FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also sounds like the gf didn't call the father either. Did the father have a cell phone?

My thoughts exactly. Why else would she not have attempted to reach him? And even if he didn't have a cell why weren't the police called immediately?? Suppose it may have just been a matter of minutes prior to father's arrival--she awakens as she's used to his schedule? JMO
:parrot:

I hope the GF and Dad takes lie test. ASAP that way we can clear them. if one refuses
that be hinkey and if they lawyer up. OMG another one. my heart is breaking
:::::::::( I wonder if Mark L will come and help???

So you think he was "overdramatizing" a bit, Steve? (I did think this for an instant when he fell to his knees twice.) Still...I am not sure. I am not ready to throw him to the wolves yet until we know if he has a solid alibi until 3:00 am and his story about the 27 minutes before calling 911.

He struck me as strange to. I also did not think the GF was that upset in the 911 call. I want to know who was the last person to see the child outside Dad and the GF? Also do most late night shifts end at 3:00am? I thought most were like 11-7am. Wondering if the GF called Dad and he came home before calling police. Just trying to figure this case out.

So you think he was "overdramatizing" a bit, Steve? (I did think this for an instant when he fell to his knees twice.) Still...I am not sure. I am not ready to throw him to the wolves yet until we know if he has a solid alibi until 3:00 am and his story about the 27 minutes before calling 911. (I haven't heard the 911 call yet.)

ETA: The father had custody and the mother saw them every other weekend according to reports.

TY SS,(I hope you don't mind if I shorten your nickname). Do we know if the GF was living with the Father or was she just staying at the house babysitting while he worked?

I have some questions that I have not seen addressed, thank you in advance for answering them for me, I have been reading along but just came to the posts about this missing child last night.

1. Do we know if the two siblings were living with their father or just there for a visit?

2. Is this GF 17 or 19? I see conflicting reports. If she is 17 is she still attending HS? Also, have we seen any information about the relationship this teenager has with these two children?

3. SeriouslySearching, posted that it was very chilly the night that Haleigh went missing. I find it odd that she was only dressed in a tee-shirt and underwear for bed, I don't think it's a red flag, but I always put sleepers with footies on my kids when it was chilly because they kicked covers off.

4. ImpatientRedhead pointed out that the sheet and blanket seemed staged. I agree that is a major red flag until we get more info.

I've got a bad feeling about this one.

In the video part of the article, the dad says he's raised Haleigh since she was 2 years old by himself so i guess he has full custody of her.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...__Search_for_5_year_old_Putnam_girl_under_way

I think it odd the gf just left the door unlocked, especially at that time of night. Her boyfriend would have his own key to get in. I've always locked all the doors at night, especially if i had children in the house.

TY MeoW333, I don't have audio on this computer or I would listen to the 911 call.

So you think he was "overdramatizing" a bit, Steve? (I did think this for an instant when he fell to his knees twice.) Still...I am not sure. I am not ready to throw him to the wolves yet until we know if he has a solid alibi until 3:00 am and his story about the 27 minutes before calling 911. (I haven't heard the 911 call yet.)

ETA: The father had custody and the mother saw them every other weekend according to reports.

Maybe, they have yet to check his work records to see IF he was there, or didn't go in late/leave early...or LE hasn't felt the need to release that info.

ETA : I, too, agree with you about the "falling to his knee's" stuff, SS....JMO

You would think upon awakening, and seeing the child gone and the door ajar, the gf would have been screaming her name in and outside the home. Before the call to 911, I wonder if she knocked on a neighbors door for help?

He struck me as strange to. I also did not think the GF was that upset in the 911 call. I want to know who was the last person to see the child outside Dad and the GF? Also do most late night shifts end at 3:00am? I thought most were like 11-7am. Wondering if the GF called Dad and he came home before calling police. Just trying to figure this case out.

Bolded portion by me:

Excellent point about the end of a shift! I didn't catch that. I also thought of who saw the child last besides the GF and Father.

Everything about this case smells wrong to me, and even if the cops say Cummings and his teen girlfriend aren't suspects, I feel like there is just an unspoken 'yet' after that statement.

Folks who think Cummings seems sincere on video are giving him a lot of credit. His demeanor bugs me, a lot, and that includes the ugly way he addressed the 911 operator. At the moment, though, I'm trying to reserve judgment because I remember the treatment Mark Lunsford received from so many people on message boards, people who thought him suspicious because he was always in a ball cap and just seemed a tad shady. That wasn't fair, and I'd like to be fair to this guy (I only briefly suspected Lunsford, and never posted about it on a board or in a blog).

Still, I don't think Cummings is a good actor at all. He seems insincere to me. He knows the words but not the music. His pained facial expressions are, I don't know, off. But -- you never know how this sort of thing will hit a person.

Predators typically target slightly older children. Of course there are always exceptions, but in 4 years of writing about crimes like this and many more years studying such things, I have very rarely heard of sex predators targeting children younger than 7. Also -- utterly silent home snatchings have occurred -- like Jessica Lunsford and apparently Coralrose Fullwood -- but they too are rare. We all just forget that because basically, if you're posting at Websleuths, you probably read about crime, A LOT.

The other terrible thing about missing kids who are under 6 or 7 -- it seems like they rarely come home okay. This one has been very depressing from the get-go because all my instincts -- which I've honed -- have said, nope, that poor child is gone.

I'll try and call the Putnam Sheriff's Office for a True Crime Report update later today, but they've been awfully busy.

Steve

Bold by me.

I totally agree. Lunsford was an easy target, lived in a trailer, prior arrest, rode a motorcycle, etc, etc. People where quick to blame.

IMO the GF is my concern. my instincts tell me that it is unorthodox that she was sleeping in bed with Hayleigh. One would imagine that dad and gf would have their own bed, afterall the MH was described as a doublewide which means it probably had 2 or 3 bdrms, also, it was could out and if the blanket/sheets where from her bed I would think she would have noticed them gone.

In regards to your comment about 6 or 7 yo's coming home okay, the first 24 hours are the most important as they say. Folks, we've passed the first 24. It's like playing texas holdum, where on the river card now and the percentige that Hayleigh is coming home okay has just gone down unfortunately.

7 PM to 3 AM shift?

I have some questions that I have not seen addressed, thank you in advance for answering them for me, I have been reading along but just came to the posts about this missing child last night.

1. Do we know if the two siblings were living with their father or just there for a visit?father had custody of Haleigh and her brother

2. Is this GF 17 or 19? I see conflicting reports. If she is 17 is she still attending HS? Also, have we seen any information about the relationship this teenager has with these two children?LE has stated the girlfriend is 17 (she has on myspace 19 but good chance that's a lie) nothing on the relationship last time she was on myspace was Sept and it stated single. So I'm going to say she's been in the picture less than 6 months

3. SeriouslySearching, posted that it was very chilly the night that Haleigh went missing. I find it odd that she was only dressed in a tee-shirt and underwear for bed, I don't think it's a red flag, but I always put sleepers with footies on my kids when it was chilly because they kicked covers off. My oldest sweats even when it is cold out she will not wear night pants, but usually wears shorts. So this is not to strange to me

4. ImpatientRedhead pointed out that the sheet and blanket seemed staged. I agree that is a major red flag until we get more info. Yeah that is strange also, and that LE says it appears no forced entry

I've got a bad feeling about this one.

Bold is mine hope this helps some. All the news stories state different things.

TY SS,(I hope you don't mind if I shorten your nickname). Do we know if the GF was living with the Father or was she just staying at the house babysitting while he worked?

I just can't get over the 17 yo g/f thing....isn't it funny to use g/f and "babysitting" in the same sentence?? When I hear babysitting, I think of a high school kid who sneeks her boyfriend over while the parents are out...LOL

TY jnTexas! Sigh...this isn't going to go well.

This from the end of the Gainsville Newspaper article,

Griffis said Wednesday that Haleigh's mother is very distraught, that she won't eat and that she has been shaking.

The grandmother said Croslin, the father's girlfriend, is not supposed to have contact with the family.

Griffis said she is suspicious of the 17-year-old. Even though Croslin, Cummings' girlfriend for three or four months, has been good with the children, Griffis questioned how the 5-year-old could possibly have been taken while Croslin was there in the same room.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...__Search_for_5_year_old_Putnam_girl_under_way

I'm not going to point fingers either, but would like to give my "vibes" on the video with the dad. I'm talking about the uncut version. The beginning of it looked fake to me and I couldn't shake that. Then in the middle, my heart started to break and I believed him as he was hunched over. But then, toward the end, I began to notice that he was sobbing and there were NO tears. That seemed hinky to me and I wondered if maybe his "tear machine" doesn't work or whatever. But, then he seemed to squeeze really hard and a tear or two popped out.

I dunno, but that bugs me. It bugged me last night and it bugs me this morning.

TY MeoW333, I don't have audio on this computer or I would listen to the 911 call.

I'm using 2 different computers (my regular desktop is lacking sound)

I find it odd the father keeps saying "somebody stole my child" in the different videos. Won't the proper word be kidnapped? They seem too sure that she didn't just wander off. Very adamant about "somebody stole my child"

Griffis said Wednesday that Haleigh's mother is very distraught, that she won't eat and that she has been shaking.

The grandmother said Croslin, the father's girlfriend, is not supposed to have contact with the family.
Griffis said she is suspicious of the 17-year-old. Even though Croslin, Cummings' girlfriend for three or four months, has been good with the children, Griffis questioned how the 5-year-old could possibly have been taken while Croslin was there in the same room.

That is very interesting. I read the article and the GM and extended family are responding just as we would expect them to do in such a situation. Pleading for Haleigh's safe return.

I hope that LE are interviewing this GF extensively.

You would think upon awakening, and seeing the child gone and the door ajar, the gf would have been screaming her name in and outside the home. Before the call to 911, I wonder if she knocked on a neighbors door for help?

Like everyone, I too am wondering who besides gf was last to see Haleigh... and who--if anyone--the gf alerted. Story isn't adding up.
:parrot:

The girlfriend is not supposed to have contact with the family. Why?? I wish she would've said more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local