FL FL - Altamonte Springs, WhtFem 67UFFL, 15-23, 'Ginger', may be from MI, Aug'73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TY Carbuff had a question mark in my mind as that I have been seeing a variance on ruleouts i.e. there will be 14 exclusions in the top right corner of the screen however only 11 exclusions listed. From your post I gather that the reason for the variance is that the agency can choose wether to have the MP or UID listed as public or private. If its private the exclusion is accounted for number wise however it is just not listed.

Hope I explained what I've been seeing lately....

I think that's likely one reason.

The other is sometimes a name will appear on the list more than once, if for instance she was suggested both because the dentals are similar and the general stats match. The new display software seems to filter those and only show the person's name once, but I think both records are still there.

When the UID's DNA is run against the system and no match comes back, essentially everybody in the database has been ruled out. That's the ruleout by default. Depending on the LE or medical examiner and the details of the case, they might check by hand to make sure there wasn't a false negative.

Matches suggested by the software, whether dentals or general stats match or whatever, are listed when LE marks them as ruled out, but it's up to LE whether that list is public. LE can hide everything, make only certain names public, whatever. They also have the option to add names of people who aren't suggested by the system, such as when a missing person from Canada is ruled out.

There are cases where LE or the medical examiner for whatever reason decide to hold the DNA. There are cases where even when both parties have DNA, the ruleout is made by dentals or fingerprints. There are cases where the ruleout was made before both parties had DNA.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.....I have a better idea now....

Ginger is featured in a new exhibition hosted by The University of South Florida’s Institute of Forensic Anthropology & Applied Science (IFAAS).
New USF Art Exhibit Aims to Help Solve Cold Case Homicides
Exhibition displays consist of clay busts and drawings, digital compositions, artifacts and information about the crime scenes. Kimmerle, USF graduate students and Sgt. Sergio Soto, a forensic artist with IFAAS, created the reconstructions and exhibit. Their work is part of the ongoing statewide cold case initiative by IFAAS, for which the team conducted a number of forensic methods - such as exhuming Jane and John Doe graves for skeletal analysis, facial and clothing reconstructions, chemical isotope testing of the bones, hair and teeth, as well as DNA testing.
Art of Forensics

Case 3: Teenage Girl in FL

usf16-020c-facial-image.jpg

Facial Composite: Erin H. Kimmerle

North of Lake Lotus, the skeletal remains of a 14 to 18-year-old girl of European (White) ancestry were discovered in a wooded area frequently used to dump trash by local residents. While her cause of death is unknown, her death may have been connected to a series of murders that occurred in the area. Her hair was medium to dark brown, wavy, and pulled back into a ponytail. She was 5’2” to 5’9” ft. tall. Chemical isotope analysis suggests she was born in the West to Northwest regions of the U.S. and had lived in the Midwest prior to her death.

Date of Discovery: August 21, 1973

USF16-020C SCSO: 1973-00001322
ME: 1973-01322 NamUs: UP 1341

Any information that may assist with this case please contact:
Karla Orozco, District 7 Medical Examiner
(ph.) 386-258-4060 / korozco@volusia.org

Det. Jennifer L. Spears, Seminole County Sheriff’s Office
(ph.) 407-665-6847 / jspears@seminolesheriff.org

The ring in the video above stuck out to me - Alexandrite - for June birthdays, because that's a pretty expensive stone (at least nowadays) for a young girl to wear. Though maybe it is actually a simulated stone IRL.

But when the reporter in the video mentions that she could have just celebrated a birthday before being killed, it made me wonder if someone had just given it to her (or family in the past).

I so wish someone would recognize the ring!

2ur8fuo.jpg

Seminole County authorities said an important clue was found near her body: a size 6 white-gold ring. The ring has an Alexandra stone, which is a June birth stone. Authorities said the ring was purchased at Davidson & Son Jewelers in NYC.

Seminole County Cold Case: Photo could help ID girl 45 years after remains found

I wonder what her hair really looked like. She had wavy , light brown hair...but what kind of wavy....if I look at the recon....I associate wavy with a slightly different "look".

According to her Namus entry, that's how she was wearing her hair when she was found: "Her hair was medium to dark brown, wavy, and pulled back into a ponytail."

Unidentified Person Case

Ruleouts:

MP2501 Cynthia Coon 04/02/1970 Washtenaw MI
MP26255 Judy Davis 05/13/1972 Duval FL
MP24164 Helen Green 01/01/1971 Cook IL
MP11478 Pamela Hobley 10/31/1969 Iosco MI
MP4632 Gail Joiner 09/22/1972 Hillsborough FL
MP3980 Debora Lowe 02/29/1972 Broward FL
MP22528 Kathleen Rodgers 03/03/1973 Butte CA
MP5533 Denise Sheehy 07/07/1970 Queens NY
MP1832 Kathy Wilcox 07/12/1972 Allegan MI

The new images look far better than the old clay models. I keep thinking of this missing girl whenever I see "Ginger" but I really don't think circumstances match, plus she would have had to have her braces removed. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tengelsen_carlene.html

dogperson it's been four years since your 2014 post, but I had just been wondering about Carlene myself. Here's her thread:

GA - GA - Carlene Tengelsen, 16, Macon, 21 June 1972

Anyone know if Carlene has ever been ruled out? Here's a side by side I tried to do:

dpyamo.jpg

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 2837DFGA

This article explains most of the case from the family info:

The Miracle of Loss, a two-part feature from 1999 on the disappearance of Carlene Tengelsen

If you read the article linked above that has more info about the disappearance, this part about her father stood out to me:

"Arnold Tengelsen had just checked into his motel in De Land, Fla., when your mama called.

All you ever knew was that he'd arrived home, solid as ever. You never knew he'd motored back through a hurricane's wake, that as the miles had churned by he kept pulling off the highway. But not because of the weather. He had to vomit".

Did you know DeLand is only about 45 minutes from where this body was found?

No Michigan connection (that I see) but it appears Carlene's hair was wavy because the article talks of her ironing it.

She wore braces, so her teeth were probably "crooked" (though as dogperson says no braces were found, only loose teeth).

Carlene was slender and 5' 9".

I posted a previous post #66 about the ring that was found with the body, and how Alexandrite was for June birthdays. Well Carlene went missing June 21, and had only had her license for 2 weeks = June birthday?

Probably all coincidental but I would feel much better if she was ruled out!

Victoria Bowers?

She went missing in late May 1973 from Deltona, Florida. Deltona is 27 minutes away from Altamonte Springs.

She was 17 years old, had brown, wavy hair, was 5’3’’ and weighed 103 pounds.

The only odd thing was that she had a glass left eye. It could have not been found or could have been taken by animals.

NamUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• F2F64876-6B13-433B-BAFC-3D844974C7BA.jpeg
    F2F64876-6B13-433B-BAFC-3D844974C7BA.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
Victoria Bowers?

She went missing in late May 1973 from Deltona, Florida. Deltona is 27 minutes away from Altamonte Springs.

She was 17 years old, had brown, wavy hair, was 5’3’’ and weighed 103 pounds.

The only odd thing was that she had a glass left eye. It could have not been found or could have been taken by animals.

NamUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
It's definitely worth looking into.

I'm wondering if Niki Britten was ever considered? She ran away from her grandmother 's home in July of 1969 from Oregon. Phoned family friends that fall to say she was working in NYC (the ring?) and had a history of running away, and parents living elsewhere. Pennsylvania- mother, father abusive/unknown state.

She looks a bit like this earlier artist sketch:

Screenshot_2019-04-20-21-12-22_kindlephoto-52236729.png Screenshot_2019-04-20-21-12-08_kindlephoto-52184365.png

Niki Diane Britten – The Charley Project

I know there wasn't a cause of death...the other identified girl found with Ginger's body was stabbed to death. Makes you wonder about possible suspects. Still thinking about Mary Anne Wesolowski as a possibility...she was born in June, the ring had his origin/was made in New York (could be delivering all over the USA). In the podcast there was besides the ring, a necklace. I'm going to try pull that to this thread.
Who is she? Photo could help ID girl 45 years after remains found in Seminole County

upload_2020-2-12_16-32-35.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back