CO - Kimberlee Singler, 35, charged w/murder of her children, girl, 9 & boy, 7, injuring third child, age 11, CO Springs, 19 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully... they just get her back to the States.
The sooner they can put this woman away, the better.

To me, this is just the clearest calculated case of first degree murder. Her oldest child lived through this horror, with complicated life saving surgeries.... Did KS just assume she would die? Or not. This daughter is going to have to be a key witness. KS has put such horrors and burdens on this child.
Just makes me sick. Can you tell? ha.

9/6/24

"In Colorado, as a matter of history and political reality, there is no realistic prospect of release, whatever progress is made," Fitzgerald said. "No matter how bad the crime, there should be some opportunity of release."

As Fitzgerald was winding up his argument, Smith rose to say he had become aware of evidence that former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper had commuted first-degree murder sentences of six men in 2018.

Judge John Zani then adjourned the three-day hearing "in light of potentially important information" until Dec. 2 to allow lawyers to confirm a news report about the commutations and provide further arguments.

Singler, who is in custody, was in the dock and only spoke to acknowledge that she understood why the hearing was being continued.

The hearing was primarily focused on the legal issues surrounding extradition.

On Wednesday, Smith outlined new details in his opening statement.

He said that at the time of the killings, Singler was in a custody battle with her ex-husband, Kevin Wentz. He had been awarded more time with the children and she had been ordered to turn them over to him from Dec. 16-31, but had not done so.

[..]

Singler, who had superficial knife wounds, was initially considered a victim in what was reported as a burglary, police said.

"She would later tell police that she had woken on (Dec. 18) feeling `weird' and `woozy,' and that the children had seemed drowsy as well," Smith said. "She said that she suspected her former partner (the children's father) of killing them, or organizing to have them killed. She said that a `dark figure' had entered her apartment and that she had fainted."

[..]

The daughter who survived her attack initially told police that a man entered their home from the patio and attacked them. But after recovering from her wounds and being transferred to a foster home, she told a caretaker that her mother was responsible and had asked her to lie to police.

[..]

After her daughter changed her story, police sought to arrest Singler on Dec. 26 in Colorado but she had fled abroad. She was caught in London's posh Chelsea neighborhood four days later.

ETA: Reading that she was found by police in Chelsea, I recall KS was reportedly Catfished and believed she was in a relationship with British Actor Henry Cavil -- no surprise she landed in Chelsea where she was likely stalking the Actor who I think is known to live around Kensington! MOO

ETA: Reading that she was found by police in Chelsea, I recall KS was reportedly Catfished and believed she was in a relationship with British Actor Henry Cavil -- no surprise she landed in Chelsea where she was likely stalking the Actor who I think is known to live around Kensington! MOO

:oops:

This woman thought she was
"in relationship with
HENRY CAVILL"???

All right,
Where is my jaw?
It has just dropped to the floor!
:rolleyes:

PS
I was not sure to follow this case,
but this "bombshell" changed my mind.

Last edited:
No, apparently the only reason she chose the UK to flee to, is that she believed she was involved in an online relationship with a particular British actor! (She had been "catfished" to believe this by some unknown person!)

Unreal.

Is there any evidence that her belief in this "relationship" was a factor in the murders, or was it a random unrelated occurrence?

Just wanting to follow the timeline of craziness here.

Unreal.

Is there any evidence that her belief in this "relationship" was a factor in the murders, or was it a random unrelated occurrence?

Just wanting to follow the timeline of craziness here.
There was more detail in her prolonged divorce action. She was losing custody of the children in January and I believe she hated her husband more than she loved her husband Children. -- Killed them rather than allow her husband full custody.

At one point, she sought an emergency Order to take the children to Florida permanently and that's when the subject of KS believing she was in a relationship with the famous was introduced. Reports have since been sealed until she returns to Colorado per DA Allen.

ETA: Husband had two week visitation in December just before his full custody Order was going to be effective to make up for the visits he missed during the year due to KS's shenanigans of not producing the children. Custody exchange would take place at the PD. Poor kids... MOO

Last edited:
She was losing custody of the children in January and I believe she hated her husband more than she loved her husband. Killed them rather than allow her husband full custody.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you meant to say you believe she hated her husband more than she loved her *children*, didn't you? I don't want to put words into your mouth that you didn't mean, but that just makes sense, so absolutely tell me if I'm wrong! And in any case, I agree completely with you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you meant to say you believe she hated her husband more than she loved her *children*, didn't you? I don't want to put words into your mouth that you didn't mean, but that just makes sense, so absolutely tell me if I'm wrong! And in any case, I agree completely with you.
Oops... Thank you -- had time to correct my post to read "children."

Last edited:
I realized I needed a link that talks about the "catfishing" aspect of this case, but my knowledge of that came from a post on WS, so I started trying to find one from an approved source. But that detail is really not out there in MSM yet, as far as I could find. Unless youtuber Grizzly True Crime is approved? There's a video they made that talks all about it. But apparently, the actor is Henry Cavil, who played Superman in one of the Superman movies, and he does have a house in the area of London that Kimberlee was arrested in. But he also apparently has a lot of people pretending to be him on social media, one of which somehow found Kimberlee and began talking to her, to the point that she believed she was in an online relationship with him!

Kimberlee's ex-husband was aware that she thought she was talking to Cavil, so when she went missing, he took it upon himself to message all the Cavil fake accounts that he could find, asking if they knew Kimberlee. Those messages he sent are apparently out there and can still be seen if you were to look for them. I don't know if her "relationship" with (the fake) Cavil was part of her motive for wanting to murder her children or not.

Crazy like a fox...

On that day, according to the records, Singler, who was representing herself, went to a public library and used a computer to file a motion with the court asking for the hearing that day to be continued.

In the motion, she wrote that someone broke into her residence around 11 a.m. on Dec. 18 and attacked her and her children. She wrote that Ellie and Aden were murdered and that she and her other daughter were left to die. She claimed she had no ability to call 911 until about midnight on Dec. 19 and had just learned of the Dec. 20 hearing late on Dec. 19. In the motion, she described lacerations on her neck and wrists and said she was weak and in a great deal of pain.

She asked in the motion for time to heal and to grieve the loss of her two children.

And days later she checked herself into a hotel in Chelsea.

Autopsies reveal cause of death for siblings killed in Colorado Springs Feb 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaseyBee
Back