Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, it's so hard not to get emotionally involved. I know we have been all hoping for Diana's safe return. I hope he doesnt have the propensity to kill or have killed her. I'm so angry and disgusted. She's 9 years old! Freaking perv!!!! I knew it!

My Niece's husband is Portuguese and as far as I know, they have the same naming practices of most South American families. The children take on their first name (picked by the parents). What we call a "middle" name would be the mother's maiden name and the "last" name would be the last name of the father. My nieces husband and his siblings (boys and girls) have the same... second name/middle name... as their mother's maiden name.

ETA: I don't want to post what my Niece and her Husband have chosen for my Great Nieces name (YES!! They are expecting and we just learned they are having a girl!! and I am beyond excited!! ), but I will say her name is --- FIRST NAME --- Mother's Maiden name - Father's Last name.

Congratulations, LolaMoon! :baby:

I wonder how soon the family let LE know about their suspicions? We didn't hear it until the last day or so.

The first mention of a roommate here on Websleuths was an article posted by a moderator on 5/31, post #429, two days after she went missing.
The linked article has since been updated and revised, so the original post date is somewhat skewed.

I think it is entirely possible she went out to see him. her shoes are gone. no one heard anything. somehow, some way.

Mom and step dad sleep with their door open ALL the time, according to step dad. As a matter of fact, he showed that there is something in the way of his door to prevent it from ever closing.

How in the world can this guy (or anyone for that matter), come into that trailer and take a sleeping child without either Mom or step Dad hearing it?

I know some people think that she went outside herself to meet him, but I don't see that happening. I also don't see how she got up earlier than everyone else and just happened to look out the window/door and saw the ex roommate just standing there. That would be one hell of a coincidence if that was the case.

Where did I say LE said that? I said I KNEW... It was my GUT instinct. And it should not have taken FIVE days to figure it out. That poor baby is most likely out of the Country now... and ALL because people wanted to point fingers at the stepfather!!

Whoa, slow down. You're getting defensive for no reason. :facepalm: I was really asking for a link because it's entirely possible that I missed it. I had to go out this morning and don't sit on the computer all day.

Nobody is pointing fingers at the step father. We are all trying to figure out what happened. Just because your "gut" tells you something, doesn't make it a fact. I truly and honestly thought LE said something since you said you KNEW.

I won't even bother responding to the LE bashing. Until you're in their shoes you (collectively) have no idea what they have to go through in cases like this.

IMO the Mom and Step Dad likely slept hard. She is 9 months pregnant. I believe Step Dad works as a landscaper? He must crash and burn after a hard days work in the heat.

I read a link at the beginning of this case that Mom said she gets up to go pee several times a night. I'll try to find it later. Step dad also said he would have heard something. I am only going off of their own words.

I agree, its possible.

once, the tree outside our bedroom window caught on fire. the fire dept responded and were in our backyard, right outside our window, and banged on our door in the middle of the night and we didn't hear a THING. we got up in the morning and saw ashes everywhere and called them to check for hot spots, and they came out and asked if we had been home the night before because they had been there!

IMO the Mom and Step Dad likely slept hard. She is 9 months pregnant. I believe Step Dad works as a landscaper? He must crash and burn after a hard days work in the heat.

The first mention of a roommate here on Websleuths was an article posted by a moderator on 5/31, post #429, two days after she went missing.
The linked article has since been updated and revised, so the original post date is somewhat skewed.

I trust LCSO and am sure they were doing everything they could with what they had when they had it.

FDLE fb post about Diana:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1141026455938582&substory_index=0&id=131933396847898

I am c&p their comments about why no amber alert since it is LE:

Hi (redacted), The difference between an AMBER Alert and Missing Child Alert is that in an AMBER Alert, the preliminary investigation indicates the child may have been abducted. Sometimes, as an investigation moves forward, more information is received. If the criteria for an AMBER Alert is met, we upgrade the alert, even if we've already pushed out a Missing Child Alert. Here is a link to more information about AMBER Alerts. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MCICSearch/Amber.asp

Another reply:

The Missing Child Alert was established for children who go missing when there is no indication of an abduction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just bumping this post to remind us what FDLE said. Note that there was a Missing Child Alert for Diana, and they have apparently now moved forward enough in the investigation to make it an AA.

Please, please let Diana be found unharmed.

Another thing to add. We had NOTHING but girls in our family for 38 years. My nephew, who is 3-years-old, broke the girls reign... but has his father's last name. It got so dire (not to sound mean, but there were NO boys to carry on the paternal last name) that they started putting our middle names as our father's last name. I didn't get it, but one of my sisters did and multiple female cousins did. And we're Irish. So my sister and multiple cousins have the "O --- insert name) as a middle name.

wow! soooo O'Confusing! :)

Just bumping this post to remind us what FDLE said. Note that there was a Missing Child Alert for Diana, and they have apparently now moved forward enough in the investigation to make it an AA.

Please, please let Diana be found unharmed.

Yes but the Missing Child Alerts don't go out on our phones.

Now that there are two former roommates...maybe one left because no work and the other left because of the confrontation. Who knows....it is becoming very hard to keep up. I wonder if it is more that maybe some things seemed insignificant before and they are racking their brains trying to think of those little details. However, confronting someone about inappropriate comments isn't a little detail.
I was thinking the same thing!

Discomfort with behavior of the roomie towards Diana is a HUGE red flag... JMO...

:what:

One thing that stands out the most to me is the dog not being in its usual spot. Why, on that particular night and who is responsible for that? Could Diana and the roommate have been communicating since his departure? Reports of her having a FB....maybe he set up so they could keep in touch....was this whole thing prearranged mutually? He was familiar to the home...knew what doors would be open, familiar to the dog....just all speculation of course. People have expressed concern over the blanket, while I have just thought it could be an item of comfort to bring a long no matter the scenario.....I can't get over the timing of the dog being in a different location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay