FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can totally understand how that might sound odd to people, but I think it's just the way some people talk in that area. That area is very rural part of Florida, and there's a lot of country folks there - they're not going to say "I wish he or she took me instead of her...." "They" is just an informal usage when you are referring to people in general. That's not saying I don't think she might having something to do with Haleigh's disappearence, but I'm not reading too much into her using an indefinite pronoun to describe people who may have taken Haleigh.

ITA Members of my family use this frequently.

I wish they'd (that person) took me instead of her.

I wish they (that person) would have taken me instead of her.

Leonard Padilla has offered a $25,000 reward for Haleigh.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/12/missing.florida.girl/index.html

It is very generous of him to do that, but I really really wish he would take the stipulation of her safe return. If someone knows where the body is and would tell someone if motivated to do someone... well it would be really beneficial to have the evidence collected while it is still there. You would think he would get that after the Caylee undetermined cause.

Here's a question that may have already been asked, but I am curious, if the girlfriend or someone in the family is involved, why Haleigh and not the brother also? What would be the motivation for taking only one child?

If you don't want children or feel they are in the way, why would you feel that way about only one child? Susan Smith killed both of her children, same with other parents who were sick. However, it is likely that an SO or someone with sick intentions might only want the girl, similar to the Elizabeth Smart case or Jessica Lunsford. I hate to say it, but that seems likely. :furious:

Unless someone in the family see's Caylee, florida, $$$, the notice the A family got and the connection of the two names Haleigh/Caylee/Haylee. (Caylee Marie, Haleigh Anne Marie) Adorable Brown haired girl... Let's stir things up a bit and get some donations and then bring Haleigh out of hiding, all will be well, everyone will be so excited we found her safe, no questions asked??

I guess stranger things have happened.....

Here's a question that may have already been asked, but I am curious, if the girlfriend or someone in the family is involved, why Haleigh and not the brother also? What would be the motivation for taking only one child?

If you don't want children or feel they are in the way, why would you feel that way about only one child? Susan Smith killed both of her children, same with other parents who were sick. However, it is likely that an SO or someone with sick intentions might only want the girl, similar to the Elizabeth Smart case or Jessica Lunsford. I hate to say it, but that seems likely. :furious:

That is why I said it could be a scam to get notoriety and MONEY just like the Caylee Anthony case did

Lets face it this case is getting bigger and bigger....

The G/F is the Culprit in my opinion (should i say One of them)

Oh and why just one ? two are too hard to manage and lets face it the girl is a pretty little girl just like Caylee
(as in Hayleigh is pretty as well, not that she looks like Caylee)

ITA. Between her lying about the custody issues and the strange demeanor she & her mother have on camera, something isn't right. I feel like she either knows something or is completely out of it. Why isn't she hysterical? I could hear in dad's voice on the 911 call that he was beside himself with fear. Mom's interviews...not so much. She and her mother seem more interested in making dad look bad. It seems to me that dad cleaned up his act to take care of the children. Bio mom could have filed motions, petitioned the court, etc. if she thought she was treated unfairly in family court. On the court document posted, someone was ordered to take parenting classes. Which parent was this?

It was bio mom that had to take the parenting classes. My guess is she was using during those years. The parenting class I believe was shortly after the Haleigh face down in the water incident that happened on mom's watch. I would verify the date but the threads are too long to find anything. We have so many great links, court records, maps etc and you can't access them easily. Anyone coming in new to the case won't be able to find any of that stuff either.

For example someone asked if we knew what happened between GF and her previous boyfriend. Those charges were found, he is still in jail doing an 8 year sentence. GF's mother filed the suit on behalf of the GF. I can't remember when that was found, thread 2,3,4??? I am sure we will get a forum soon and can organize.

Anyone else find it odd with all the press coverage and LE at least publically saying this is an abduction that there have been no sitings?

They can be tested before hiring here too / if they test positive you don''t have to hire them. Its one of them catch 22 things ...damned if you do / damned if you don't. The worker who tested positive still works for us today. I'm still trying to find a way to fire him....

In our state you can drug test and fire for a positive result BUT that had to be disclosed and the policy that the employee was hired under. You can't have people in your employee that never agreed to testing and just walk up one day and ask them to pee in this cup. Our employee handbook states that we can randomly test, but we never have and hope to never need to.

I'd like to say something that I'm sure will be ignored or flamed. And yes, the gf story sounds odd. And yes, I know that the family is usually the first to be suspected in a case such as this.

I'm tired of the tarring and feathering of the father and his girlfriend. Why do they have to be meth heads or child abusers or suffer from fetal alcohol syndome or be thought of as stupid?

Not everyone is white and middle class. Not everyone may have the same education as you. Just because someone talks funny or in an idiomatic way, doesn't make them stupid or a druggie.

I know plenty of people who sound just like the father and his gf. None of them are stupid or are drug addicts. They are poor. And that's not a crime.

The father sounds terrified. The gf is seventeen, for God's sake. She may have propped the screen door open and gone outside and come back to find the little girl gone and is now living with the guilt. Who the heck knows.

All I know is that questioning their whereabouts or what they may have done or not done is one thing. Conjuring up a background of drug abuse, ignorance, fetal alcohol syndrome or anything else simply because they re not like 'us' is another.

I'd like to say something that I'm sure will be ignored or flamed. And yes, the gf story sounds odd. And yes, I know that the family is usually the first to be suspected in a case such as this.

I'm tired of the tarring and feathering of the father and his girlfriend. Why do they have to be meth heads or child abusers or suffer from fetal alcohol syndome or be thought of as stupid?

Not everyone is white and middle class. Not everyone may have the same education as you. Just because someone talks funny or in an idiomatic way, doesn't make them stupid or a druggie.

I know plenty of people who sound just like the father and his gf. None of them are stupid or are drug addicts. They are poor. And that's not a crime.

The father sounds terrified. The gf is seventeen, for God's sake. She may have propped the screen door open and gone outside and come back to find the little girl gone and is now living with the guilt. Who the heck knows.

All I know is that questioning their whereabouts or what they may have done or not done is one thing. Conjuring up a background of drug abuse, ignorance, fetal alcohol syndrome or anything else simply because they re not like 'us' is another.

While I agree with you to a certain extent, I also think that a pattern of drug use, history of criminal behavior and the like, may indicate a pattern of problems or give motive for an abduction.

I do think the fetal alcohol thing may be reaching a bit as well, but I think everyone here is just trying to cover all the bases in the hopes that something might help find this little girl.

Anyone else find it odd with all the press coverage and LE at least publically saying this is an abduction that there have been no sitings?

Unfortunately no.

I feel strongly this is a "Lunsfordesque" abduction and homicide, and would go as far as to say there are three SO's that they are focused on. My heart goes out to this baby.

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/021309/news_021309_018.shtml

This is a good article on today's clues, for those who need an update.

Leila, THANK YOU! I've bookmarked so many of your posts! You deserve a special sleuthster award!

first_place_ribbon.jpg

Thanks Kimster! :blushingsmiley: I was keeping notes on the names as it was getting confusing, and then did a bit of research to fill in some gaps. I wanted to share it here for everyone to have a list. :)

I would hope no one would attack your post. Unfortunately the drug issue is documented, it is not conjured up. The caretaker being 17 and clearly unable to make solid decisions (not saying that is her fault, it is what it is) is all too apparant. The distant and disconnected bio mom is also there to see.

I don't think Haleigh is gone because they don't have the luxury of furthering their education. There are many wonderful, amazing, attentive parents out there that are "not like us". There are also parents that have all the material things and all the education opportunities the world can offer that are horrible, cruel, distant, dysfunctional, and drug users.

I think the children of parents whose priorities are not on the children they chose to have, who are using drugs, who cannot make good decisions, whose judgement is impaired, are more vulnerable to the predators of the world, strangers or the ones we share a roof with, regardless of whether it is happening in a mansion or a doublewide.

I would hope no one would attack your post. Unfortunately the drug issue is documented, it is not conjured up. The caretaker being 17 and clearly unable to make solid decisions (not saying that is her fault, it is what it is) is all too apparant. The distant and disconnected bio mom is also there to see.

I don't think Haleigh is gone because they don't have the luxury of furthering their education. There are many wonderful, amazing, attentive parents out there that are "not like us". There are also parents that have all the material things and all the education opportunities the world can offer that are horrible, cruel, distant, dysfunctional, and drug users.

I think the children of parents whose priorities are not on the children they chose to have, who are using drugs, who cannot make good decisions, whose judgement is impaired, are more vulnerable to the predators of the world, strangers or the ones we share a roof with, regardless of whether it is happening in a mansion or a doublewide.

For me personally I havent even brought up the drugs or convictions

Ive brought up that this is hot on the heels of the Caylee Case
Ive brought up the inconsistencies of the Girlfriend

These are facts that can not be denied

But who knows *maybe* *if* she was doing heavy duty drugs someone did waltz right on in and Grab Hayleigh from under her nose.

But I think LE would know by now if they are hard core drug users at this current time

Personally I am sticking to the facts that the GF is inconsistent and red flags have gone up for me on a few things

I think its a *faked* abduction. Nothing worse that that. People you trust doing it to gain fame and money

Of course that is my Feeling only. no proof.

But I do believe that the GF is up to her eyeballs in it - whether it be a faked kidnap or a real one

has LE said that it was verified that the dad was indeed at work during those hours?

The grandmothers are probably Pentecostal. When praying,people of this religious denomination believe the Holy spirit enables them to speak in tongues.

Thank you to yourself and the other poster that told me this
I am just suprised
Its not like they looked like another Race ? I didn't know that Caucasians could speak in tongue ? I thought it was more a tribal or cultural thing ?

And OMG i just googled it and read about the *speaking in tongues* part

:rolleyes:

I thought that speaking in tongues was supposed to be a sign of the devil ?

But then supposedly the Apostle Peter spoke in tongue and he was of god

Anyway better not go down this path !

Mods / Admin Please pretty please can we have a complete thread section for Hayleigh

There is a lot of important info lost in these threads

The 911 call
The utube clip i got where she says its bed @ 8pm for hayleight but in 911 and elsewhere she said 10pm (that is SO LATE for a 5 year old my daughter is that age!)

There is the parentage and players that one of the other posters graciously provided

And other important things

Please could we have a section ?? Just for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads