FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I bet that's a surreal feeling!

Very much so. It's hard to comprehend that they are the same age and my son is wrapped up on school and sports while Misty is involved in such a horrible adult situation.

I see her as a child.

Originally posted by Mellen
Babysitting, yes, but taking care of two little kids on a daily (or in this case nightly) basis? Seems to me that is asking for trouble. When my step daughter was 17, I had no problem with her babysitting her 5-year-old sister at night when we went out on occasion. She also filled in doing full-day daycare for a couple of days here and there when our regular daycare was closed, but I can't imagine expecting her to do that every night while I was at work. It's just asking for trouble somewhere down the line. Bottom line is that she's a kid, and it's really asking too much of someone that age.

You are offending some people, including myself, with this post...I don't think you are meaning to do that, though.

I had 2 children by the time I was 16. Yes that is extremely young...but I never had a childhood, literally.

I am now 32 with a 17 year old and almost 16 year old. Both are great boys...heck, neither of them have even had detention in their lives.

So, I really don't think it is asking too much of a 17 year old to take care of children.:)

OMG. In the prior thread (#9) Avalon posted some court records concerning Misty's mother from about three years ago.

I just realized that my son went to grade/middle school with Misty.

And that I have crossed paths with her mother.

Holy cow.

Does your son remember her? How about a birthday? We are desperately needing MC's birthday. I know kids bring treats to school.... it is a long shot.

NurseBean
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...131165&catid=3

anybody local.... just a reminder that starting shortly (at four pm florida time) is a one hour special on first coast news on Haleigh's case and new updates from LE
I'm local so will watch and try to keep everyone up to date. When you go to the site above it says it will be on TV and on firstcoastnews.com. so everyone should be able to view on their computer. This is a good TV station.

OMG. In the prior thread (#9) Avalon posted some court records concerning Misty's mother from about three years ago.

I just realized that my son went to grade/middle school with Misty.

And that I have crossed paths with her mother.

Holy cow.

I went to the same grade school as haleigh many moons ago.:confused:

http://gis.putnam-fl.com/website//p...CELID='39-11-26-0000-0190-0074'&QueryZoom=Yes

In the pic from the above link, the trailer does in fact appear to have a ramp on the side of the house. This is a 2008 aerial from the county website. The car sitting at the side of the house appears to be "similar" to the car we see now sitting at the front of the mobile home as well.
To view the current aerial, you have to zoom out, check the 2008 aerial box, and refresh the map.

You are offending some people, including myself, with this post...I don't think you are meaning to do that, though.

I had 2 children by the time I was 16. Yes that is extremely young...but I never had a childhood, literally.

I am now 32 with a 17 year old and almost 16 year old. Both are great boys...heck, neither of them have even had detention in their lives.

So, I really don't think it is asking too much of a 17 year old to take care of children.:)

I had 2 (stepchildren) and was only a girlfriend while taking care of them full time at 17, however, I am not offended, because after speaking to my mother about it last night, she said that you can tell the difference between an immature 17 year old and a mature one. To her, Misty seems like a child herself. My mother flat told me that if I would have had that same composure even in the face of something tragic, she would have made sure I could not be in control of children at all..
I guess it is just the way that this girl comes off. I don't think it is generalized at all 17 year olds..:blowkiss:

Almost all of the mobile homes we looked at when buying had a master bath in the Master Bedroom. If I had to guess, I would think that the master bath is on the end where the skylight is. Both of the bathrooms in my mobile home have the fan that you can turn on, and also a smaller vent on the roof, which may help finding their location in this home.

I agree, and I'm sure the exact dimensions are not correct, but it does give an idea of how she could see the kitchen light on, where the other bedrooms are in relation to the master, and especially the back door entrance. If we knew the model # we could get the exact floorplan and then we could sleuth it to death :crazy:

Someone mentioned on the last thread that it could be anyone that has this child.

Perfect example: David Westerfield (Van Dam) case!!! Nice home, engineer, quiet man, very meticulous, and extremely intelligent, but he has an appetite for the young neighborhood girl he met with her Mom selling him girl scout cookies. He breaks into her home after a wild night out at the local bar slamming several bacardi and cokes. David got in the house through a locked sliding glass door, gets past the dog that cannot bark, and lucks out that the alarm was not set that evening. He abducts Danielle while her dad is right in the next room, thinking the dad is out of town on a ski trip, because that's what he gathered from the mom in their brief conversation. Talk about balls! These animals plan, stalk, and kill with no remorse. They look normal, and harmless, but they are twisted.

Ok Just throwing this out there, Just rambling and putting thoughts down in writing. Whoever this person is that TOOK Haleigh, obviousely knew the family or knew of them. You dont just go to someones house for a cup of sugar see there is a little girl and then take her.
What if they knew Misty would go out take a smoke break leave the door open or take out the trash they go into the house hide out until she is asleep. Open back door then screen door and prop the cynderblock against so they can take her out quickly also out of a door that is not facing the road and into woods. If the TV was on in that room maybe thats why no one heard anything?? Snuck in room too grab Haleigh or Flip on Kitchen light because you know Haleigh is afraid of dark and this might make the child wander into the kitchen, you grab her and take off out of open back door leading to the woods??
There are perps that have done just that (Jet Duncan; Jessica Lunsford case; The case in Utah....sorry the name is not coming to mind... ); while it is not as common it is still a possibility. I am so very glad that LE realizes that (per their statement on the second day) and working all possibilities.

ITA...It really just depends on the person, there are woman in there late 20's to early 30's that have no mothering skills.

I don't think she meant to offend. I think caring for your own children at a young age is different than caring for someone else's children. I think the point people are making with this is that, from the little we know of this girl, she has not shown to be a mature decision-maker. However, she is in very grown-up circumstances.

That reflects on Haleigh's father's judgment, his decision-making ability. Who else does he let watch his children?

As several other people have pointed out - someone had to be watching the children before he began dating Misti. Who was that person, and how attached was he/she to Haleigh?

Search For Haleigh Expands

4th Day Of Search For Missing 5-Year-Old To Cover Broader Area

POSTED: Friday, February 13, 2009
UPDATED: 3:53 pm EST February 13, 2009
An Amber Alert was issued
Tuesday morning for
5-year-old Haleigh Cummings​

SATSUMA, Fla. -- A team of more than 100 organized volunteers are helping in today's search for a 5-year-old Putnam County girl missing who vanished from her bed more early Tuesday morning.

Haleigh Cummings was last seen when she was put to bed Monday night in her father's home in a mobile home park area north of Satsuma. She was reported missing about 3 a.m. Tuesday.

By first light, a massive search was under way and a statewide Amber Alert was issued. The next morning, with no sign of Haleigh and a belief a 5-year-old would not go out in the dark alone, investigators said they considered her disappearance an abduction.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said his investigators have pursued more than 350 leads and on Friday they plan to reinterview family members and others who had contact with Haleigh

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18707263/detail.html#-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member