FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a search concerning the "last text", did not find it anywhere, can you let us know what this text said? Was it from a reliable news source? Thanks in advance....IMHO

I just did a search concerning the "last text", did not find it anywhere, can you let us know what this text said? Was it from a reliable news source? Thanks in advance....IMHO

I cant find where I read that so that may have been just a rumor.

I went ahead and deleted that part in my post since it could have just been a rumor.

I did find this which is all this article is saying.

"In their last communication, the teens sent a text message sent to Stepanos' mother, Carly Black, at 11:25 a.m. Friday, with no indications of trouble."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...florida-teens-who-set-out-for-bahamas/2238924

I'm thinking there's a possibility three life jackets are missing. Taking thoughts from what Monkey and Hatfield just said, the fact they're young, healthy, resilient, strong swimmers, I picture them in my head both wearing one of those life jackets each, then an arm each in the third, keeping them both together. (I can't bare the thought of them getting separated) That coupled with the image of them somehow tied to the cooler as Hatfield has just said, and I really still think these lads can make it. I dread to come here and read bad news.

I cant find where I read that so that may have been just a rumor.

I went ahead and deleted that part in my post since it could have just been a rumor.

I did find this which is all this article is saying.

"In their last communication, the teens sent a text message sent to Stepanos' mother, Carly Black, at 11:25 a.m. Friday, with no indications of trouble."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...florida-teens-who-set-out-for-bahamas/2238924

Wasn't trying to call you out, just didn't recall that.

I googled too, same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding that last text, I think it came from the FB page. I think someone had said it was a snapchat that said they were in trouble. But not those words, teen words were used. It could definitely of been a rumour at the time.

Oh absolutely, was not calling anyone out at all...just thought there was something I missed.

I am so hoping these boys are found or recovered either way....the sea is unforgiving, and many are never found. I feel such gloom over this, having been brought up on the water and had two close calls myself, this really hits home. I hope they were not too badly injured prior to the actual capsizing, trying to stay on the boat you can get rather beat up. I also keep thinking if they went over in a Squall, could they possibly have stayed together. I just feel sad, but cannot stop checking on this in hopes. I want a miracle here so bad. IMHO

Last night I had a dream that the boys were found. They are really weighing heavy on my heart and mind. I spoke w/ my brother last night who is an AVID fisherman on a professional south Florida fishing league and he has dashed my hopes of the boys being found alive.. I want to say that he will be proven wrong but my brother knows the water better than anyone I know. I asked him out of curiosities sake where they could be and his thought was that they would be north towards Jersey but at least the Carolinas by now. (again, he's not an expert or anything but is on the boat every weekend in fishing tournaments in the Keys & Bahamas)

I will continue to hope & pray for a miracle..

Regarding that last text, I think it came from the FB page. I think someone had said it was a snapchat that said they were in trouble. But not those words, teen words were used. It could definitely of been a rumour at the time.

Yeah, thats kind of what I recall reading. Since MSM apparantly does not mention it, its probably best to declare it as a rumor for now.

We desparately need some good news from the Coast Guard and searchers.

Someone posted a picture on the FB group of a picture taken by a buoy. Apparently it takes a photo every hour (east of Cape Hatteras) and the photo shows what honestly looks like a cooler and a human floating on something. Apparently someone is on their way to check out the area. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the photo since it was on the group?

Someone posted a picture on the FB group of a picture taken by a buoy. Apparently it takes a photo every hour (east of Cape Hatteras) and the photo shows what honestly looks like a cooler and a human floating on something. Apparently someone is on their way to check out the area. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the photo since it was on the group?

Can you link the FB group?

Oh absolutely, was not calling anyone out at all...just thought there was something I missed.

I am so hoping these boys are found or recovered either way....the sea is unforgiving, and many are never found. I feel such gloom over this, having been brought up on the water and had two close calls myself, this really hits home. I hope they were not too badly injured prior to the actual capsizing, trying to stay on the boat you can get rather beat up. I also keep thinking if they went over in a Squall, could they possibly have stayed together. I just feel sad, but cannot stop checking on this in hopes. I want a miracle here so bad. IMHO

Yeah, this case is terribly sad and we all just want some good news.

OT
This may have been mentioned already but it appears a part of the MH370 missing Malyasia plane has just been found today. That gave me hope that it was a sign for some good news for the boys.

The part was found on some island that is many miles west of Austrailia.

This might be a crazy theory but how does anyone even know they were on the boat? Is there any eyewitness of them being on the boat actually? All that is missing from the boat is the cooler definitely. The parents aren't even sure if there were life jackets on it. I dont know if this makes sense, but what if they wanted to run away or something we do not know their history really.

bbm

I had similar thoughts. At this point the chances they are alive would be higher if they had planned some sort of run away scenario, or even if they were kidnapped. I know it's far fetched and highly unlikely but would give more hope in regards to them being alive.

This website features the photos taken by a buoy cam - I don't know exactly where it is located - that were posted on the fb group page. They seem to show something white floating. It has been reported to the searchers.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41001

On one it does look like something white and rectangular, as the cooler was described. Maybe someone here can get the pictures more clear?

From the timestamp on some of the images they were taken up to probably 2 hours ago now I think it was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141