Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids are grown, and I may be not in tune with what people do today, but is it normal for a little girl to be starting breakfast, with hot oil, at 9 years old? Maybe they were running this girl ragged, with mom being pregnant, and she left on her own.

That was somebody on here speculating about possible reasons for the hot stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the blanket could hold evidence?
Yes, could hold evidence or used as part of disposal. IT is known that a perpetrator that is known to the victim will wrap them.

"Others, meanwhile, think it could be a custody dispute between the girl's mother and her biological father, who lives in Mexico.

"We hope, you know, that it is the father. Best-case scenario it is him," said Nancy Martinez, a cousin. "You know, he's not likely to harm her. That's what we are hoping for. that it's a custody battle. The not knowing anything is killing us.""

http://www.abc-7.com/story/32091839/deputies-say-missing-girl-not-near-her-home

Maybe it really is a custody situation. Lord knows we've seen infinite parental abduction cases...usually the parent takes the child firsthand/directly, though, right? The dad is in Mexico...have you guys ever heard of a case where someone was hired by a (noncustodial) parent to take the child on their behalf? Tia.

..I'm very confused about the roommate(s)...? were there 1, 2, 3 of them at various times since they've been there for a year and 1/2 ?

..1st there was one, who lived with them briefly, they tried to contact him, finally reached him in Orlando where he said he didn't know where Diana was.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper
“He left like a month ago before this thing happened,” Diana’s stepfather says. “He said, ‘I’m going to move. I don’t have no more job here.”

Jimenez says they believe the man is about 25 or 26 years old. He lived with their family for a short period of time while he searched for work. They never noticed anything strange about him. The mom tells Four In Your Corner the last time they saw him was a week ago when he came back to the house to pick up some of his belongings. When Diana mysteriously disappeared, her parents tried reaching out to the roommate. They say originally he didn’t answer their calls right away. When they finally got in touch with him he said he was in Orlando looking for work and didn’t know about Diana’s whereabouts.

..then it was that the roommate had been with them for 9 months ( not what I would consider a "short time".)
..is this the one that drives a white van, and someone noted that a white van was seen nearby around the time of the disappearance..?

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...rch-missing-diana-alvares-continues/85233838/

Jimenez also wants to know if authorities have talked to a former roommate who moved out recently. He said he has not heard if the man has been contacted.
"He lived with us for nine months," he said.

--now, it's 2 roommates, brothers, and they haven't been able to reach them at all.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...rch-missing-diana-alvares-continues/85233838/

At this point the family tells Four In Your Corner they believe their old roommates, who are brothers, may have taken Diana.
She says whoever took Diana left a pan with oil on the stove. The heat was on high. She says she believes the person or persons who took her may have wanted to leave without a trace.

The mother tells Four In Your Corner the old roommates haven’t returned her calls. We tried calling but neither man answered.

..are the roommate, and the roommates (brothers) different people? One lived there for a short time, another for 9 months, the brothers for who knows how long....?

""She's somewhere else. But my heart tells me she's still alive," he said. "I was going all around in my head. I'm still upset. Still thinking how, when, who."

Jimenez said he has to stay strong for Hernandez, who is ready to give birth to their daughter any day.

While not discounting any possible scenario," Jimenez said that he just wants news.

"I just want to find my girl," he said.

He said the family contacted*the principal at San Carlos Elementary School, where Diana went.

"Any little thing that could help us," is what he said they asked the school for.

His next move is to possibly go to Okeechobee and talk with people there who work in the area."

Update #5

The staging area for Law Enforcement and Urban Search and Rescue Teams has been secured. After a massive and exhaustive search in a several mile radius around Diana Alveres’s home it has been determined that there is no evidence to suggest that she is in the area. Leads coming in from concerned citizens and other investigative avenues are actively being pursued and at this point we cannot comment on them.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office and our Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement partners remain dedicated to Diana. Our investigative teams remain in the field, and will leave no stone un-turned in the aggressive investigation into Diana’s disappearance. Further updates to follow when available.

Diana is a Hispanic female, 4'4”, 95 lbs., dark hair, brown eyes, and has two scars on one of her legs. She was last seen wearing an unknown color shirt, blue bottoms, unknown shoes, and may be carrying a green blanket with flower print.

Anyone with information should call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES(274637) keyword: REWARD

249843/MM

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=news/index&id=14482

It is so tragic that Diana's mother has to give birth to a baby during this ultra stressful time. I really hope everything is okay with that process. What a nightmare when it should be the happiest time ever.

I don't know why, but I do not think the mother or stepfather are involved. I am wondering how much access the stepmother had to Diana? Could she have given Diana a pre-paid phone (untraceable) for her to have contact with her and her father?

I am honestly trying to cling to ANYTHING that would make me believe that she is safe and being taken care of.

Here is the big question of the day for me------ am I understanding that dad's wife/ girlfriend lives in Florida? But he lives in Mexico? And she claims she runs his FB page? Do they not live together? Since when? I guess what I am saying is that if she is here, I would expect him to be close. If he is there, I would expect her to be close. she doesn't seem like the "let my man live in another country" kinda woman.

Really couldn't agree more with this post. What a bizarre set up...

I really don't know what the heck to make of any of this :thinking:

""She's somewhere else. But my heart tells me she's still alive," he said. "I was going all around in my head. I'm still upset. Still thinking how, when, who."

Jimenez said he has to stay strong for Hernandez, who is ready to give birth to their daughter any day.

While not discounting any possible scenario," Jimenez said that he just wants news.

"I just want to find my girl," he said.

He said the family contacted*the principal at San Carlos Elementary School, where Diana went.

"Any little thing that could help us," is what he said they asked the school for.

His next move is to possibly go to Okeechobee and talk with people there who work in the area."

I hope LE is looking in Okeechobee, bio dad appears to have quite a few family members who live there.

Step mum/girlfriend did race up there very quickly trying to get custody. How would she get it over the actual mother? I can understand that bio dad can't as he is in Mexico, but what custodial rights would she have?

I know nothing about immigration laws. Would either parent be in jeopardy of being deported? Wondering about those they know, if they are here illegally, maybe their associates are as well, and that's why we're hearing bits and pieces. They all are afraid of being sent back to Mexico. So there's Diana, two other siblings that are school age, a yr old baby, Mom, her boyfriend and another baby on the way, all living in the trailer. Then two men they rented a room to. Boyfriend works, but Mom doesn't. Diana's biological father was here, was caught with weapons and deported to Mexico. Three of the children with Mom are his, and he has at least one more by his girlfriend. None of these people are married or have been married to each other. Is that because of fear of deportation as well? Or is it common?

(Mod snip)

If I understand correctly, all the children have been born in America so are Americans. Is that correct? So they can't be deported, but would they send their parents back? Leaving the kids here? I don't know.

Yet despite that, it appears LE was notified immediately when Diana was found missing. So even with deportation a possibility, they didn't hesitate on notifying LE she was missing. IMO, they know the two roommates are illegals, and didn't want to tell the public until they felt these two could very well be behind her disappearance. They are willing to take the risk they are wrong, and having the roommates deported in order to find Diana. I don't believe they would tell LE who the roommates are, and their fears unless they really believe this happened. They wouldn't want their friends and rest of the family afraid of being deported since they told on the roommates, IMO. So this theory must be what they strongly believe.

(Mod snip)

If they are here illegally they could be "apprehended" after she is found and sent back. Also you are right, the kids are American so they could stay here and the parents sent back.

Mexicans for the most part, do not trust LE. They come from a country where authorities are very corrupted. So there could be mistrust in that area.

All MOO!

Step mum/girlfriend did race up there very quickly trying to get custody. How would she get it over the actual mother? I can understand that bio dad can't as he is in Mexico, but what custodial rights would she have?
None. She has no case. If both parents were deemed unfit they would look to other family members or else state's custody, not dad's girlfriend of a couple years who has no relationship with the children and a number of children of her own.

Here is the big question of the day for me------ am I understanding that dad's wife/ girlfriend lives in Florida? But he lives in Mexico? And she claims she runs his FB page? Do they not live together? Since when? I guess what I am saying is that if she is here, I would expect him to be close. If he is there, I would expect her to be close. she doesn't seem like the "let my man live in another country" kinda woman.

As per whomever reports, he was deported last year. I doubt he is allowed to return legally. However I'm under the impression that his gf/wife/mate might be legal so maybe something would work from that.

I think gf/mate was trying to a greater things to get the rest of his kids back home with her and dad to have access to them. Maybe once she gets custody of the kids, she can then bring them to Mexico where he is.

What a mess.

I think there are currently five children living in the house. Diana, two school age siblings, the cute little guy sitting on his dads lap during the interview and the baby. One more on the way will make six.

Bio dad deported due to domestic dispute? I thought it was possessing a weapon or something like that?

Bio dad deported due to domestic dispute? I thought it was possessing a weapon or something like that?

It was a domestic disturbance call with a firearm involved.

ETA - And he was an illegal in possession of a firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper