FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I have a question... isn't it illegal for the dad to have a 17 yo. girlfriend? Isn't she still considered underaged or a "child"? I don't understand this part... (maybe she's just the babysitter and not his gf?)

I feel very sorry for them and hope they find her quickly!!!!!

I know this was discussed in the first thread, at least. According to FL law, the age of consent is 18. Yes, technically, it's illegal. HTH. :)

The john boat can be used in a canal easily. It probably has a small trolling motor. It is easy to put in the water and remove.

Any boat should be able to be used in that waterway unless it is too large.

Thank you, SS! When I heard the dogs hit at the waters edge I first thought a boat...I hope LE is investigating homes, boat rentals in the area!!

What is the age of consent in FL? That would answer our questions about the legality of the relationship between daddy and GF.

That cinder block means alot: something big was either coming in or going out.

Because of the weight of that block, I don't see how anyone couldn't hear it either hitting the door or the porch. You can't just lightly sit one of those down without some kind of noise.

Thanks EmMomma you posted before I did:)

It was reported that there was a sheet and blanket ?on/near? the steps.

Yeah, that's been a big confusion story, I think. This news article- http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt reported that "Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door." However, the sheriff had said that the police took the blankets outside for a scent for the bloodhounds.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I have a question... isn't it illegal for the dad to have a 17 yo. girlfriend? Isn't she still considered underaged or a "child"? I don't understand this part... (maybe she's just the babysitter and not his gf?)

Yes, it's illegal in FL and yes, it's been discussed. I imagine LE will deal with it (or not) after Haleigh has been found.

She is his gf, but right now it isn't important if she is almost 18 or if he is a day over the limit. It doesn't make him a Pedophile. It doesn't have any bearing on the case of finding his daughter.

I bet she fled, especially after daddy said he was going to shot who ever stole his child. Whether she did it or not, she is probably scared now.

OT but I would have too. He made no bones about it.

I know this was discussed in the first thread, at least. According to FL law, the age of consent is 18. Yes, technically, it's illegal. HTH. :)

I'm suspecting there will be charges against the father with respect to his girlfriend at a later date. I also suspect the LE told Misty to go 'home' to her parents or have further multiple charges against bf brought up. I don't think it's a mystery why she's not with him.

And so he should be charged.... at a later date. It's a crime.

Thank you EmMomma.. I thought maybe I missed something! Not that it really matters right now but I couldn't help but think that's awful young.. especially to be in charge of two little kids.

She is his gf, but right now it isn't important if she is almost 18 or if he is a day over the limit. It doesn't make him a Pedophile. It doesn't have any bearing on the case of finding his daughter.

I agree SS.

My question is, if she was abducted, I would think that there would have been a lot of commotion. A 5 yr is going to be screaming, kicking, struggling to get away. Even if there was a hand over her mouth she'd still be able to make noise. This makes me think that it is someone familar to her.

Hold up! Can the g/f lift a cinder block? They're extremely heavy so I don't believe so! Now I have to go with a kidnapper unless the cinder block was so close to the back door she could push it (already on the ramp (?) or she had some help.

they are not that heavy. I can carry one in each hand.

That reminds of the Brianna Denison kidnapping--perp. let the blanket slide to the kitchen floor when he picked her up while she was sleeping, I guess.

I thought about Briana, too. I have ISSUES with that, too, though...how does one get sheet/blanket off of a bed with other people sleeping in it? :waitasec:

I AM WONDERING (assuming this really is an abduction) if Hayleigh was already gone when GF got up and she didn't NOTICE until she got back. That's a lot to accomplish during someone's trip to the bathroom, IMO.

There are plenty of things bothering me, but the biggies are:
1) Why would someone snatch a child from a bed where she was sleeping with other people?
2) How did "the perp" know to go to the master bedroom, not one of the smaller ones?

SO many questions and not a lot of answers so far. How very frustrating.

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021009missinggirl/1/lg/haleigh_and_dad.htm
Photo shows them at the waters edge, looks like they are fishing. Am i confused? I heard she was afraid of the water?

Does this lake and dock have any boats that are used?
Could Halleigh been taken to dock and put on a boat and
across to another dock to a camper or car???
(Scott P =boat Westerfield-camper )
Could car or camper be parked at dock and SO escaped with her?

Yes, you're right! Thank you for everyone's reply. I was just curious. Thanks again *smile*

LE did this! They took them outside and placed them right on the crime scene for the dogs to get their "mark" scent before looking for Hayleigh in order not to "mix" the scent from the home. Not a bright move, imo.

LE did it?! :eek: Wow. Strange.
What if there were something on the blanket to ID the person who did this? *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico