FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

That should be 200 Monroe Av and that is really close to KS Johns home.

I will edit my list to show a possibiltiy of previous rental to Ron C. as 200 Monroe as well as 103 Buchanan Cir
Do we have a list of the neighbors yet? Might prove to be helpful

(Hi all, my first post)

The propped open door has been bothering me, a lot. It just never sounded right to me. Why would someone go to the trouble to prop open a door to carry a small child through it. I have 4 children...if I were carrying one of them out of the house, I would bump the handle with my elbow and push the door open with my body. Why prop it? It seems to me that propping the door would definitely be more helpful if someone was carrying someone/something into the house, not out of it.

So, it either seems staged, or perhaps like momtective said, maybe someone carried Misty in, not wanting to be seen.

A screen door though if you push it forward will really snap back and make a lot of noise.

Hinky meter is an internal feeling that something just ain't right ;)

(Hi all, my first post)

Why prop it? It seems to me that propping the door would definitely be more helpful if someone was carrying someone/something into the house, not out of it.

We have a screen door (spring type) on the front of our house. I have an iron rooster that stays by the front door and I use it to prop the door open while carrying stuff IN and OUT the door. Just saying....I still think it was staged and wasnt useful for carrying at all that night.

If Haleigh lived on Buchanan before, might explain the route the dogs took.
And she could have wandered off before dark.

She would be familiar with other parts of the neighborhood. Maybe was allowed to go further with cousins?

I have a 6 yr old and I've got to say the only way mine would "wander" off day or night like that is with other kids.

One question on the blanket subject-
if Haleigh had wet hers the night before, how come Misty didn't wash it
during the day and have it ready for her to use that night?
What was she doing all day anyhow? Was she too busy entertaining company
to wash clothes, or was she even home all day?

We do - but this is Texas and another world. They have a Pre K3 (for 3 yo) and a PreK4 (for 4yo). I don't know what the requirements are....since its only a couple of hours and I always work so had no option, but don't think its just for low income here.

I wonder how much bio Mom questioned him. I'm a "digger" and a "prodder" and the poor kid would probably never speak again after a weekend with me!! (you know how kids hate to be questioned over and over). So where is he now?? Still with biomom or in the tent or with Ron's mom???? So many danged questions.....no locals there?? Local locals - come out whereever you are!!

I live in TX too and just looked it up again. My daughter wanted to put the kids in preschool but since they weren't on welfare they couldn't get in. there's lots of preschool that you have to pay for but none,that I am aware of, that are free,except headstart.

We have a screen door (spring type) on the front of our house. I have an iron rooster that stays by the front door and I use it to prop the door open while carrying stuff IN and OUT the door. Just saying....I still think it was staged and wasnt useful for carrying at all that night.

you may prop it if there is something else you are going to return inside to get and carry out. two trips in and out.

One question on the blanket subject-
if Haleigh had wet hers the night before, how come Misty didn't wash it
during the day and have it ready for her to use that night?
What was she doing all day anyhow? Was she too busy entertaining company
to wash clothes, or was she even home all day?

I wonder about the blanket too, MysteryAddict. If Haleigh had wet the bed the night before, as Misty says, then Haleigh would have had wet pajamas that morning. Who got Haleigh dressed/bathed that morning, and why didn't the blanket get washed at that time?

Bolded by me.

Interesting way to look at it, but I just cannot see RC not pointing the blame on anybody at all regardless of what that person may have against him.

As for what I bolded, I don't think Crystal knows too much about what goes on with RC and her children, but again, I could be wrong!

OT...Just saying g'bye to everyone, it's time to go get the kids from school!

He has quite a colorful history, she had to know what he was CAPABLE of.

So, Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

That should be 200 Monroe Av and that is really close to KS Johns home.

and yet all 3 of them were sleeping in the same bedroom, per Misty.

(Hi all, my first post)

The propped open door has been bothering me, a lot. It just never sounded right to me. Why would someone go to the trouble to prop open a door to carry a small child through it. I have 4 children...if I were carrying one of them out of the house, I would bump the handle with my elbow and push the door open with my body. Why prop it? It seems to me that propping the door would definitely be more helpful if someone was carrying someone/something into the house, not out of it.

So, it either seems staged, or perhaps like momtective said, maybe someone carried Misty in, not wanting to be seen.

interesting....hmmm

you may prop it if there is something else you are going to return inside to get and carry out. two trips in and out.

True...AARGGGGHHH..the devil is in the details! So frustrating and there are so many "what if's?".....

and yet all 3 of them were sleeping in the same bedroom, per Misty.

I don't know for a fact, but could the reason they were sleeping in the same room was that is had a little portable heater instead of cranking of the central system that runs up the electric bill so much?

I think it was a SO - Perhaps Misty left the house a lot after the kids went to sleep. Perhaps the neighbors sat outside, smoking and (perhaps) drinking, even listening to music. I can see it - all of them in lawn chairs, just sitting around talking. And the perp notices that Misty goes out every night or almost every night. She's tiny, she had a few beers. What if she leaves the back door open, thinking that she could hear the kids if they needed something. And when she decides to go back home, she's had enough beers that she sleeps too soundly (and still leaves the back door propped open) and someone comes in and takes Haleigh.
Misty could even have went out to hang out with the neighbors while she's washing the blanketsand leaves the back door open so she can hear the dryer go off. She goes back inside, puts the blanket on Haleigh, just like she said and then went to bed herself, accidentally leaving the cinder block holding open the door and of course, not being able to lock the main door because she isn't strong enough.

All of this is just me speculating, of course.

Before we hit 4pm does anyone have a link to the presser where it actually comes up? I have the worst luck with getting anything to work..
TIA

The door does raise questions. And totally OT, I just tried to squish your avatar. lmao. I thought dang the little sucker is tuff. :crazy:

Don't feel too bad, that thing got me more than once.:doh:

(Hi all, my first post)

:Welcome-12-june:

That's a good point. Now that I think about it, I would have done the "elbow" technique myself. It's almost an ingrained mommy thing.

Great first post. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member