FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw where The dad and GF are thinking someone picked the lock to the back door, surely LE will be able to tell this, I wonder if they took the knob off to have it examined??I just cannot believe someone was able to come in, snatch a child out of her bed and leave without making a sound, all in the time it takes to make a trip to the potty, the perp would have had to been in the house already and waiting for a chance, abduction just does not make sense at all, I guess anything is possible tho

FWIW, you can pick a lock without leaving any signs of it. It's actually really easy, and the act of lock-picking would leave the exact same marks inside the lock cylinder that a key would make.

I think the GF is lying about something but not about Haleigh. I do believe that drugs were involved. I also believe the person that took Haleigh knew the GF had been doing drugs and would not hear anything.

lmcgill I am agreeing with you here. I had to sleep on this last night and I had to turn it over and over in my head logically and not let my emotions come into play.

She's a 17 yr old kid. On this particular night, did she do as I a grown woman have done in the past?

I'm not projecting my experiences onto her, just exploring if this is one possible scenario...

As a grown woman, with six small children that were asleep in their beds, I joined a neighbor lady on my own balconey (both of our husband's were in Saudi Arabia) so that I could smoke a cig and she could have a beer.

I left my balconey door open so that I could hear my children if they stirred. But I was outside, directly outside of my door. Now we are talking about a 17 yr old girl here.

Did she have a friend or friends stop by...she propped open that door in order to hear the kids if they got up, walked out back and chatted with her friends, got distracted because she is a 17 yr old kid (heck she might have even smoked a doobie or two with them) came back in the house and Haleigh is gone.

She can't say that she did that because 1. She would look responsible for leaving the door unsecured 2. She maybe wasn't supposed to have friends over while he was at work? 3. She is scared to death to tell the truth because this guy says he's gonna put a bullet through whoever is responsible and she doesn't want to be blamed. 4. She's a kid and she's just scared to tell the truth of what happened.

I agree, whatever happened, she is the key. Is she directly responsible? I don't think so.

I understand. It was more a general statement for people judging their demeanor on camera. I think most telling is their 911 call. You can hear the panic. INHO, it was absolutely genuine. Sooo different than Ms. KC.

This is true about the 911 call. But if you look at it the other way around and if you accept this could a staged abduction. The father is demonstrating his anger towards an abdcutor, the gf sounds absolutely petrified but I think she is scared of him and he could've been coaching her while she was on the phone and at the same time shouting I'm gonna kill whoever has my child. I don't think they've harmed her in any way, I do think there is a possibilty this was a stranger abduction, but, with the way this story is panning out I would at this time go for staged abduction - for Haleigh's sake, this may the best case scenario for her. Anything else then she is probably no longer with us or has been so horribly abused. I'm rambling now.

But, ya know what, I just hope this little girl is SAFE and ALIVE.....no matter what the "real" story is.

Praying for her I almost hope her disappearance has something to do with the custody battle and not a sexual predator.

gf's brother who has 2 young boys (and baby daugher) lives in same trailer park:

116 Tyler St
Satsuma

Oh, my....the kids were supposedly playing at 5, I believe....maybe THAT'S where the proped open back door came in....I keep thinking that Misty is scared of that guy and can't say anything now...it's too late to tell the truth in her mind...just IMO.

ETA : Still doesn't help to find little Haleigh...:(

snipped

Speculation: Maybe something happened to the child BEFORE Dad went to work and maybe he and GF cooked up this alibi for her to call as he was coming home from work? MOO

This is the conclusion that I am coming too. Was it confirmed by LE that the dad was at work that day, what time did he arrive, how far from the home was his workplace located, did he get a dinner break, how long, what time did he leave work? I seriously don't think that Misty hurt the child, but my hinky meter is way up around the dad.

gf's brother who has 2 young boys (and baby daugher) lives in same trailer park:

116 Tyler St
Satsuma

Good find ElizaAvalon...wonder if this was who was at the home? Remember if was stated that Brother or cousins came over but had left around 5:00.
Would be interested to see his background check.....any drug issues?

lol.....I can't keep up with all this stuff in one thread. Jumping from subject to subject....does anyone know if the girlfriends parents are still in the picture..

I haven't heard anything about them. But, on News4Jax (http://www.news4jax.com) website they have an interview with the girlfriend (a video one) and there is a lady sitting next to her. I'm wondering if that's her mom, or it may be Ronalds mom. I'm not sure.

Ok Chads remarks on her myspace the little app thing with the money bag icon....really bugs me. A money bag....is he reminding her or something?????

The money-bag is the standard image that comes from that particular App. IOW, he didn't pick the money-bag image, it automatically puts it there.

116 Tyler St
Satsuma

Thank you! So Haleigh was playing with her nephews/neighbors around 5pm then as they said.
I think it's very possible Misty would leave the children alone and go over her brother's house. If she wasn't in the trailer when Haleigh went missing, that would explain all her versions of the screwy story.
Also if she had a habit of leaving the children alone, a SO could have observed this and knew when to strike.

I think this is an issue of grammar, not guilt.

I agree.Last night Nancy Grace said she went back and listened to the first story and pointed out that "right next to her" could mean the same bed,the same room or in another bedroom right next to Haleigh's.
I am not sure what I believe yet,but I'm keeping an open mind.It's possible the girlfriend forgot to lock the door and is afraid of being blamed if she admits it.She's only 17!

Good find ElizaAvalon...wonder if this was who was at the home? Remember if was stated that Brother or cousins came over but had left around 5:00.
Would be interested to see his background check.....any drug issues?

Do you know his name?

Closing your house for a crime scene is common in FL. After my kidnapping and rape we were not allowed back into our house. Even though the man was identified as an escaped prisoner. I think it took 2-3 days before our house was released . We then moved everything out and put up a for sale sign! As far as the g/f and the sleeping arrangements I remember when my kids were little they crawled into bed with us. Especially if daddy was gone. I think because of custody issues and peoples negative judgments of the kids sleeping with G/F is where confusion may come in. I will say again that I think the G/F has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and the questions being asked are confusing to her. I mentored someone like this and although they look cute there IQ is low and instant responses are not easy. I think we are all so cynical over the A's seemingly rehearsed answers, that when a young couple truly need our help we tend to over analyze. I agree that there is a mess to this story of a typical redneck family but if you live in FL you know at least 1 family like this. I pray for equasearch to find this little girl.

This is the conclusion that I am coming too. Was it confirmed by LE that the dad was at work that day, what time did he arrive, how far from the home was his workplace located, did he get a dinner break, how long, what time did he leave work? I seriously don't think that Misty hurt the child, but my hinky meter is way up around the dad.

Yes it was confirmed by LE that he worked that evening. Haleigh also was in school that Monday....the dad picked her up from school, before work. What I want to know is if they have 2 cars? Did the dad have a car....a van? Becvause Misti did say something about someone taking the van and I want to know if there were two cars...if there are has the vehicles been checked for signs of the girl...fingerprints or what. Anyone else hear what van the girlfriend was talking about in her interview?

The very first day this case broke, I looked at Ron crying on TV and felt he was crying fake tears. Something was off, he did it. Then time passed and he got so much support here, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He kept saying he was at work and all.

I knew from the get go Misty was hiding something. She was lying.
Then, realizing Misty was crying because she was scared of Ron on the 911 call, not crying for the child missing, I decided she was the one who harmed Haleigh.

Then last night, after reading Amster's post on the Mark Klaas thread, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Everything fell into place. My first instinct about the dad was right on, just like Amsters.

I am now convinced Misty and Ron are responsible. I think maybe Ron killed the child out of rage for bed wetting, then staged it to look like an abduction, making Misty go along with him. As much as Ron is making her go along with this, Misty is going along willingly.

I am also convinced LE knew from the start Ron was lying and they will arrest the two of them very soon.

If Ron was at work, he killed the child before he left, but I have a feeling we will find out Ron was not at work the entire time and killed her during the hours he said he was "at work."

Even when Ron stood with his mom and was crying, I think his mom knew something was odd. They need to get the little boy away from these two. Grandparents! It's time to step up to the plate and take care of your grandson!

I DID give Ron the benefit of the doubt after my initial suspicions of him, but he is no Mr Lunsford.

The only difference between Ron and Misty is that he is the better liar.

While I was so convinced for about an hour, that Misty did this, Amster's brilliant post gave me the brick in the head that I needed. Here it is:

I think the gf sounds like she's been coached what to say....and, sometimes she forgets her lines. Which irritates Ronald. I think they both know exactly what happened to Haleigh.

Thank you! So Haleigh was playing with her nephews/neighbors around 5pm then as they said.
I think it's very possible Misty would leave the children alone and go over her brother's house. If she wasn't in the trailer when Haleigh went missing, that would explain all her versions of the screwy story.
Also if she had a habit of leaving the children alone, a SO could have observed this and knew when to strike.

Thank makes sense Meow, say for example she would prop the back door open so that she could reenter the trailer without a key? And by using the back door it wouldn't draw attention that her front door was wide open while she went for a visit? You know what I'm saying?

Closing your house for a crime scene is common in FL. After my kidnapping and rape we were not allowed back into our house. Even though the man was identified as an escaped prisoner. I think it took 2-3 days before our house was released . We then moved everything out and put up a for sale sign! As far as the g/f and the sleeping arrangements I remember when my kids were little they crawled into bed with us. Especially if daddy was gone. I think because of custody issues and peoples negative judgments of the kids sleeping with G/F is where confusion may come in. I will say again that I think the G/F has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and the questions being asked are confusing to her. I mentored someone like this and although they look cute there IQ is low and instant responses are not easy. I think we are all so cynical over the A's seemingly rehearsed answers, that when a young couple truly need our help we tend to over analyze. I agree that there is a mess to this story of a typical redneck family but if you live in FL you know at least 1 family like this. I pray for equasearch to find this little girl.

:blowkiss: I am sorry for your ordeal.

I don't think the GF was out of the house... surely people she was with would have come forward. I think they both just are having trouble articulating what they are trying to say. She is probably in shock. I was in shock when someone stole my car out of my driveway. I can totally see being out of it for quite some time if someone broke into my house and abducted a child. I cannot imagine what she is going through... the panic, the questions, the what ifs and then throw being thrust into the national spotlight, having people question if you were involved and going on no sleep. I don't think the father had anything to do with it either. I'm sure the little boy would have said something if something "happened" to his sister. IMO, this was an abduction from an outsider.

The very first day this case broke, I looked at Ron crying on TV and felt he was crying fake tears. Something was off, he did it. Then time passed and he got so much support here, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He kept saying he was at work and all.

I knew from the get go Misty was hiding something. She was lying.
Then, realizing Misty was crying because she was scared of Ron on the 911 call, not crying for the child missing, I decided she was the one who harmed Haleigh.

Then last night, after reading Amster's post on the Mark Klaas thread, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Everything fell into place. My first instinct about the dad was right on, just like Amsters.

I am now convinced Misty and Ron are responsible. I think maybe Ron killed the child out of rage for bed wetting, then staged it to look like an abduction, making Misty go along with him. As much as Ron is making her go along with this, Misty is going along willingly.

I am also convinced LE knew from the start Ron was lying and they will arrest the two of them very soon.

If Ron was at work, he killed the child before he left, but I have a feeling we will find out Ron was not at work the entire time and killed her during the hours he said he was "at work."

Even when Ron stood with his mom and was crying, I think his mom knew something was odd. They need to get the little boy away from these two. Grandparents! It's time to step up to the plate and take care of your grandson!

I DID give Ron the benefit of the doubt after my initial suspicions of him, but he is no Mr Lunsford.

If he wasn't even at work, surely we would have heard about it by now right?

You could have something though...maybe he did go to work, and that was part of their story.

Someone should be asking his coworkers if he was behaving strangely at work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor