Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMBER alert on Haleigh has been updated:

Narrative: ***UPDATE The child's age and her last known location have been updated. UPDATE*** A Florida AMBER Alert has been issued for Haleigh Cummings,who was last seen in the area of Hermit's Cove in Satsuma, FL. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MCICSearch/FlyerPrintableFormat.asp?Case_Id=28474

i wish they would have explained the reason for the update. is it just more specific than the original amber alert, or are they basing is off of new, signifigant information?

And I thought I was being blunt! You're right, of course. It's just that my mind is overloaded after the Caylee tragedy, and a person can believe only so much and still maintain some faith in humanity.
SO true, but so sad, isn't it? :mad:

Great post, SuziQ! I'm sure this is why there is so much discussion here about these points. Nobody wants to think that this family had anything to do with Hayleigh's disappearance. Unfortunately it happens everyday. Each of us has to sleuth in the direction we feel the evidence leads us.

This is exactly the way LE investigates. They aren't sentimental about things. They can only go where the facts lead them.

Excellent point. None of us are asking questions that LE has not already asked. This is ugly business and you have to think about things that truly are disgusting. If those questions are to hard for some...I hate that but we would be remiss in not asking them.

That was a nice picture of the parents and Misty at the candlelight vigil. The mom leaning on the dad's shoulder.... perfectly natural. IF Misty had any jealous thoughts, then she is just too immature to realize that THEY are the parents of the little girl, and most parents will lean on each other for comfort. Nothing wrong with it.
I originally had some doubts about Misty with her different stories of where everyone slept and the closing of her eyes when she is talking, but the more I think about it, the more I realize she is barely more than a child herself, has not had an easy life, and is probably scared out of her mind right now. I'm going to give her a pass on all this odd behavior until we learn more facts. Same with Crystal and Ronald. There is nothing about either one that leads me to believe they could have done anything to harm their little girl. And I think some of the conflicting stories could be attributed to some of the reporters not checking facts before they report. Happens a lot.

I feel so bad for ALL the families at this point. And with each day that passes, it gets more difficult to hope and believe that she is alive. I wish it were not so, but sadly, it is.
Thanks to all of you who have kept us updated. I pray every day that Haleigh will be found soon. And for comfort for all who love her.

I'm with you on this. I just cannot get past my gut feeling that this was an abduction by either stranger or a friend/aquaintance (sp?) of the family.

Also, the astrology thread is very interesting. It explains what might have happened.

I also was wondering, when did we find out that Haleigh just started wetting the bed? Do we know for sure?

I'm also not that concerned just yet about her cleaning the house that night. That was probably the only time that she had to herself to straighten the house up and like another poster said, her mother seems to keep a clean house. Maybe she's the same way. MOO

as far as Misty loving kids and kids loving her..........
well I can see even the best of kids when mad saying..............
you are not my mom and I won't do it!
4-5 months bonding yet?
Did they date awhile before Ron and GF moved in together?
Was the bio mom, might of said 'gf is not your mom, don't listen to her?
Why at the age of 5 did Haleigh START peeing bed???
Was she being molested the last few months before this???

Okay, I'll come out of the closet here. I was potty trained at 3 but when I was 5-6 yo I had problems with weting the bed at night. We spent the summer in Sebring at a camp ground in a mh while my dad was doing some contracting work for them. I remember having issues weting and my father had to put the mattress out to air out every other night. I dont know why I did this, weak bladder maybe?? But it was imbarassing.

I was not however molested EVER by my father or anyone else. I doubt her weting had anything to do with molesting.

They just moved there after Oct we found out. Could be because of a new place or a fear of the dark.

I do remember having dreams at the time that I was geting up to go to the bathroom and peeing in the toilet but alas, it was just a dream and I was weting the bed each time.

Misty said she had been cleaning that night....another flag for me when I heard that.

Why? Ronald doesnt leave for work till around 3 PM and I imagine he slept most of the day so it would be hard to clean and keep quiet while he is asleep.. so she cleans at night after baths, supper and kids put to bed.

if she had another lover i would think they would just stay at ron's trailer. couldn't be more convenient than that. unless they wanted to go to a bar/restaurant or be with other friends or a certain party or get-together. unless they were worried about children seeing him and telling dad.

when i first heard that her brother lived right behind them, i pictured her partying over there and maybe someone at the party decided to "leave" and snatched the girl knowing she was home alone. i even wondered about the brother being a suspect. he would definitely be familiar with the trailer and the dad's working hours. but then i found out that misty's brother is married with several little kids of his own and am not sure that they'd be partying over there on a monday night. also, i'm sure he was one of the first people that ron and misty and the police talked to.

friends or family are the ones who would know if ron or misty are acting strangely or could know more information about that night, but they are also the ones who might try to cover up for them..... most people wouldn't try to cover up for someone when an innocent child's life is a stake, though.

Yes posted these ideas re gf, thought it very plausible that while gf ducked over and accounted for at bro's (neighbor's, friend's), someone else there knew since dad was gone, this meant kids were home alone. If gf's story can be believed re light :rolleyes: whoever it was, was confident enuf to flip on light. Why make up such a detail if altogether untrue? IMO it is more apt to happen if no "adult" was present thus may be the all too familiar "mixture" of some truthful detail mixed in w lies. Also had posted re whether her being at any other location would have been brought to LE's attention but decided not to rule out the possibility bro would cover. JMO

:parrot:

Okay, I'll come out of the closet here. I was potty trained at 3 but when I was 5-6 yo I had problems with weting the bed at night. We spent the summer in Sebring at a camp ground in a mh while my dad was doing some contracting work for them. I remember having issues weting and my father had to put the mattress out to air out every other night. I dont know why I did this, weak bladder maybe?? But it was imbarassing.

I was not however molested EVER by my father or anyone else. I doubt her weting had anything to do with molesting.

They just moved there after Oct we found out. Could be because of a new place or a fear of the dark.

I do remember having dreams at the time that I was geting up to go to the bathroom and peeing in the toilet but alas, it was just a dream and I was weting the bed each time.

see post 290 in regard to bed wetting. moving (changes) is one example of a trigger.

Narrative: ***UPDATE The child's age and her last known location have been updated. UPDATE*** A Florida AMBER Alert has been issued for Haleigh Cummings,who was last seen in the area of Hermit's Cove in Satsuma, FL. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear.

HER LAST KNOWN LOCATION HAS CHANGED?????????????????????????????? What?????????????????????????????????/

Do you guys think Misty's response to putting Haliegh to bed is odd at all?

She says something like "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - cuz she has school the next day" and that's about it.

I dunno if it were me I would have said something more like - "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - that's her usual bedtime - and she went right to sleep" or "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - but she watched TV for a while and finally fell asleep about 8:30"

Do you see what I'm getting at? Too much info about what we don't need to know (washed blanket) and not enough info about what would seem more realistic.

Hope I'm making sense.

Sorry if this has been explained- how is Guy Sapp related to this family?

I know a SO has the same last name- but is there a tie?

And Guy is not the Flagler Co property appraiser- but he is employed there. Jay Gardner is the appraiser.

Which does lead us back to if the blanket smelled like pee...then it would make sense the sheets did, too. So it was ok for her to lay in it since she didn't change the sheets?

(sigh) I cannot believe I blew this off before when it was mentioned and I tried to say it was Rj who could have peed on the blanket. (banging my stubborn @ss head against the keyboard sdfjaoserjoucgleskao)
O/T. Well SS I have been reading all the threads and watching the interviews. and was wondering about your chosen stance on this previously and now I just have to say Its about time lol.
I always agreed with you on Caylees thread and was really shocked about your take on the blankets before now. :crazy::clap::crazy:

I figure that Misty is very simple plain folk (not an insult in any way shape or form) I have met plenty of people like this and even have some in my own family.

My take on Misty? She's young yes. She might be naive she might be emotionally immature but she's not stupid...she's stupid like a fox if she's like the people I have known.

Is she afraid of him? Might be. I don't think that would keep her from falling in love or having a lover in another man. Would she stay at Ron's trailer with this man? I doubt it. She's not that stupid. If she got caught messing around Ron would probably tear her a new one. If she got caught sleeping with another man in his home or bed...he might kill her. I bet she knows his limits what she can do and get away with.

As for trusting that Haleigh wouldn't tell Daddy if she had caught her and the man somehow. Even though she says that the kids thought of her as a Mom, she's not their Mamma. She has only known them for maybe 5 months? Cared for them for 4 months? In my mind, she wouldn't use that unless Haleigh herself was afraid of her Daddy's anger and what it can bring.

So for today, or this hour actually, I'm leaning towards a lover and not getting out of the house to be with friends. Either Haleigh saw them and the man did something to the child and Misty was witness...hence her "I covered her with a little sheet" comment and tears.

Or, she and her lover were out in the area, or in her lovers car/truck and she propped open that back door and when she came home Haleigh was gone.

The reason I'm going with this is because it is the most simple answer to why she might have not been in that house. But it's just my thoughts as of now and I am probably wrong:)

I agree w/ you. If you look @ this crowd, you have to have street smarts to survive. Sure she comes across innocent and naive, but that maybe her act or how Ron likes his girls. She is also a victim of abuse and doesn't have much going for her so she lacks confidence.

Excellent point. None of us are asking questions that LE has not already asked. This is ugly business and you have to think about things that truly are disgusting. If those questions are to hard for some...I hate that but we would be remiss in not asking them.

ITA, whatever happened to Haleigh was about as ugly as it can get. You have to get down and dirty into that or we'd be doing the poor baby a diservice. I don't like going there, and it's very hard to stomach, but I deal with it because it's nothing compared to what Haleigh went through.

She says something like "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - cuz she has school the next day" and that's about it.

I dunno if it were me I would have said something more like - "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - that's her usual bedtime - and she went right to sleep" or "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - but she watched TV for a while and finally fell asleep about 8:30"

Do you see what I'm getting at? Too much info about what we don't need to know (washed blanket) and not enough info about what would seem more realistic.

Hope I'm making sense.

I agree anytime that the preceeding 24 hour timeline is vague or "thin" the case ends up being much simplier than is first suspected.

Hope I'm making sense.

It goes right along with what happened between 5:30 and 8:00. Did they eat, bathe, do homework, watch TV or play a game together????

Yes, the petitioner is the one who initiates the court proceeding. But in paternity cases, a lot of times alleged fathers will bring a suit to officially say they are NOT the father - so then the mom can't keep accusing them, and they can even get a restraining order (if it gets that bad).

If the alleged father finds out after years of thinking he was the father that the mother cheated on him during the period of conception, sometimes he'll petition so he has a legal right to stop supporting the child (if its not his).

Never a pretty situation, IN THOSE CASES its always the child who loses out :( (not saying that happened here- but its a possibility)

But, this Dad was requesting that the court find him to be the DAD and also get custody of the 2 kids, shortly after JR was born.

I still don't get why this wasn't a DCF case, especially with all the allegations of both parties. In FL, DCF gets involved in nearly everything!

Poor JR or does he have his own blanket?
That's what I was starting to wonder? bc if he had his own blanket, why wouldn't Misty have put Haliegh to bed with Jr? I mean, the other two blankets would probably still need to be washed, but Haliegh at least would have one in the meantime, KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141