FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SWAG, you are on the right track. It's been confirmed it was a brick not a cynder block. Very imporant to the case

Only thing that bothers me is the dad said he had "rigged" the deadbolt hole on the door so that you had to push against the door to get it to catch. Ahh, the door had of have had a doorknob and that probably had one of those buttons or such. So, if the doorknob is caught and the deadbolt opened - the door would still stay shut. Only if your turn the knob and "unlatch" the handle the door would swing open. So, it still could be that the deadbolt was off and the door remained shut. You can very easily "pick" and doorknob lock with just about anything, kitchen knife, credit card, you name it. GF did not "check" the door before going to bed - she saw it was shut and since no one had gone in or out, didn't actually go over and make sure that deadbolt was thrown.

Hmmmm, lightbulb is going off. Dad works at PDM Bridge. I wonder..if there are bricks there??? He is not on top of my list but working form company that constructs parts for bridges, I definately see cinder blocks in bridges I wonder if bricks are also used?

PDM Bridge is a large operation. They build bridges - but - IT IS STRUCTURAL STEEL - they fabricate these massively large bridges in pieces and then ship them to site to be assembled. Now, and this is really weird - but DH was here with me last night and we researched PDM in depth as he is a welder and they currently have openings for welders!!! But anyway - no - PDM probably does not do much at all with cinderblock - its all steel and metal!

I'm going to sleuth some maps. I have found an updated map - from what has been posted here. Green Lane - with the MH is - that is the ONLY MH on that street. This is NOT a mobile home park. Let me go find some maps.

Yes and no. In Colorado, we have 4 pedophiles within 10 miles and we were never notified. I know they are there because I have run a search on the computer in my area.

Thanks..We can run a check to see if any live in our town (here in MA) but I thought I had heard if one moved into our neighborhood the local police would inform us..I'm going to look into this.

George probably RAN over there to get away from....nevermind...I hope Mark Klass, or someone with extensive knowledge is there as well. This poor guy is lost

Not to be mean and I know this is a nice mobile home park, but aren't there many mobile homes jacked up on cinder blocks. Under the skirting that is.

Not safely! Mobile home jacks aren't outrageously expensive. Probably just as cheap to do it correctly and lots safer!

My last home was a prefab, putting it on the proper jacks was not a price conscious decision, the owner wouldn't be able to get insurance on it if it wasn't put in correctly.

one might be driven to prop a screen door open with a cinder block if one had multiple small children coming in and out of that door, slamming it fifty thousand times in rapid succession. Or perhaps if it wouldn't stay closed on it's own and kept smacking the side of the house?
I've got three grown, all two years apart. There was a cinder block propping my screen door open most of the time from about 1984 to 2002.
That eliminated a lot of the "will you please stop slamming that g*d d*mn door!!!!!"

this takes me right ack to the vivid memory i have of first propping that door open like that. Husband came home, looked at that block, and said "where'd you find that?"

lmao!

Thanks..We can run a check to see if any live in our town (here in MA) but I thought I had heard if one moved into our neighborhood the local police would inform us..I'm going to look into this.

I think that in some states, it's something you have to sign up for. Silly. I would think that everyone would want to know when a monster moves in down the street...

I've spent nearly the whole day reading these threads on sweet Haleigh. My initial thoughts was the gf but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't be so quick to rule out another family member, perhaps the bio mother has something to do with it.

I think it's unfair to say it's the father or the gf at this stage, until we know more facts. The gf is very young to be thrown into the step mother role and perhaps things were getting too much for her, she definitely seemed very scared talking to the 911 operator, but, I think she was afraid of Haleigh father more than anything. He sounded like a crazed mad man - understandably given the circumstances, but I fear this is not the first time she has seen his temper.

I hope Haleigh is found safe and unharmed but I have a terrible feeling. If someone has her(other than a family member) then I cannot imagine how terrified she must be feeling right now.

as far as multiple polys, I remember in the Lundsford case, the grandfather had to take more than one, and everybody went crazy about that too, the poor man was accused of all kinds of stuff on other boards, and he was totally innocent. Just sayin...

He had a past history of kidnapping something like 30 or more yrs ago?..That would explain why that happened to him.

I thought I read somewhere in an earlier thread that the SO registered with this address about a year ago? Also I wonder if Haleigh knew not to answer the door alone or for strangers?

The guy that lives 500 away from her has been registerd 2/21/2008(met with parole) if i have my date correct.

Convicted 1995

Minor:YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members