GUILTY FL - Alisa Mathewson, 37, kidnapped, raped and almost murdered, Lithia, 11 March 2017 *husband Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Trevor Summers Hearings & Trial

2:00:48
Watch Live: FL v. Trevor Summers - Dad On Trial For Kidnapping, Attempted Murder Of Mom
Law&Crime Network

26:00
Opening Statement: Prosecutor Details Trevor Summers Kidnapping Wife, Abusing Her
Law&Crime Network

9:50
Opening Statement: Defense Says Allegations Against Trevor Summers Are Only a 'Story'
Law&Crime Network

4:38:06
Watch Live: FL v. Trevor Summers - Dad On Trial For Kidnapping, Attempted Murder Of Mom Day 1 Part 2
Law&Crime Network

35:36
Victim Tells Jury She Was Kidnapped, Tied Up and Held Captive by Husband
Law&Crime Network

I think this is the same judge for that guy from CT who killed his wife and kids.

This must have such a hard day. Horrifying to hear / read.

Of course he got another attorney at the last minute. Dipstick realized he was 110% doomed. Now he’s maybe 100% doomed. Idiot.

Snip
In the figurative last minute on Monday, defendant Summers walked back his decision to represent himself to charges.

I was watching a different trial this morning when a L&C Mod said Summers fired his attorney this morning and is back to representing himself. I'm going to have to watch this later.

Cathy Russon

@cathyrusson

BREAKING: Judge: "Alright, I'm going to let you represent yourself." Defendant charged with kidnapping, sexually assaulting and attempted murder of his estranged wife is NOW representing himself and will be allowed to cross-exam his ex-wife. (Crazy!) #TrevorSummers

I’m just getting into this case now and seeing the cross exam of the victim by the defendant. I have to say so far his composure is scary good! He is actually doing a good job although I haven’t watched anything preceding this cross exam. And I haven’t got to the part where she goes off on him. But this is part of his controlling, abusive personality….this cross exam. He’s trying to make her look unstable! Wow!

I’m just getting into this case now and seeing the cross exam of the victim by the defendant. I have to say so far his composure is scary good! He is actually doing a good job although I haven’t watched anything preceding this cross exam. And I haven’t got to the part where she goes off on him. But this is part of his controlling, abusive personality….this cross exam. He’s trying to make her look unstable! Wow!

I watched some of it too and I have to say I agree. Usually pro se is a hot mess, but he's really good. He definitely got some jabs in there proving she exaggerates, but I have a feeling that won't matter to the jury. I am really curious how the state made their case for attempted murder today, but first I need to catch up on yesterday and I'm trying not to skip ahead.

I watched some of it too and I have to say I agree. Usually pro se is a hot mess, but he's really good. He definitely got some jabs in there proving she exaggerates, but I have a feeling that won't matter to the jury. I am really curious how the state made their case for attempted murder today, but first I need to catch up on yesterday and I'm trying not to skip ahead.
OK I’m glad I wasn’t the only one thinking how effective he’s been in this 1st hour I’ve seen so far. Again, I haven’t seen the state’s case either. And I agree pro se is usually a hot mess. Not this guy!

How many of you feel like you could do a good cross exam just from the experience of watching so many trials? I don’t think I can. How does he know how to do this so well?? I’m flabbergasted! He knows how to rephrase questions to get around objections!

How many of you feel like you could do a good cross exam just from the experience of watching so many trials? I don’t think I can. How does he know how to do this so well?? I’m flabbergasted! He knows how to rephrase questions to get around objections!

No way could I do it. I've been wondering if he's got YT in the jail and is watching trials on Law&Crime. It's the only thing I can think of, because how else could he learn? It's a shame he torpedoed his life, because clearly he is very bright. However, he has very poor judgement. This isn't the first time he's ended up on the wrong side of the law.

No way could I do it. I've been wondering if he's got YT in the jail and is watching trials on Law&Crime. It's the only thing I can think of, because how else could he learn? It's a shame he torpedoed his life, because clearly he is very bright. However, he has very poor judgement. This isn't the first time he's ended up on the wrong side of the law.
He would’ve made a great defense atty! I mean he is unraveling her so effectively. He economizes his questioning well. She has gotten progressively worse in her demeanor. I realize she is the victim and traumatized but he is good at this somehow without coming off like a creep! Idk how? I have watched so many trials in the last few years and I couldn’t do this! You’re right! What a wasted potential!

I feel so bad for this Survivor. This man is extremely composed while questioning his victim, I agree with that but I also see something sinister in his display. I'm having trouble putting my thoughts on paper.

This is exactly what covert abuse looks like, in my opinion. Abusers like him are very, very good at mimicking the emotions they have studied and are very good appearing calm and charming. Calculating and manipulative, he knows what buttons to push in order to make her look unstable and... he enjoys doing it. When I look at this man, I see barley contained amusement and glee over exerting this control over her, in court, while the world watches. I also see barley contained rage at her standing up to him. He wants her to look at him and she is not giving him the satisfaction. I am disgusted that this is even allowed.

This survivor is so strong and so brave! I do not see an unstable woman on that stand. I see a woman who has survived a horrific ordeal. She is being re-traumatized by having to face her abuser in this way.

All of this is just my personal opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franckybaby999
Back