FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked at presser if Misti had a car, LE said they would not discuss it..(my words).

Why?

Boy that really looks bad on Misty now.......really bad.
Yes, it does look bad...unless they found the shirt outside which would also mean she is not still wearing it. For them not to specify where they found it is wrong unless they are trying to make her look bad.

Why just Haleigh and not the little boy? Maybe because MC woke up and interrupted a custody kidnapping. Just a thought.

MC is just a child. I don't think she is cunning or deceitful. I think she is a victim of a horrible childhood and a bit slow mentally.

I am still sticking with the intruder theory and that RC and MC have no idea who or what happened. MC's "inconsistencies" are to me, poor communication skills and the fact that she has had to repeat things many times and gets things out of order. She just isnt' real smart, but I don't think she is lying - at all.

A short story with a point;
I lived in an apt complex and one night I heard a window crash, as though someone had thrown something through someone's window. I peeked through the blinds and while I couldn't see anyone, though I did see the light go on in the apt across the parking lot, and the blinds all ascew. I heard three loud stomps. Then I saw a dome light come on and was able to see that it was a truck, but I couldn't see the license plate.
The police soon arrived and I went out to tell them what I saw and heard, but by the time I got done talking to him, and answering his questions, I went from thinking there was one person, to thinking there were two, at which point the LEO decided I was pretty worthless as a witness and dismissed me. lol
So, in the heat of the moment, you're actually trying to collect your thoughts, what you heard, what you saw, but once people start asking you questions, you begin to doubt, or confuse what actually occurred.
Thus, I also don't think Misty is lying as much as the trauma, stress, being under a microscope, being asked a bizillion questions by a bizillion people who question whether it was 3 inches she was away from you, while the kids dad is saying No, not three inches, and pretty darn soon you just want to go hide in a corner, and be left alone. Though a 17 year old might be able to carry all that, I don't think I could. I would have gone off to hide hours within the first day. She's pretty brave to hang in there with all the accusations, and inquisitions.
LE, Ron, reporters, family members, neighbors. TM, more reporters. more LE. Ron. the biomon, the biograndma, the other grandma. ugh days and days and days of it. The worse thing is yet to come. When everyone leaves and she's left with Ron. Quite naturally the blame starts. If you woulda, if I woulda, then.....
Run Misty run.....lol

Do you mean to tell me that Misti could not tell them what the child was wearing? Is she changing this story too. I mean, you remember what you put on a child after a bath if indeed she did bath her and dress her that night. Maybe she just let the child sleep in what ever she had on........................come on, this is getting absolutely crazy with the wishy washy details!!

I was listening to a local radio show out of Tampa and they were discussing the case. They said the "word on the street" (ie can't prove it or source it so take for what it is worth) is that Misty had been gone for the three days prior to the disappearance, drugs, and that Ron had found her that day and brought her home. They were under the impression Ron was off the days she was missing, and brought her home to watch the kids. They said it was a semi common thing for her to take off.

No clue where that info is coming from, but they that is what they were talking about. It would explain alot of things though.

My girls have tons of pink shirts. How would they know that the pink shirt they found after Haleigh went missing was "the" pink shirt, unless Misty herself told them??

It could be the teacher or someone else who saw Haleigh ID'd it.

I wondered the same thing, the "pee" was inserted in there not as a response to any question, but like someting she had to make sure and let people know.
I brought it up back in thread 18. Seems weird, and sad that she would even have to bring this up. We (here) talked about it, and personally, it says alot. It is mentioned at the same time she feels compelled to say " I was cleaning"...

Would make since if she was "cleaning" up drugs, ashes, any related evidence...
I just bet LE said "Let's find Haleigh, then we'll deal with your cleaning spree, they're not that stupid.

I doubt this "perplord" (as SS calls) told anybody anything. Long as that rent's coming in... and while dad might have figured this out, I doubt gf had a clue.

And had you a key to the front door, while you might enter the front door w/out looking suspicious or raising alarms, you certainly wouldn't want to exit the same way in plain sight of neighbors w/ an abducted child... you would choose, and prepare, the most discreet low visibility door and secluded path possible. This suggests to me someone on foot, not driving or w/ any car parked in front, ie neighbor (or local). This seems significant! Does anyone agree??! JMO

:parrot:
I agree
I also think Misty is in trouble
I also wonder where her parents are
I also wonder where Haleigh is
I wonder what type of work exactly did Ron do, was he under constant supervision, and did it involve concrete

Whats with this Misty? She doesn't even know what the kid was wearing to bed? ticks me off.

ITA, I do not think she bathed and dressed the child for bed like people on this board would do.......I think she was just there with the child, but definately not a motherly figure if you know what I mean. Wonder if that poor baby got to eat dinner that night.

Has there been any mention of JR being returned to his dad after his visit this weekend with his mother? Do we know who is caring for him since this last visit? Is he sleeping in the tent with the dad and gf? I am sure DFCS has been contacted since Haleigh has been missing and if they have an open case on them, we need to watch and keep up with who has Jr.

the shirt is just another thing that could be meaningless or a huge deal.

i was wondering if misty purposely said inches instead of feet to make herself look really dumb so any other misstatements or inconsistencies in her stories could be dismissed as her being an idiot. unlikely, but possible.

I think they found the shirt.

In the woods?

Why wouldn't they tell us exactly where it was found?

They may have found it inside the trailer. Maybe the pink shirt and shorts were in the dryer.

I think they are not answering what seem to be simple questions because they are continuing to requestion the family, especially Misti.

They are not going to go on TV and lay down what they know about the lock or anything else. Lets them know when someone is lying, and doesn't let that someone know what the facts as they are known are.

DNA testing and they had to wait on it to come back after they found it last week perhaps?

Could be. I wonder if the shirt is why the field was searched? Did they find it in the home? Don't they know we need to know these things?????!!!!!

Has there been any mention of JR being returned to his dad after his visit this weekend with his mother? Do we know who is caring for him since this last visit? Is he sleeping in the tent with the dad and gf? I am sure DFCS has been contacted since Haleigh has been missing and if they have an open case on them, we need to watch and keep up with who has Jr.
I have not heard, but legally Rj was to be returned to his father on Sunday by 6:00pm. Rj had been staying with Ronnie's mother, TN, and not in the tent.

Or haleigh could have wet the bed again, woke up to change, ran into the perp and the rest well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3