FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you make out anything else that's being said in the background of that call?

She seems more afraid of him on the call than anything else, though I only listened to the first call. I have a 4 year old and she is 41 inches and 40lbs. I know she could have been small but it seems if you are calling someone your "daughter" you would know their height and weight. Between 40 and 60lbs is a huge difference.

Of course he seemed very mad in the background and she could have just been totally freaking out because she thought he was going to do something to her.... I don't know something is fishy.... I fear for this little girl....

And I am in constant amazement as to what kind of life situations kids are exposed to. So very sad really.

He says in Part 2/he says to Misty: How the fxxx did you let me daughter get stolen BIxxx.

Guys don't just necessarily pop out with language like this under duress if they're normally pretty nice. He has spoken to her this way before in other stressful situations, is my guess.

I think we need to do some sleuthing on this thread. Does anyone know where the father works at. They said he worked shift work. I would like to know what the shifts are? Most are 7-3,3-11 or 11-7 so what kind of work would you get off at 3am?

If he got off at 11pm, then that would be really strange for him not to get home till 3am. I am off to hunt down some answers.

Several have remarked that the idea of a shift ending at 3am is odd-well, maybe it actually ended at a more logical 11 or 12pm...and the dad was out at a bar or party. That would not be a happy thing for his girlfriend waiting at home with his kids...

I had thought maybe he worked the 7-3 shift but I think your explanation would work well.

I don't think George should be doing anything with missing children at all.
1. Until the case is over &
2. Until he shows the world he believes his daughter is guilty, he won't do anyone any good. He stays in denial, he does not make for a good spokesperson whatsoever. I certainly wouldn't want help from him.
3. The heros of the world like John Walsh and Marc Klass will not sit beside George on any TV show.

JMHO

Oh, I definitely don't think of him as a spokesperson or a television interview panelist....just simply to show up, pat the grandparents on the back in private and say "I know how frightened you are and I am praying that this turns out so much better for all of you than it did for me." And then offer to go to the store for them or make a coffee run.....just to be there not to be in front of anyone at all.

"she was in her pajamas" qoute gf on 911 call.
Her voice goes between panicy stressed then switches to normal in parts.
Both their worriedness sounded stressed like they're faking. When asked about if the door looks like it was pried open, the gf can't even answer the question "um.. um.. hold on" was the gf's reply then you can hear the father in the background saying no the door doesn't look forced.
The gf doesn't know the date of birth so the father yells "her f----en date of birth is we need to find her, f--- her date of birth"
They are extremely uncooperative with the 911 operator.
The gf's demeanor seems like it's forced, faked. They both do actually. It may be easier for the father to fake being pissed off than upset.

From article:

The 17-year-old called 911 for help as Haleigh's father returned home from an overnight shift at work:

CALLER: I just woke up and my back door was all open and I can't find my daughter.

DISPATCH: Can't find what?

CALLER: My daughter.

DISPATCH:Ok. When did you last see her?

CALLER: Um, we just like, you know, it was about 10 o'clock. She was sleeping (inaudible).

DISPATCH: Ok. How old is your daughter?

CALLER: She's 5.

DISPATCH: OK. What was she last seen wearing, Ma'am?

CALLER: She was in her pajamas. We were sleeping.

DISPATCH: OK. Alright, you said your back door was wide open?

CALLER: Yes, with a brick. Like, there was a brick on the floor. Like, when I went to sleep the door was not like that.

DISPATCH: Was your back door locked do you know?

CALLER: Yes. The back door always stays locked.

FATHER: I just got home from work, my 5-year-old daughter is gone. I need someone to be here now. I'm telling you. If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing him. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison.

DISPATCH: It's OK sir, we got them on the way. Can you give me a description of the pajamas she was wearing?

FATHER: I don't (expletive) know I was at work.

I can only read this text. The 17 yr old referred to Haleigh as her daughter? Can anyone relate the tone and demeanor of this call to me please? I have no audio :(

After reading this over and over again, I can't tell if there is a "cover-up" or a very distraught father who's child disappeared into the night.

Either way, my hope is that the father (if he is aware of more), will not cover up for a 17 yo girlfriend he only knows several months. The important thing now is finding Haleigh, and I'm still praying she will be found safe.

Is anyone besides me having serious issues with that 911 call? I'm trying to figure out if it's my speakers or the tape itself. It's fuzzy as heck and I can hardly make out a thing but garbled speech on the callers end of the tape.
I'm looking for my other (packed up) speakers but to me, it sounds as though a LOT was left out of the transcript of this call.
The father sounds VERY angry to me( not upset), cursing the gf, and she sounds terrified to me...of him, not of what's happened.

Guys don't just necessarily pop out with language like this under duress if they're normally pretty nice. He has spoken to her this way before in other stressful situations, is my guess.

I agree with you SteveHuff. From what I'm getting from the other posters (I don't have audio) he's being very verbal and letting loose with some choice words.

<snipped>

CALLER: I just woke up and my back door was all open and I can't find my daughter.

DISPATCH: Can't find what?

CALLER: My daughter.

DISPATCH:Ok. When did you last see her?

CALLER: Um, we just like, you know, it was about 10 o'clock. She was sleeping (inaudible).

DISPATCH: Ok. How old is your daughter?

CALLER: She's 5.

Haleigh's father and grandmother are pleading for the safe return of their little girl. The 5-year-old girl is described as having blond hair and brown eyes, is 3 feet tall and weighs 39 pounds.

DISPATCH: OK. What was she last seen wearing, Ma'am?

CALLER: She was in her pajamas. We were sleeping.

DISPATCH: OK. Alright, you said your back door was wide open?

CALLER: Yes, with a brick. Like, there was a brick on the floor. Like, when I went to sleep the door was not like that.

DISPATCH: Was your back door locked do you know?

CALLER: Yes. The back door always stays locked.

FATHER: I just got home from work, my 5-year-old daughter is gone. I need someone to be here now. I'm telling you. If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing him. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison.

DISPATCH: It's OK sir, we got them on the way. Can you give me a description of the pajamas she was wearing?

FATHER: I don't (expletive) know I was at work.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18686639/detail.html

Ok this bothers me. The father states the backdoor is always stayed locked> However it had a brick holding it open. There are many people who only ever use one doo for entering and exiting. Perhaps this is what this family does. Never uses the back door. Then also the brick. WHY would there be a brick holding open the door UNLESS a perp used it to hold door open in order to get little girl out? Could someone have picked the lock of the door? The brick makes me think that this WAS a SO at work. Dear Lord please send this baby back home.

Right. Clearly this Dad has a temper. LE needs to look at everything.

The father threatens to kill whoever has his daughter "i just got home from work my 5 yr old daughter is gone i need somebody to be here now i'm telling you if i find whoever has my daughter i'm killing them i don't care i'll spend the rest of my life in prison i'm telling you put it on the bulletin i don't care"
operator asks what kind of description of pajamas
father's reply
"i don't f---en know i was at work"

then it sounds like they hung up on the 911 operator who called back the father on his cell.

I just read a couple of articles... I"m sorry, the girlfriend said the door was unlocked. Who in this day and age doesn't lock their doors anymore? Hinkey meter way high on this off the start. How do you find a child missing at 3:30 am unless that child always wakes up around then? Most children sleep very well by that age.

And the Amber Alert however useful, is ineffective in this case and didn't meet all the necessary criteria to release one. Although I'm not against any alerts for missing children, there's no suspect discription, no vehicle, no tag number, etc....

I just don't think this is a stranger abduction case. I hope I am wrong. I pray to God I am completely wrong and she's found quickly. Poor child. My goodness.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490466,00.html

I quite often do not lock my doors. I do not do it to be careless, but the majority of my neighbors tdo not lock theirs either. We probably should, but do not.

And my son is 3 and I wake up every night at 3 and check on him.

Can you make out anything else that's being said in the background of that call?

The audio link I provided is of poor quality... I might be better able to hear background if there are any better quality recordings!!?

She seems more afraid of him on the call than anything else, though I only listened to the first call. I have a 4 year old and she is 41 inches and 40lbs. I know she could have been small but it seems if you are calling someone your "daughter" you would know their height and weight. Between 40 and 60lbs is a huge difference.

Agree, but we are talking here about a gf (of 6 mos or something right) and dad (they aren't always the ones taking kids to doctor appts or up on these stats maybe?). JMO
:parrot:

In PT2 911 call, this Dad, at the end says....Give me the fxxxxxin phone, them MF's are coming and I'll talk to them (Dad slams down phone).

Ok this bothers me. The father states the backdoor is always stayed locked> However it had a brick holding it open. There are many people who only ever use one doo for entering and exiting. Perhaps this is what this family does. Never uses the back door. Then also the brick. WHY would there be a brick holding open the door UNLESS a perp used it to hold door open in order to get little girl out? Could someone have picked the lock of the door? The brick makes me think that this WAS a SO at work. Dear Lord please send this baby back home.

Although i do not believe it was an intruder...I sell foreclosures and alot in our area are mobile homes. It is very easy to pick a lock on a mobile home and some traditional homes if the dead bolt is not locked. If the home is vacant we use a credit card to slip in the door jam and the door pops open only takes a few seconds. ALWAYS lock your dead bolt!!

In PT2 911 call, this Dad, at the end says....Give me the fxxxxxin phone, them MF's are coming and I'll talk to them (Dad slams down phone).

Oh goodness, well that seems odd. I don't think I would be calling the people that were coming to help me "MF's" but then I don't really use that term to begin with....

The father threatens to kill whoever has his daughter "i just got home from work my 5 yr old daughter is gone i need somebody to be here now i'm telling you if i find whoever has my daughter i'm killing them i don't care i'll spend the rest of my life in prison i'm telling you put it on the bulletin i don't care"
operator asks what kind of description of pajamas
father's reply
"i don't f---en know i was at work"

then it sounds like they hung up on the 911 operator who called back the father on his cell.

Like I said re "pink shirt," "pink shorts," then "pajamas," it would be helpful if we had ONE description of what Haleigh was wearing! Interesting tho, guess dad DOES have a cell. JMO
:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members