Hair*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Staffordshire street Peckham 1979... the builders yard... imagine at night no lamp posts no housing lights... but I remember it only as not much there and no light at night during those times...

staffordshire street 1979.jpg

Clayton Road starts here.. you will see the last bus stop just after The Clayton Arms.. that was there at the time... if look close someone is there waiting for bus then the road turned around to go onto Rye Lane. My great grandparents lived to the right of this picture in a block right next to Peckham Bus Garage.....it would have looked same building and road wise in 79 ..

clayton arms.jpg

stafford.jpg

Where the red bus is (middle) .. is the turning into Staffordshire street... the buildling on the end right of photo is Peckham Police Station

Staffordshire street Peckham 1979... the builders yard... imagine at night no lamp posts no housing lights... but I remember it only as not much there and no light at night during those times...

View attachment 531069

Clayton Road starts here.. you will see the last bus stop just after The Clayton Arms.. that was there at the time... if look close someone is there waiting for bus then the road turned around to go onto Rye Lane. My great grandparents lived to the right of this picture in a block right next to Peckham Bus Garage.....it would have looked same building and road wise in 79 ..

View attachment 531071

View attachment 531076

Where the red bus is (middle) .. is the turning into Staffordshire street... the buildling on the end right of photo is Peckham Police Station

is it just me? I get such a creepy vibe from these pictures and the other ones earlier in the thread

IMO The Indian take away she had was key to her choosing to go down dark Staffordshire St after the refusal to go into the depot (it's all really very close proximity ) just meant she probably was gonna go down Peckham Hill St because better lit, busier, much wider.. had 3 pubs in very close proximity.
IMO I don't reckon anybody would risk dragging someone into that road from the Depot end. A high rise block overlooks it... and any cars coming down Clayton Road would see... as would any heading towards Queens road... however once in that alley way not far in you'd not be able see much in there from either end. .. and unlikely cars would drive down there. IMO I believe the person was local and knew exactly the status of lonely dark Staffordshire Street. The Bus woman did see a man running out of there. I believe they watched her walk in there and went in and attacked. I could easily see how hte man running out was the owner of the parked Car seen. I can't see any reason why a car would be parked there.. it could only be parked along the shops and they'd al be closed I do not recall a phone box being there. It was actually ' The North Peckham Est that was called ' Muggers Paradise' due to its overall design.

View attachment 361257
By
Holly Evans
14 AUG 2022
rbbm. Lengthy article.

''One such case was that of Sally Shepherd, a young woman who was stripped, raped and brutally beaten to death with a blunt instrument in south London. She was only 24 years old when she was attacked in Peckham in December 2019, with her body found in a builder’s yard behind the police station.''

''At the time of her grizzly murder, Sally was working as a restaurant manager at the Young Vic theatre, and was living near the bus depot in Peckham. On November 30, she spent an evening visiting friends in Essex, before collecting an Indian takeaway and boarding her bus at New Cross.

During the early hours of December 1, it stopped at Clayton Road, its final destination for passengers, she disembarked and began the walk back to her home on Staffordshire Street. It is unclear what happened to Sally from then onwards, but at some point she met her attacker who brutally dragged her through a wire fence with such force that her leather boots were left behind.

She was then stripped naked, raped and beaten to death in a builder’s yard, which ironically was located behind the local police station. She suffered multiple broken ribs and a damaged spine, with detectives at the time stating that they believed she had been stamped on during the course of the attack.

Connection to the Ripper?
In 2013, retired police officer Chris Clark claimed that the Yorkshire Ripper could have been responsible for her murder. Peter Sutcliffe was convicted in 1981 for the murders of 13 women and the attempted murders of another seven, and died in prison in 2020.

Following his death, Clark, who had formerly worked in intelligence, called for a new national probe into the unsolved murder of Sally. He said: “The National Crime Agency should be looking into these cases as a UK-wide force. As opposed to separate forces. Sally is not a stand-alone case – there’s another six cases in London which as far as I’m concerned he committed. All of the hallmarks of the Yorkshire Ripper are in Sally’s case.”

Sutcliffe was a lorry driver who often travelled the country, and it was confirmed that he had been in London on a delivery at the time of her killing. His first wife had also completed a teacher training course in nearby Deptford, therefore he had “good knowledge” of the Peckham area. Clark also noted that the Ripper’s method of killing his victims by using ligatures and weapons and then dragging their bodies was also replicated in Sally’s murder.

Despite this evidence, Sutcliffe was never formally charged or investigated for her murder. The depraved killer has also been associated to another 16 unsolved murders across the country.
Chris Clark is IMO a complete nuisance and an embarrassment to the true crime community.

I'm sick of his half baked theories being given airtime.

He doesnt understand DNA at all, and was made to look a complete idiot on the recent Marcel Theroux documentary about Eve Stratford and Lynne Weedon.

I'm willing to engage in debate with him, his co-writers, or his publishers, any time they want.

Chris Clark is IMO a complete nuisance and an embarrassment to the true crime community.

I'm sick of his half baked theories being given airtime.

He doesnt understand DNA at all, and was made to look a complete idiot on the recent Marcel Theroux documentary about Eve Stratford and Lynne Weedon.

I'm willing to engage in debate with him, his co-writers, or his publishers, any time they want.
'The PlayBoy Bunny Murder Trailer - 2023 - ITV Documentary Miniseries - Plot Synopsis: Follow Marcel Theroux as he investigates the disturbing and unsolved 1970s killings of Eve Stratford - a Playboy Bunny who aspired to be a famous model - Lynda Farrow, a croupier with years of experience working in night-time London, and Lynne Weedon, a schoolgirl whose whole life lay ahead of her. Marcel's hunt to shed light on who was responsible takes him back to that time and sees him try to track down police files, examine new breakthroughs, and travel across the world.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back