FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:stop:

Stop Sleuthing these families now! They are victims also!

8499177_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/29724274/two-life-jackets-found-amid-searching-for-missing-teens

Sorry if article already linked.

What is that red thing?

How many planes and boats do you think it would take to spend $100k on fuel in one day? That's a lot of eyes, 2-4 people per plane; 4-6 per boat? Heli Aviation said they spent $2500 on two helicopters per day. So $1250 on one helicopter.

If you'll agree that a helicopter's fuel usage could be used as average between filling a boat and filling a plane; that makes 80 boats, planes and helicopters per day. Ok, I can see that.

In my opinion, with the USCG out (as they were privately searching at that time as well) plus the 80 private search vehicles-

Why didnt they find anything?

It's a serious question; and one that probably prompted the whole "something feels wrong about this" movement.

Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly don't know. I can only attest that our four seater plane has an offshore range of 150 miles, giving a safety net to land. We have been offshore of Myrtle Beach several times, and see nothing from our low altitude. I don't know who or when funds are given to, we searched when my DH was home, because my son wasn't allowed to fly offshore. We never asked for any fuel cost, the same as many others, but, at the Grand Stand Airport, several have said they were reimbursed. True or not, we searched because that could easily be my kid. And, God willing, there is never a search for my kid while flying at just 16. I cannot imagine the outlash from the public because we allow him to fly at just 16.

Another thing on the newly 'found' life jackets. .. Originally the family for a few days couldn't even say how many were missing. After following the public posts on the public fb page, I really question the helicopter company finding them. This was the same man and wife, who was publicly complaining that they haven't been reimbursed for their fuel costs. I just thought any legit company wouldn't put everything they see or find on fb. Just my opinion, but wih all the drama it seems odd to me that this particular company would be the one to find anything. The wife was booted from the main fb page, so I always am a doubting Thomas when this happens. It reminds me of the dog guy in the Ember Graham case.

Just my two cents regarding the life jackets onboard. I've been a boat owner for the majority of my adult life. Virtually every cubby on my boat has a life jacket or two in it...floatable cushions...water ski jackets...Can I tell you the exact number of jackets I have onboard right off the top of my head? No. And I do not consider it irresponsible that I don't know the exact number. But I do know I have enough + for the maximum people allowed onboard and I figure it's the same for these folks.

Just my two cents regarding the life jackets onboard. I've been a boat owner for the majority of my adult life. Virtually every cubby on my boat has a life jacket or two in it...floatable cushions...water ski jackets...Can I tell you the exact number of jackets I have onboard right off the top of my head? No. And I do not consider it irresponsible that I don't know the exact number. But I do know I have enough + for the maximum people allowed onboard and I figure it's the same for these folks.

Good point.

I agree with you here, we had orange life jackets stowed everywhere on our boat, a tally, probably more than possible for the number of occupants. My doubt was for the helicopter company to find something relayed to the boys, but I would love to be proven wrong. I want so much for them to come home, my heart aches.

I thought the same thing in the beginning,but I have learned from fellow pilots that the money is being distributed, you just don't see these people posting on FB. I'm in NC, and don't know how payouts has worked out, but our local airport pilots that helped in the search are praising the family privately, and say they were paid for fuel, etc. just because you do don't see it on fb doesn't make it untrue.

I do agree. I figured someone was having to get some reimbursing since the said that. I just don't understand how the one company that was helping was denied any reimbursement. They spent $6000 in fuel.

I agree with you here, we had orange life jackets stowed everywhere on our boat, a tally, probably more than possible for the number of occupants. My doubt was for the helicopter company to find something relayed to the boys, but I would love to be proven wrong. I want so much for them to come home, my heart aches.

Mine too, Dockins. I simply cannot fathom being in the parents shoes.

I do agree that if it were my children out there I wouldn't want to stop searching. I feel at this point is needs to go private and not all over the internet. There's is not much hope that they will find those two boys alive. Its time for them to embrace each other and start the grieving process. In my previous post I stated some things that is going on around the internet - I was simply stating what is being said and am not "attacking" the parents. I for one would not want to be in their shoes. It is hard to respect someone that would allow their kids free range of the ocean and even stating that it was their sons playground. They are not being investigated but I feel that they are on some level just as responsible that this has happened. Sorry for their loss.

Why didn't the USCG and all those other searchers not find 2 missing teens in the water?

Have y'all seen how absolutely vast the ocean is?

An entire 777 airline has been lost for 18 months, which hundreds of resources deployed to try and find it, and only now that some parts are washing up have they found something from that plane. Compare the size of a 777 to 2 kids.

You're also assuming the kids are on the surface of the ocean. If they drowned, which I think is at 100% probability, they may well have sunk to some depths.

I do agree. I figured someone was having to get some reimbursing since the said that. I just don't understand how the one company that was helping was denied any reimbursement. They spent $6000 in fuel.

I don't understand either, especially since this company has been the proverbial squeaky wheel. The owner stated days ago the financing had been taken care of, well before a six grand balance. Who knows what the truth really is. But as someone earlier on this thread stated, the two boys are missing, and that isn't a fraud. I just hope this doesn't stop other people from giving to a fund when when someone needs finding, as most people aren't like us websleuthers. We follow every case, not just one.

I believe that most of these cases involved relatively small, less aggressive species of sharks, which tend to hang closer to the shorelines. They often mistake the erratic swimming, and splashing around, of people just off the beaches, as possibly prey, and swim over to investigate. Sharks have highly developed senses of motion, smell, and range, but since their actual Taste Buds are all inside of their mouths, they often "mouth" their potential pray first, especially when it is large, and they are unsure of it. That is why most shark bites are (relatively) small, and non-fatal. Also, the victims are also usually able to be helped to safety fairly quickly.
In the case of these two young boys, however, IMO, things were different. They were much further out in the ocean, tired, helpless, and probably completely defenseless. They were out among where the much larger, and also more aggressive, sharks roam. If either boy had suffered so much as a single bleeding wound, it would have been an exceedingly dangerous situation. Keep in mind that the danger from sharks was only one of the many dangers they faced!
Personally, although I hate to even think about this, perhaps the least horrific situation would be if the boys had drowned almost immediately.

My guess would be that even if it was their life jackets are theirs they weren't wearing them.They came there adrift.Sad to see them,still holding out.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...items/nnD2d/?ecmp=pbp_social_twitter_2015_sfp

From your link:
A white cushion and a couple of life jackets have been recovered, and the families have a trainer and dog working to determine if they belong to the boys....it’s not as easy to make a definitive link as it would have been if the items were labeled or had a specific number on them... The cushion was found in Wassaw Sound on the coast of Georgia near Savannah and the jackets were found south of that, near St. Catherine...“It’s not a process that can be performed quickly,” ....
In order to make a link, the canine team needed personal items belonging to the boys, such as clothing. And thanks to a volunteer named Heather Holden of Stuart, that was possible....
Holden, a stay-at-home mother of three, is one of hundreds who have wanted to be a part of the family’s search for the teens,....She drove to Jupiter to pick up some clothes, and then drove to Gainesville to pass them on....
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...items/nnD2d/?ecmp=pbp_social_twitter_2015_sfp

I was reading some of the recent posts on the Facebook page. Lots of prayers the boys will be found ....don't give up hope , people searching all along the east coast , 10,000 photos were taken from low flying planes of the shoreline and water from Florida to SC and are now being reviewed for signs of the boys or debris.

They can't possibly believe the boys have survived for 13 days , can they ? I understand and sympathize with the family not wanting to give up hope or continuing to search to be able to bring the boys home for burial. But surely reality is going to sink in soon, isn't it ? The determination of the Facebook followers is reaching a point of cruelty to keep saying "don't give up hope, they are out there we just have to find them " .

They could hypothetically keep the 'they're alive!' Theory going for decades. They could claim the boys were abductee by pirates or are living on a desert island or started a new life somewhere.

I was reading some of the recent posts on the Facebook page. Lots of prayers the boys will be found ....don't give up hope , people searching all along the east coast , 10,000 photos were taken from low flying planes of the shoreline and water from Florida to SC and are now being reviewed for signs of the boys or debris.

They can't possibly believe the boys have survived for 13 days , can they ? I understand and sympathize with the family not wanting to give up hope or continuing to search to be able to bring the boys home for burial. But surely reality is going to sink in soon, isn't it ? The determination of the Facebook followers is reaching a point of cruelty to keep saying "don't give up hope, they are out there we just have to find them " .

Without a source of fresh drinking water, those boys could not possibly have survived this long. Three, four, maybe five days max, without water. And that's if they managed to avoid drowning, sharks, etc. It's not a matter of will to live, or experience with the sea, or anything other than basic human physiology. The human body cannot survive that long without water.

I wish someone would put a stop to the madness. Or at least recognize that they're looking for bodies, not living breathing boys.

They could hypothetically keep the 'they're alive!' Theory going for decades. They could claim the boys were abductee by pirates or are living on a desert island or started a new life somewhere.

It's already happening. Pirate conspiracies started this week.

I am pretty shocked that there' such a huge following on FB pages with thousands of people who seem to think the boys are still alive. I was on one page and they don't allow anyone to post anything that they deem "negative" which is basically anything other than thinking the boys are alive and will be found. It would certainly be awesome if that happened but at what point will things start to sink in...

I have come to the conclusion that they are people who have (a) never seen the ocean and (b) spent science class smoking pot in the parking lot, then found religion later in life. There is no other logical explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove