FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you very much for the link. I appreciate it. So, I guess she never said she specifically went to look for Haleigh. She said, that was the first she noticed about Haleigh was when she went to the bathroom and saw the back door open then went to the bedroom and Haleigh was gone. I think it is interesting that there is very little mention of Jr. in any of these interviews, including when he was put to bed. With all of the confusion about the van and the blanket, still don't know the story, could he have been in the van sleeping? Sounds strange I know but he isn't mentioned much

Not commenting on whether Misty had access to a vehicle that night.

What bothers me allot is the train goes so close by..........noise, no one would hear anything like screams from Haleigh?
Easy to throw a little 39 lb. baby in a RR car and Haleigh could be where ever the train stops.
Do people check RR cars allot?
I just drove by our bypass and looked at RR cars sitting on the track EMPTY(open top kind)..........I guess waiting to get picked up later by our steel mill.
There also was a couple that looked like they opened sideways, closed so I do not know how hard they are to open.
Anyone work around a RR and no how they operate?
Haleigh could be across the nation by now or at the bottom of a coal car???
IMO, just a thought

I wonder if we could find out how fast these trains go thru that area? I know in some towns around here CSX trains can go 30mph or faster. Is there anyway to see if trains can sit on these tracks completely stopped? It seems like LE would be able to track the trains down fast since they are so scheduled. Hmmm...

I wonder if we could find out how fast these trains go thru that area? I know in some towns around here CSX trains can go 30mph or faster. Is there anyway to see if trains can sit on these tracks completely stopped? It seems like LE would be able to track the trains down fast since they are so scheduled. Hmmm...
I would like to think that since the dog took them to the RR tracks that first night that LE did track down the trains that went through there.

Hate to say this - but now on day 8 - if Haleigh is deceased and is anywhere (other than buried) someone is going to noticed the smell. That hurt my heart to type that.

Hi All. Been here quite awhile but new at posting. I just read the article in the first coast news. Since when did Misty say she "got up to get a drink of water at 3 a.m.". She has said so many stories. One she got up to go to the bathroom, Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom and now she's getting a drink of water. I'm sorry but my hinky meter just tilted :banghead:

I know:crosseyed: There is miscommunication on many levels. Most of what we know comes from the news reports and they conflict.

I am asking myself what is wrong with me that I can't feel anything but my b-s meter going off when I see this? I know I have enormous amounts of compassion for anyone who is hurting, however, I feel nothing when I watch Misty explain her story. I always want to believe my gut instinct, and my instinct says she is involved. I dont know why, but there is something there, something I cant put my finger on, something I may never know, but I feel like I am sitting here in my warm house judging someone who is struggling with something, and it feels terrible. But I can't shake it....
I can't shake it either, and the part about her saying if she knew where she was they wouldn't be sitting there right now they would have her, that just brings me right back to the other SOB who gave a load of crap that is sitting with Murder 1 charges on her head..
The details are disturbing. She is not exactly saying what Haleigh was doing, she was defending herself and her own actions of the night. Her demeanor changed as soon as she talked about the washing of the blankets.

Do they still believe Misty's story...Not commenting on that.

Since I've had a cup of columbian supremo(strrronnng) I will throw this out there. Misty, judging by some pictures of her and her cousins and some myspace comments I have seen online, fashions herself as a lil gangstah. I have seen it with my own eyes. She is not as podunk as many feel she is. She has been on her own for a while, and has no compunction about shacking up with a man with kids, she's not trying to better herself in any way, she thinks the life she's living, the one it seems like everyone around her is living, is well, cool. She is much more street smart and "wise to the ways" than we think. I feel 100%%%%%%% sure of that. Her "head down, eyes closed, one tear, lil teenaged caregiver" routine DOES NOT FLY with me.

so Kel, tell me, how do you really feel? LOL

What bothers me allot is the train goes so close by..........noise, no one would hear anything like screams from Haleigh?
Easy to throw a little 39 lb. baby in a RR car and Haleigh could be where ever the train stops.
Do people check RR cars allot?
I just drove by our bypass and looked at RR cars sitting on the track EMPTY(open top kind)..........I guess waiting to get picked up later by our steel mill.
There also was a couple that looked like they opened sideways, closed so I do not know how hard they are to open.
Anyone work around a RR and no how they operate?
Haleigh could be across the nation by now or at the bottom of a coal car???
IMO, just a thought

When having this discussion, I believe yesterday, here about the trains and such I had that same thought.

Most of the empty cars do not sit wherever they were dropped for too long. Nornally, the empty RR cars are 'pulled' into the local yard and then when the trains on that schedule come through or are being put together they are heading to a new destination. I really don't think the RR cars are hard to open...I remember as a teenager we would play on the trains that were stopped and just sitting or the set out cars.

From CBS Early Show Misty interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HihQ_vPvn6c

Interesting note (this is what I hear):
"...I was over exhausted that morn--that night when I laid down. I just laid down. I went to sleep."

Does anyone know if anyone has been able to verify the last time Hayleigh was seen? It's odd to me that Misty starts to say "that morning" instead of "that night."

Yesterday, someone, I think it was Bondjamesbond, IM NOT SURE, checked, and concluded the trains that came by were going too fast to toss anything into. From the threads yesterday, Im sure of that. In the afternoon

Does anyone know what phone number the 911 call was made from?

Because near the end of the 911 call, Ronald says “where is my f’ing phone…” because he had other people to call -- so does that mean that he's looking for his phone, and Misty is talking to 911 from another phone??

I still think there were more than 1 phone. But I don't know why the police report wouldn't state that. :waitasec:

In true honesty, my husband can NEVER find his cell or the portable phone now that they are smaller.
In a nice word, it's easier to ask me where the phone is than L@@K...........:)

Oh yes, LE could find out the train schedule for that day/night. As for the speeds, well, those change depending on a lot of things and the only speed changes that could be found out would be through the conductors log book or RR dispatch (Same goes for being stopped on the tracks for any amount of time).There are set speeds that certain trains (freight...coal...etc) can go. Not to mention if the train goes over a detector and the axle count isn't right, they have to slow down and go at a much slower speed. There are tough rules for the speeds of the trains. Also, it is possible that a train could be stopped and just sitting on the tracks for any length of time.

Yesterday, someone, I think it was Bondjamesbond, IM NOT SURE, checked, and concluded the trains that came by were going too fast to toss anything into. From the threads yesterday, Im sure of that. In the afternoon

Thanks for that! I've been trying to keep up with every post ~ but it's not always possible. :blowkiss:

A little confusion here for me on active warrants.
Putnam Co has an active warrant for:
LELAND,JOSHUA WILLIAM WM6/9/1977SEX OFFENSE
yet he is listed here: same birthday, assuming same person.
First Name: JoshuaMiddle Name: WilliamLast Name: Leland
Incarcerated, Co.
National Sex Offender Registry

I would like to think that since the dog took them to the RR tracks that first night that LE did track down the trains that went through there.

Hate to say this - but now on day 8 - if Haleigh is deceased and is anywhere (other than buried) someone is going to noticed the smell. That hurt my heart to type that.

I know, I don't want to think it, but if the perpetrator did manage to get her and himself on an open freight car, he most likely molested her and killed her right there. Then what? Probably tosses her body off the side into a weeded area. Who knows how long it would take to find her. I wonder if they are walking the entire length of that train track with the dogs.

I have a few questions this morning.

Did the AC guy see Haleigh when he was there?

Why wouldn't LE comment, at this morning's presser, on whether Misty was home with the kids or not?

Probably because they have not been able to confirm yet one way or the other. May be talking to neighbors/friends to find out if she was seen somewhere else that evening. The AC guy has already been checked out and cleared. He is not a POI.

Little info about taking LDT's. LE will not usually tell someone immediately whether they passed or not. And if it was not conclusive, they are not going to say at all. I don't think they would tell them they passed if they didn't, unless they want them to feel comfortable and slip up somehow.

AFAIK, they do not suspect the bio mom at all, simply because she was an hour and a half away, and can prove her whereabouts, and because the little boy is still there. If she were going to take one child, she would take both. I don't think there is any hurry in giving her a polygraph, because she has been ill, and they are satisfied that she had nothing to do with it.

We know that Misty has changed stories allot and had to take 2 polys.
Wonder if she might have a habit of lying???
Just wondering if she is like a kc?

I can't shake it either, and the part about her saying if she knew where she was they wouldn't be sitting there right now they would have her, that just brings me right back to the other SOB who gave a load of crap that is sitting with Murder 1 charges on her head..
The details are disturbing. She is not exactly saying what Haleigh was doing, she was defending herself and her own actions of the night. Her demeanor changed as soon as she talked about the washing of the blankets.

I feel the hinkyness, too. And I take into account that I grew up so far out in the country we had to pipe in sunshine, so I "get" that they are not polished city folk. It isn't that. It could be intellectual disability that affects her behavior. Or it could be pharmaceuticals.

But whatever the cause it is "something" we are nearly all seeing and feeling. And if we feel this way, I am sure that LE and FBI see it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98